• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
#ShowYourShoesThursday
WVp1niyl.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, Meltzer said that Nakamura and Joe will get called up and implied they would likely go to SmackDown. Either one of those guys makes the SD roster look way better.

https://theringer.com/wwe-draft-raw-smackdown-wrestling-415fbbffb997#.hm4u7ggfv

The winners and losers of the WWE draft...

Winners:
Raw
Raw Women's
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Charlotte
Finn Balor
PEDs
Sami Zayn
Bray Wyatt
Cesaro

Losers:
SD Women's
Cruiserweight Division
NXT
Roman Reigns
Kevin Owens
Enzo and Cass
Cesaro

and a lot more at the link

Despite what this guy says, I highly doubt they drafted Finn Balor in the first 5 minutes of a heavily hyped draft to be on a cruiserweight division along with the one other guy who arguably is the right size. That division is going to have to be made up of CWC guys if it ever exists.

In fact, I'd probably go far enough to say the cruiserweight division is a shitty idea in 2016, even if guys like Zach Sabre Jr. wouldn't get a chance otherwise.

I mean, Meltzer said that Nakamura and Joe will get called up and implied they would likely go to SmackDown. Either one of those guys makes the SD roster look way better.
I think it'll be Joe getting called up first. Hunter is about to make bank with Nakamura. I don't see him on the main roster until after Mania.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think it'll be Joe getting called up first. Hunter is about to make bank with Nakamura. I don't see him on the main roster until after Mania.

Nakamura has a main roster level contract, whereas someone like Finn didn't. There's no way they keep in NXT because they can't afford to pay him hundreds of thousands of dollars to headline 300 person bingo halls.

Angry Grimace

We found Liu Kang's alt account

That isn't something I theorized, it's a paraphrase from Dave Meltzer on WOR from earlier this year. He said that Nakamura's making a shitload of money and expects him to be on the main roster relatively quickly because they don't want to pay him to do much more than acclimate to the western style.

https://theringer.com/wwe-draft-raw-smackdown-wrestling-415fbbffb997#.hm4u7ggfv

The winners and losers of the WWE draft...

Winners:
Raw
Raw Women's
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Charlotte
Finn Balor
PEDs
Sami Zayn
Bray Wyatt
Cesaro

Losers:
SD Women's
Cruiserweight Division
NXT
Roman Reigns
Kevin Owens
Enzo and Cass
Cesaro

and a lot more at the link
My big problem with Raw and the women is while they have the better roster, it's probably going to be one they neglect largely. Paige definitely should have gone to Smackdown, because odds are Raw just focuses on Sasha vs Charlotte/Nia Jax for the next few months while everyone else is ignored.

Nakamura has a main roster level contract, whereas someone like Finn didn't. There's no way they keep in NXT because they can't afford to pay him hundreds of thousands of dollars to headline 300 person bingo halls.
Nah I still think they send Joe up first. He's been there too long. After Shinsuke, there's nothing for him imo.

Angry Grimace

Nah I still think they send Joe up first. He's been there too long. After Shinsuke, there's nothing for him imo.

I'm interested to see if they have Nakamura win the belt and then drop it to someone because there isn't really anyone else in NXT I can think of who really should be pinning Nakamura.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Joe's a much easier translation to TV than Nakamura. He'll definitely be the next call-up, and Smackdown seems likely where he can work AJ and old UPW alumni, John Cena.
Not if he runs for the GOP, friends.

cn2x6ysvmaaxijg.jpg

Can't let TNA monopolize the Neo-Nazi dollars, friends.

Well Rollins is back so

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My big problem with Raw and the women is while they have the better roster, it's probably going to be one they neglect largely. Paige definitely should have gone to Smackdown, because odds are Raw just focuses on Sasha vs Charlotte/Nia Jax for the next few months while everyone else is ignored.

I think the women would be better served having one show exclusively theirs, but at the same time there's too many to tell only two storylines at a time with. It's a hard place.

