• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

RBH

Cnr-lTQVYAAKdl_.jpg:large

Between "hey, remember the ATTITUDE ERA?????" and "watching Smackdown is just like cheering for me!" I can't say I'm feeling it just yet. Need to see dem rosters.

Either way having Daniel Bryan commentate the CWC and having that angle of "I'm a smaller guy from indies too" only to put cruiserweights on the other show is hilarious

"Superstar facts" as opposed to "WWE/Brand facts" is nice to see.

The Usos and Roman Reigns little cousin is coming to RAW to be top Curiserweight watch lmao

Roman is really the only guy "related" to the Rock that gets any push. Usos have been long out of the major picture. And Nia has lost twice for the NXT title. This meme makes no sense to me.

KingBroly

Banned
I feel like Raw being Face/Heel and SD being Face/Face leadership wise is going to hurt SD unless Bryan turns Heel. But man, you can't really hate on Bryan.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Can we talk about how badly raw will shit on the cruiserweights? I dont expect anything good on that end.

I also hope this doesnt mean Smackdown gets dumped with the entire diva roster

Getting the women away from Stephanie (and maybe Dunn and Vince) is the best thing that could happen for them. The roster is too small for them to be split anyway so they are going to one or the other.

Alucard

Banned
Watching Raw for the first time in months. Maybe for the first time this year...

Shane and Stephanie are awful together and need a script to read from. This improv just makes me cringe. That said, Bryan and Foley were both fantastic. Happy to see them both.

RBH

Between "hey, remember the ATTITUDE ERA?????" and "watching Smackdown is just like cheering for me!" I can't say I'm feeling it just yet. Need to see dem rosters.

Either way having Daniel Bryan commentate the CWC and having that angle of "I'm a smaller guy from indies too" only to put cruiserweights on the other show is hilarious

Yeah, that was bizarre to me too.

That, and having Mick Foley as the Authority's rep on Raw is strange too, but I understand why they wanted to have a face figure as the GM on both shows so that people tune in to both shows.

Don't mess with the Game. Consistently always delivered, and put butts in their seats. Bow down to him ;)
It appears as if Pat Patterson has given notice to WWE that he will be leaving the company next week. He gave notice on October 5th, with Taboo Tuesday set to be his final day.

Patterson recently spoke out against how WWE is using Triple H, saying that he is being given too much power and too much storyline focus without creating new stars. Patterson was growing more and more upset with WWE’s creative direction as a whole as well. Vince McMahon sent Patterson on the road with the RAW brand a few weeks back to observe and come up with ways to improve the product. Patterson spoke out about Triple H and his growing concern over the company’s direction following his run with the RAW crew.

Patterson was always thought of as Vince’s right hand man and top “yes man” so it took many by surprise when he spoke out against Triple H. Of course, most believe Triple H to be the second most powerful man in WWE now, behind only Vince himself.

Patterson has been with WWE for 46 years, but that will likely come to an end next week over this controversy with Triple H.

I get it from the perspective of "Raw needs another division to fill time", but yeah from a story perspective it's strange. Also strange that Shane didn't really have a counter-announcement about any division or thing being SD exclusive.

The McMahon family improv has to stop. Vince has lost it and Shane and Steph never had it. They need more scripting than anyone else.

vince can still have the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand when he is out there on the mic vince still has it he has just gone soft over the years.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I get it from the perspective of "Raw needs another division to fill time", but yeah from a story perspective it's strange. Also strange that Shane didn't really have a counter-announcement about any division or thing being SD exclusive.
Figure you'd save Smackdown surprises for tomorrow.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I doubt the Cruiserweight division is going to have guys like Balor in it even though they'd technically qualify (so would Neville, really) I'm guessing its a place for the legitimately little dudes they've got in the CWC.

So the 3 Shield members, like I called, have a 0% chance of all being on the same show

Gonna go ahead and call...5% chance Owens and Zayn end up on the same show

Anth0ny

Still so bizarre how they position raw as the heel show with Stephanie "in charge"

Her choosing foley makes no sense at all, but it will be cool to have him on the show

Hopefully

I'll be watching smackdown, not raw, if anything

Smackdown's counter announcement is that it'll be all about giving superstars opportunities (even though it's the smaller ones who probably need them haha)

Steph being heel with face Foley makes sense. It allows them to continue stupid authority angles when needed, while still having a friendly face to handle everything else. Basically saying Smackdown won't have any of that

Still so bizarre how they position raw as the heel show with Stephanie "in charge"

Her choosing foley makes no sense at all, but it will be cool to have him on the show

Hopefully

I'll be watching smackdown, not raw, if anything
Because she(Vince & management) knows no one wants to see big nose again.

Alucard

Banned
Cesaro still looking for a gimmick that works this far into his WWE career is a bit sad to see. He's so damn talented ring-wise, but he just can't find something that truly connects with audiences.

Top Bottom