• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

DMczaf

AwCM8xa.jpg

oddjobs

I wonder if they'll bring back past guys during the draft or in the weeks to come.

Here's the "official" NXT roster as per WWE.com - some notable omissions like TM61 & Authors of Pain. Also left out people like Cathy Kelley and Greg Hamilton who are unlikely to be important enough to spend a slot on. Names in ( ) could appear as both singles guys or tag teams.

My picks are bolded.

Men:

Andrade Cien ALmas
Angelo Dawkins
Austin Aries
(Wesley Blake)
(Buddy Murphy)
(Dash Wilder)
Elias Samson
Finn Balor
Hideo Itami
(Johnny Gargano)
(Tomasso Ciampa)
Mojo Rawley
No Way Jose
Samoa Joe - Champion
Sawyer Fulton
(Scott Dawson)
Shinsuke Nakamura
Tye Dillinger

Tag teams:

American Alpha
The Revival - Champions
(Gargano & Ciampa)
(Blake & Murphy)

Women:

Alexa Bliss
Aliyah
Asuka - Champion
Bayley
Billie Kay
Carmella
Eva Marie
Liv Morgan
Mandy Rose
Nia Jax
Peyton Royce

Announcers:

Corey Graves
Tom Phillips

I think Alexa Bliss has a better chance of getting drafted than Carmella

Though if they do split up Enzo and Cass for whatever stupid reason, I suppose it would give Enzo something to do

Sephzilla

Was looking into cable TV options in town here just because NFL season is around the corner and I'm shocked to learn that one of the cable providers in my town doesn't include HD as a standard option (in 2016).

Jeezus

oddjobs

Have they officially signed him yet? I'm hoping he does get signed though, like Taijiri.

Meltzer sez he isn't sure about Tajiri.

Apparently bunch of 'em are signed but told to keep their mouths shut. Reasonably sure about Metalik ("confirmed,") no other sure ones. Heard Ibushi from multiple sources but couldn't get verification.

Sephzilla

Charlotte still being champion reminds me of how completely backwards WrestleMania 32's booking was. Her reign should have ended there.

There's been a few CWC signings apparently but THE Brian Kendrick is never brought up in those updates.
Maybe he'll be one of the last to come around.
One guy is big , one guy is small
Both are boring, keep them together so they're not clogging up both shows.
So with the draft, WWE Games should really bring back GM mode
Next year, they should have it like sym again. That was great.

Meltzer sez he isn't sure about Tajiri.

Apparently bunch of 'em are signed but told to keep their mouths shut. Reasonably sure about Metalik ("confirmed,") no other sure ones. Heard Naito from multiple sources but couldn't get verification.
I haven't heard anything about Naito, that one is most surprising to me. We'll start to see more come out next month. September is supposedly the big month for all things nxt when it comes to signing.

Multiple people have reported on Taijiri, we'll see.

oddjobs

I haven't heard anything about Naito, that one is most surprising to me. We'll start to see more come out next month. September is supposedly the big month for all things nxt when it comes to signing.

Multiple people have reported on Taijiri, we'll see.

Shit, of course I mean Ibushi instead of Naito.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I probably would have given SD the first pick but the 2 for 3 thing makes sense. Anyways the face is supposed to have the disadvantage.

Just the whole idea of having a face/neutral authority figure again in the WWE is a great change.

oddjobs

BWAHHHHHHAAAAAHAHA! I'm like, I didn't even know he was on their radar or haven't heard any rumblings on that. The crazy thing about Ibushi is he gave an interview right before being signed then BAM! It all comes out.

http://enuhito.com/eng/?p=545

That's the interview

Yeah. Could be that Ibushi is kind of a carny (like his shit with the "Ibushi Pro Wrestling Research Institute," talking about having round/triangle rings and what not) so wouldn't be surprised to see him sign, especially if they have Funaki or Tozakawa helping him & others with language barriers etc.

somedevil

I probably would have given SD the first pick but the 2 for 3 thing makes sense. Anyways the face is supposed to have the disadvantage.

Just the whole idea of having a face/neutral authority figure again in the WWE is a great change.

If the rumor is true that
Daniel Bryan
is the smackdown GM. I wonder if he will select
Hideo Itami.
He just came back and doesn't seem to have a match on the NXT brooklyn show.

oddjobs

anyway: it's a terrible idea to try to watch multiple WWE HoF:s in succession. I tried. couldn't make it past 2 1/2 starting from 2004.

question: any guesses on returning past superstars?

DMczaf

What would be cool is if each GM actually drafts guys who fit their "systems" so we get 2 completely different shows wrestling wise.

That's not going to happen.

oddjobs

If the rumor is true that
Daniel Bryan
is the smackdown GM. I wonder if he will select
Hideo Itami.
He just came back and doesn't seem to have a match on the NXT brooklyn show.

That'd be kind of reckless though as
dude's been out for over a year. also, I think he's having 2 matches in the next 3 weeks. could be cool, might end up costing his career in the long run though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching MMA/UFC guys on twitter, I think they're going to be the future source of ridiculous shoot interviews instead of 'I played Madden and made a twitter post' that wrestling shoots are slowly devolving into.

What would be cool is if each GM actually drafts guys who fit their "systems" so we get 2 completely different shows wrestling wise.

That's not going to happen.

I mean to be fair, we don't know what's going to happen. All reports are that they want these two shows to feel and look different. What that means in execution is anyone's guess.

You are probably right, but we'll see how it goes.

With this Tuesday's WWE Draft on the premiere of SmackDown Live on USA Network fast approaching, WWE.com answers the biggest questions of the WWE Universe with a breakdown of the official rules, regulations and procedures for one of the biggest nights in WWE history — including a major update that will change the face of NXT as well.

The rules for the WWE Draft are as follows:

RAW has the first overall pick
Since SmackDown Live is a two-hour show and Raw is three hours, for every two picks SmackDown Live receives, Raw will receive three picks
Tag Teams count as one pick unless a Commissioner/General Manager specifically only wants one member of the team
Six draft picks will be made off the NXT roster

The list of current WWE Superstars eligible for the WWE Draft will be as follows:

Male Superstars

AJ Styles
Alberto Del Rio
Apollo Crews
Baron Corbin
Big Show
Braun Strowman
Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar
Cesaro
Chris Jericho
Darren Young (w/ Bob Backlund)
Dean Ambrose – WWE Champion
Demon Kane
Dolph Ziggler
Erick Rowan
Jack Swagger
John Cena
Kalisto
Kevin Owens
Mark Henry
Neville
Randy Orton
Roman Reigns
Rusev (w/ Lana) – United States Champion
Sami Zayn
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Sin Cara
The Miz (w/ Maryse) – Intercontinental Champion
Titus O’Neil
Zack Ryder

Tag Teams

Breezango (Fandango and Tyler Breeze)
Enzo and Cass (Enzo Amore and Big Cass)
Gallows and Anderson (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson)
Golden Truth (Goldust and R-Truth)
Shining Stars (Epico and Primo)
Social Outcasts (Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel and Heath Slater)
The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor)
The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley)
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) – Tag Team Champions
The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso)
The Vaudevillains (Aiden English and Simon Gotch)

Female Superstars

Alicia Fox
Becky Lynch
Charlotte – WWE Women’s Champion
Dana Brooke
Eva Marie
Naomi
Natalya
Paige
Sasha Banks
Summer Rae

For the new page