• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, Bulletproof is a better stable name than "The Club™".

But I don't think The Club™ is the final name, really.

yb.PNG

Kaladin

13592287_833067890161069_8822207407309767084_n.jpg

So yeah. i went to a local pro wrestling show last night. This wasn't no well known indy, it was your typical local boys putting on a wrasslin show for the locals. Holy shit this was more fun than I expected. Me and my friend were laughing our asses off at both the comedy bits and the absurdity of watching a botchamania segment in real life.

This company calls itself Extreme Pro Wrestling. That is it. They had one extreme match of the night which was a weapons on a pole match. Holy shit this pole structure was flimsy as fuck. It was up for the whole event and they actually had two poles on one side of the ring with a cable running between them holding other things. Some of these other things fell off during early matches.

This match was wrestled by Logan Steele and Insane Tommy Dane (I think) but my friend referred to them as Dad Bod vs Male Pattern Baldness. It looked like two drunk uncles hit the ring.

13718652_10208613057957827_1731845557339070581_n.jpg

This whole thing set up a match next month. They're doing an entire event with a steel cage around the ring and these guys will use flaming tables in their match. These guys.

The highlight or lowlight if you will of the evening was a wrestler named Effy The Weapon Of Sass Destruction.

13726690_10208612871233159_5392594681862471472_n.jpg

This guy is interesting and really the only one that seems to put work into a character.

We are most certainly going back next month to see the insanity with a "steel cage" for the entire night. I don't know if I trust these guys with flaming tables. Seek out and support your local indies, they just might be fun, even if they are horrible.

You all wait because Balor's gonna debut as Sheamus' brother and it's gonna be revealed Becky is their cousin and the new Irish power stable will hit the scenes.

Kaladin

I have one major hope for the draft. I realize that one show won't be all indie / NXT guys, but my hope is that the indie and NXT wrestlers get show where they are the highlight. Make these guys the stars instead of having them waste away battling for the IC title.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Metlzer's getting worked by the draft order. It's fake.

According to the rules, this represents four picks. I think Alexa Bliss and Joey Samoey go up too.

Finn, Bayley, 100%
American Alpha 95%
Nakamura 90%
Alexa Bliss 70%
Samoa Joe 50%

Tye Dillinger and Asuka are also possibilities, but I think they'll want to save Asuka for until Bayley is champ. Alexa has much more flexibility story-wise. Tye isn't quite at the level Breeze was when he got his callup, and Joe is a better pick. Hideo is a dark horse, he's had a longer recovery than Sami and also less matches worked beforehand. But he obviously has the talent.

Kaladin

Female Superstars

Alicia Fox
Becky Lynch
Charlotte – WWE Women’s Champion
Dana Brooke
Eva Marie
Naomi
Natalya
Paige
Sasha Banks
Summer Rae

There are ten women wrestlers on the main roster? i swear I've seen more women jobbers in NXT. To make things worse, they're only using 5 or 6 of them regularly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How surprised will you be when Nia Jax attacks Becky after her match and makes that weird constipated scared face when she's trying to look tough?

There are ten women wrestlers on the main roster? i swear I've seen more women jobbers in NXT. To make things worse, they're only using 5 or 6 of them regularly.
There's also Nikki, Emma and Tamina out on injury. People say that they only use a few women and ignore the others, but then if someone brings up an idea to involve more people (e.g; women's money in the bank, women's tag-team belts) people say there aren't enough women for it to work. And both parties can be right with those arguments. A never-ending cycle.

Angry Grimace

Becky, Sasha and Charlotte are the only ones who ever do anything

Tommy come take this L
In 2002, New York State passed legislation that scaled back the regulation of "professional wrestling" in many respects based on a recognition that the activity is entertainment rather than bona-fide athletic competition. Under current New York State law, "professional wrestling" is defined as wrestling "primarily for the purpose of providing entertainment to spectators and which does not comprise a bona fide athletic contest or competition" (NY Unconsolidated Laws section 8928-b[1]). As such, the State does not license individual wrestlers, and Mr. Lesnar is not a licensee of the New York State Athletic Commission. In the context of "professional wrestling," as defined above, the State licenses only the promoter, such as the WWE. Per New York law, among other health and safety requirements that apply to the licensing of a promoter, the event promoter is required to have a physician examine each wrestler and determine whether each wrestler is medically fit to participate.

The question of whether Mr. Lesnar is fit to participate in a "professional wrestling" event is one that will be determined by the application of the professional medical judgment of the examining physician, the policies of the WWE, and the choices made by Mr. Lesnar with regard to his own participation leading up to the event date

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...ork-state-provides-statement-on-brock-lesnar/

Angry Grimace

Meltzer is pretty sure Cedric Alexander is getting signed.

Also, Samoa Joe has an elbow injury, he's still working but not taking any bumps.

How surprised will you be when Nia Jax attacks Becky after her match and makes that weird constipated scared face when she's trying to look tough?

As long as Jax screams like she did at the end of her latest Takeover match, it'll be fine. Not psyched to see her on the main roster, though.

Top Bottom