SD will get more focus, and probably more sensical storylines as they're not desperately including everyone.

Angry Grimace

If the Women's Champion has to defend the title on both shows it makes it a little easier because you can have Becky/Bayley/whoever on SD feud with someone else to break up the Becky vs. Natalya ad nauseum that it seems like we're headed for.

Same for the tag team champs (isn't that how they handled it with the unified tag team champs?)

I'm interested to see if they have Nakamura win the belt and then drop it to someone because there isn't really anyone else in NXT I can think of who really should be pinning Nakamura.
Funny enough that's how I imagine Asuka going to the main roster. She just gives up the belt for a tournament or something and heads for the main roster because she's beaten everyone and wants fresher talent to beat.

Wonder how they handle her. Or Nakamura. The problem with undefeated wrestlers is finding out how to defeat them without bullshit being called.

I think the women would be better served having one show exclusively theirs, but at the same time there's too many to tell only two storylines at a time with. It's a hard place.

SD will get more focus, and probably more sensical storylines as they're not desperately including everyone.
I know everyone would want the women in one roster but that would only mean near everyone but four women or so would get completely ignored. Hell we would be lucky to get more than one story-line only if that were the case.

I'm more optimistic for Smackdown. I don't think they'll continuously give us Becky vs Natalya. It might continue over to Smackdown depending on the finish. Personally I'd love for the first official Smackdown Live episode to plant the seeds for an Alexa and Becky feud given Becky is the top female babyface and Alexa is a hell of a heel who can play up being cocky by going from NXT to Smackdown. But odds are we get Alexa and Natalya vs Carmella and Becky or something.

Angry Grimace

Funny enough that's how I imagine Asuka going to the main roster. She just gives up the belt for a tournament or something and heads for the main roster because she's beaten everyone and wants fresher talent to beat.

Wonder how they handle her. Or Nakamura. The problem with undefeated wrestlers is finding out how to defeat them without bullshit being called.

I know everyone would want the women in one roster but that would only mean near everyone but four women or so would get completely ignored. Hell we would be lucky to get more than one story-line only if that were the case.

I'm more optimistic for Smackdown. I don't think they'll continuously give us Becky vs Natalya. It might continue over to Smackdown depending on the finish. Personally I'd love for the first official Smackdown Live episode to plant the seeds for an Alexa and Becky feud given Becky is the top female babyface and Alexa is a hell of a heel. But odds are we get Alexa and Natalya vs Carmella and Becky or something.

I mean, they have new guys scheduled to come in in the fall, so NXT isn't nearly as barren as it sort of appears.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LA Park vs Rush and Final Deletion are my favorite matches of the year and I don't see either being topped.

Final Deletion was just so damned different, and it succeeded on every level. Everything was an authentic surprise, nothing was telegraphed. There's value in that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What if she just wanted to do a #LuchaThing?

It warms my heart Kalisto has embraced it

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There was another thread for this discussion friends

Nah we can discuss Match of the Year contenders here

Pro-tip: If you think Nakamura vs Zayn was MOTY, I am dead serious, there is much better stuff out there this year from the both of them and it is worth tracking down

It was a fine match, but you can absolutely do much better. I promise this!

My favorite match of the year is either Evan Karagias vs. Madusa or Oklahoma vs. Vampyro w/ The Misfits.

Always felt Vamp and Misfits were a good combo. Also enjoyed Karagias vs Madusa, terrible as most of it was.

Zach

Nah we can discuss Match of the Year contenders here

Pro-tip: If you think Nakamura vs Zayn was MOTY, I am dead serious, there is much better stuff out there this year from the both of them and it is worth tracking down

It was a fine match, but you can absolutely do much better. I promise this!

Always felt Vamp and Misfits were a good combo. Also enjoyed Karagias vs Madusa, terrible as most of it was.

1.) Sure, Nakamura vs. Zayn is my MOTY. It was special.
But I was there because I'm super cool.

2.)

[gif courtesy of strobogo-owned-and-operated legitshook.com]

Top Bottom