• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Nah, not yet. They'll want to give them a title run first, surely?
giphy.gif

Bayley's finisher is a joke. And her coming to main roster won't change shit in the Divas' division. Not with the genetic jackhammer around.

Looks pretty good when done from the second rope, though.

339.gif

Bayley's not going to get over for her finisher. She's going to get over for her mass appeal and enthusiasm. Unless you're a misogynist or Meltzer, in which case you'll hate her.

Looks pretty good when done from the second rope, though.

339.gif

Bayley's not going to get over for her finisher. She's going to get over for her mass appeal and enthusiasm. Unless you're a misogynist or Meltzer, in which case you'll hate her.
It only looks good because of Based Eva's selling!

WWE already putting Nakamura in a comedy stable :/ smdh ��������
Na, man, he'll be good since he'll be by himself come next week. Bayley, Balor and American Alpha are definitely going main roster tomorrow.
Yes, I get the joke.

Caderfix

Cass is really tall though.

I like Cass, but the push he's receiving is ridiculous and bad for both him and Enzo. Cass don't have enough charisma or character yet and a push in this conditions can really hurt a career, while Enzo is very charismatic and can hold his own in a promo with anyone, but due to his size will most likely be a jobber and join Golden Truth or something equally as bad.

klonere

Banned
I think Enzo and Cass are pretty close to being ready for the tag titles but if they get split up then I guess that's kiboshed.

The tag title scene hasn't been about good matches since Kiddsaro was around. It's more about New Day's goofiness and character work which suits Enzo and Cass just fine.

It only looks good because of Based Eva's selling!

Na, man, he'll be good since he'll be by himself come next week. Bayley, Balor and American Alpha are definitely going main roster tomorrow.
Yes, I get the joke.
Sonny. The only jokes I see are the ones in the ring doing a poor man's too sweet, brother.

According to Wikipedia, New Day is like one or two days away from beating London and Kendrick for being the longest reigning tag-team champions ever. It's a non-title match at Battleground so chances of them dropping them to someone at Summerslam?

I like Cass, but the push he's receiving is ridiculous and bad for both him and Enzo. Cass don't have enough charisma or character yet and a push in this conditions can really hurt a career, while Enzo is very charismatic and can hold his own in a promo with anyone, but due to his size will most likely be a jobber and join Golden Truth or something equally as bad.
Cass is getting Romaned ASAP. Vince knows his brain isn't getting any less senile.

Raw64life

According to Wikipedia, New Day is like one or two days away from beating London and Kendrick for being the longest reigning tag-team champions ever. It's a non-title match at Battleground so chances of them dropping them to someone at Summerslam?

Longest tag title reign since the tag belts got split up in 2002. Longest tag title reign overall is still Demolition by a lot.

Is Big Cass gonna be like Roman and even when he and Enzo break up he's still gonna be coming out to "SAWFT is a Sin"?

Hell, even Carmella has her own theme.

Longest tag title reign since the tag belts got split up in 2002. Longest tag title reign overall is still Demolition by a lot.
True. Commentary keeps mentioning how close they are to beating the L & K record, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get some big New Day celebration sometime soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was just thinking. Imagine if Undertaker was Big Evil Undertaker and still in that kind of shape.

I would love for him to come out on Raw and have a promo about how his match with Brock at Wrestlemania should get an asterick. And kick him in the dick.

Cass is gonna keep the theme, the gear, and the talking entrance while they force Enzo to change everything and give him minimal mic time. And if the Big C doesn't get over Vince'll blame Enzo.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ko09i
Damn. Even as late as 2010/2011 the divas were treated like shit. I doubt Vince has changed, and his hand is being pretty much forced into this "revolution".
There's also another story involving Michelle I think having a Smackdown match with someone and when they were getting changed out of their gear, they had to change back and do the match again because it was too good.

I loved Michelle and LayCool. They were what kept the division during that period of time entertaining.

imBask

Banned
The problem is that outside of a few moment in pro wrestling history no one has really cared about woman wrestling, so expecting someone like Vince who has been in business for ever to care is a lost cause.

the thing is, it's incredibly simple to solve... just let them have matches instead of "divas matches", that's it. It works on NXT and it's within your own company. He's just an old farts who loves big tits and oily bodies

klonere

Banned
I wrote about Thatcher and the whole show here: http://wrestlingwiththoughts.tumblr.com/post/147571272765/evolve-64-071616-queens-ny.

Fair warning: it's long. I went full DVDVR on this show.

