• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Sephzilla

Same here.

It wasn't bad, but, I felt that there wasn't much aggression. Like the Aldo vs. Edgar fight felt pretty boring because Aldo was doing was defending.

There were a couple of fights (if you count prelims) last night where it felt like there was a clear winner going into round 3, and the guy losing needed to come out a lot more aggressive. I think Silva would have pulled a come from behind win in his fight if he was more aggressive in the third round - but I cant fault Silva too much considering he showed up on 2 days notice

Mahonay

Banned
I stopped watching UFC on the regular about a decade ago. The culture that has formed around it is worse than wrestling, it's extremely offputting to me. Tons of extremely bro-tastic fans, and the UFC it's self now has that sleezy feel that boxing always gave me.

I'll tune in for a big fight maybe once a year now.

Everything around pro wrestling is often terrible too but in a different way. Also it's been carny since it's inception.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I stopped watching UFC on the regular about a decade ago. The culture that has formed around it is worse than wrestling, it's extremely offputting to me. Tons of extremely bro-tastic fans, and the UFC it's self now has that sleezy feel that boxing always gave me.

haven't heard a "this is awesome" chant yet so how bad could they be?

imBask

Banned

Everything around pro wrestling is often terrible too but in a different way. Also it's been carny since it's inception.

lol what are you, a pussy bro? too afraid to fight bro? 2 real 4 u bro?

lol.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The crowd is rarely noticeable in any way beyond cheers or boos in MMA

klonere

Banned
UFC fans are just a new breed of Attitude Era fans it seems.

A very good friend of mine was sexually assaulted at a big McGregor fight viewing so I'm a bit more biased on that issue tbh

imBask

Banned
I mean, UFC fans can be trashy but I don't want to ignore it because of them, I love UFC

You could also ignore wrestling because of CZW you know...

58b008d6d9f5c6a3f8a43a6b54151fb568ed6272_hq.gif

Mahonay

Banned
I mean, UFC fans can be trashy but I don't want to ignore it because of them, I love UFC

CZW represents about 2 percent of current wrestling. It is it's own isolated niche and it serves it's purpose to keep all of that crazy shit in one spot.

Sephzilla

Probably did this in front of 20 fans for about 30 bucks

Been trying for 3 days to set up a stupid Pokemon Go account.

Pokemon Go just makes me thirsty for the next real Pokemon game. I don't really feel like walking around town going to weird locations like a creeper because I'm searching for a goddamn Paras

klonere

Banned
When his contract runs out, I believe after Mania next year.

If Brock really wanted to and I think he does, he could tell Vince to get bent and go straight back to the UFC now that he's coming off his big win.

Bad mix of typical Irish male drunkenness and inability deal with females beyond "i sex her" and gym bro protein shake gear culture. It's the fucking apocalypse and reason I have never been to a UFC viewing in Ireland since.

this version of the wrasslin crowds are shit tier argument is especially hilarious given that UFC fans just booed out a guy taking a fight on half his pay at 2 days notice to try not to screw up the card

and after the rev pro crowd last night, you have me at the most on your side i've ever been, and you couldn't even muster a decent argument to sway me

imBask

Banned
oh that I disagree on though. Dana White is the perfect heel promoter, he's what Steph wishes she were and the guy can sell a fight

Kaladin

I have one major issue with the Cruiserweight Classic.

I don't know who to root for.

Seriously.....32 people and there is a damn good field of contenders.

I kinda want to root for Zack Sabre Jr. all the way, but then their is Kota Ibushi and Johnny Gargano, and Rich Swann, and The Brian Kendrick and TJ Perkins and other guys I haven't heard of or have heard of but never seen before that seem like potential contenders.

Seriously...who do you root for?

imBask

Banned
I'd rather have a Dana White willing to bury one of his main event guy at the biggest PPV of all time for fucking him over than a Vince handing out steroids and pushing his athletes to suicide and/or early death

jmdajr

Probably did this in front of 20 fans for about 30 bucks

Pokemon Go just makes me thirsty for the next real Pokemon game. I don't really feel like walking around town going to weird locations like a creeper because I'm searching for a goddamn Paras

I do a lot of walking in general so....well. My curiosity is too high.

I bet the hood has some dope Pokemon.

Mahonay

Banned

I kinda want to root for Zack Sabre Jr. all the way, but then their is Kota Ibushi and Johnny Gargano, and Rich Swann, and The Brian Kendrick and TJ Perkins and other guys I haven't heard of or have heard of but never seen before that seem like potential contenders.

Yeah I was thinking this same thing while watching the bracketology special. But that is what will probably make it so good. They are making us invested in these competitors.

Mahonay

Banned
I'd rather have a Dana White willing to bury one of his main event guy at the biggest PPV of all time for fucking him over than a Vince handing out steroids and pushing his athletes to suicide and/or early death
But look at Vince. He's a walking steroid and he's perfectly healthy...and verile...oh yes...THE GENETIC JACKHAMMER

jmdajr

But look at Vince. He's a walking steroid and he's perfectly healthy...and verile...oh yes...THE GENETIC JACKHAMMER

Vince doesn't have to take pain meds because he's not out there taking bumps.

He also doesn't believe in sleep. So no uppers or downers.

His diet is also impeccable. Absolutely zero bullshit except for cheat day.

Kaladin

Yeah I was thinking this same thing while watching the bracketology special. But that is what will probably make it so good. They are making us invested in these competitors.

Exactly. Going into Bracketology, I only wanted to root for two people. Now I have a long list.

klonere

Banned

If there was an Irish guy in it I'd cheer him but beyond that every match is going to be so heartbreaking :(

Actual emotional investment....it's...it's just like the Bayley storyline last year....

this version of the wrasslin crowds are shit tier argument is especially hilarious given that UFC fans just booed out a guy taking a fight on half his pay at 2 days notice to try not to screw up the card

and after the rev pro crowd last night, you have me at the most on your side i've ever been, and you couldn't even muster a decent argument to sway me

Oh dear, what happened? You should come over to OTT sometime, we've got a pretty great balance between smarks, casual fans and keepin it kayfabe.

Mahonay

Banned
Vince doesn't have to take pain meds because he's not out there taking bumps.

He also doesn't believe in sleep. So no uppers or downers.

His diet is also impeccable. Absolutely zero bullshit except for cheat day.
My version of Vince snorts 15 lines a day.

Also all those guys who died were just taking drugs the wrong way. Clearly.

That unnecessarily hard fucking ring mat didn't help workers either. Watching guys take hard bumps on that shit still makes me wince when I watch old stuff,

Or you could go full Bill Watts and leave the concrete floors exposed on the outside because MATS ARE FOR PUSSIES.

Caderfix

Same here.

It wasn't bad, but, I felt that there wasn't much aggression. Like the Aldo vs. Edgar fight felt pretty boring because Aldo was doing was defending.

Honestly, that was the fight of the night. Aldo did an amazing job. When he countered Edgar's kick with a jumping punch... that was beautiful.

Caderfix

Except for when they chanted "Stand them up" durng Silva/Cormier. And the chants in Portuguese when they are in Brasil.

Oh, yeah, people here in Brazil like to yell a bunch of non-sense. We are basically a CZW crowd, but for every sport ever.

I got to admit though, I find "Uh vai morrer" funny, as it is basically "[wrestler's name] is gonna kill you."

Top Bottom