That was some good lunchtime reading there. I've read a lot on that show mainly to figure out where everyone is at with Thatcher and I definitely liked yours the best. Nice mix of play by play with analysis. Especially the notes on the crowd, its always interesting to see the difference between live and TV. I thought the crowd was at its hottest for the Strong hold spot but I was kinda out of it for the 4 way after the opening bit. Oh and the crowd seemed pretty loud for Marty's chickenwing attempt on my end.

That Chris Dickinson/Kimber Lee clip though jesus that is some heinous shit. Dude is demonstrably unsafe. I too hope there is more to Darby beyond hideous bumps. I he understands what his character is and how to get it over but maybe now with two near life ending stunts on his resume he can calm down. Probably not though cos lol wrestling.

I think Thatcher is turning heel. He's getting shit from the crowd and there isn't a single person in the company that likes him. Everyone is too busy fucking around with his belt (that he seems to care less and less about) and doing worked shoots to bother with him as a person. He's slunk away with injuries, fuck finishes and general apathy from his matches. His knowing smile after the match with Marty screamed "yeah that was weak as hell but fuck you". His style perfectly compliments a modern heel champ - he's not offensively bad but he has zero flash and an excellent ability to power out of signature spots and slap on his sleeper to quickly put away any beloved babyface challenger. Nobody is going to pop for that, even begrudgingly. He doesn't have that odd charisma of Marty that makes it difficult to cheer.

To do some fantasybooking.txt: he's a guy who appears to not care about the belt, promotion, other wrestlers or himself but is instead champion out of spite for the fans who rejected him and colleagues who belittled him.

Great show anyway and everyone should grab it if they can, we'll worth the $20.

The problem is that outside of a few moment in pro wrestling history no one has really cared about woman wrestling, so expecting someone like Vince who has been in business for ever to care is a lost cause.
But going out of your way to make them look bad is insulting and asinine. I'm all about #KeepDivasOnRAW RAW but making them reshoot a match because it "looked to good" is some unacceptable bullshit.

That was some good lunchtime reading there. I've read a lot on that show mainly to figure out where everyone is at with Thatcher and I definitely liked yours the best. Nice mix of play by play with analysis. Especially the notes on the crowd, its always interesting to see the difference between live and TV. I thought the crowd was at its hottest for the Strong hold spot but I was kinda out of it for the 4 way after the opening bit. Oh and the crowd seemed pretty loud for Marty's chickenwing attempt on my end.

That Chris Dickinson/Kimber Lee clip though jesus that is some heinous shit. Dude is demonstrably unsafe. I too hope there is more to Darby beyond hideous bumps. I he understands what his character is and how to get it over but maybe now with two near life ending stunts on his resume he can calm down. Probably not though cos lol wrestling.

I think Thatcher is turning heel. He's getting shit from the crowd and there isn't a single person in the company that likes him. Everyone is too busy fucking around with his belt (that he seems to care less and less about) and doing worked shoots to bother with him as a person. He's slunk away with injuries, fuck finishes and general apathy from his matches. His knowing smile after the match with Marty screamed "yeah that was weak as hell but fuck you". His style perfectly compliments a modern heel champ - he's not offensively bad but he has zero flash and an excellent ability to power out of signature spots and slap on his sleeper to quickly put away any beloved babyface challenger. Nobody is going to pop for that, even begrudgingly. He doesn't have that odd charisma of Marty that makes it difficult to cheer.

To do some fantasybooking.txt: he's a guy who appears to not care about the belt, promotion, other wrestlers or himself but is instead champion out of spite for the fans who rejected him and colleagues who belittled him.

Great show anyway and everyone should grab it if they can, we'll worth the $20.

I swear it's not because they're both Brits (sort of), but I can see traces of Nigel's championship reign around when Nigel finally turned heel in Thatcher's run. It's no surprise that Gabe is reusing some of the Nigel booking for Thatcher.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so those are the 5 called up I guess?

also is ther eno G1 thread this year? Im hearing day 1 was great

klonere

Banned
You guys should follow, for more images

https://twitter.com/BossMoz

He is,going through 2003 wwe

Seriously this account is a picture into how disgusting WWE got. So glad I wasn't watching back then. I know I would have tried to justify it to myself.

so those are the 5 called up I guess?

also is ther eno G1 thread this year? Im hearing day 1 was great

I'll make one this evening if there is none up by then.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There should be a notice to all nxt and wwe wrestlers that unless they are in the club they can't use that hand gesture.

Which one? The Kliq, the nWo, the Bullet Club, or the Club™?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see Vangaurd-1 win a ladder match and be champion.

Top Bottom