• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Kaladin

M3001.jpg
Good sweet lord. That shirt is bad. I know it's for Finn Balor, you know it's for Finn Balor, but Joe Shmoe sitting next you at Starbucks is going to think it's some tribal Tapout knockoff.

Barrage

It's hard to say if the Total Divas thing would matter. On one hand you have Bryan and Brie's relationship I believe being acknowledged on the main roster because of the show's popularity but at the same time I believe we haven't heard one mention of Cena dating Nikki when they're featured regularly on Total Divas.

Sometimes they ignore the Total Divaverse, but rarely do they ever contradict it. Any Eva relationship would be directly contradicting it.

How long does this brand split last, do you think?

I'm not convinced it lasts past the 'Season Premiere' when the NFL season starts back up. I can see them running scared of ratings and pulling a little bit of cross-over, maybe not a full scale merger but something like a Champion vs Champion series.

klonere

Banned
I'm wearing my Bulletproof Balor Club tshirt right now in work and nobody has pegged that its a wrestling t-shirt.

one of my colleagues that it was one of the ten million new MMA gyms/clubs/centers here in Dublin or something to do with my hometown.

That demon shit screams WRESTLING TSHIRT. Or comic book tshirt. Not sure which is worse.

AColdDay

Too bad Vince is so caught up on making face Roman happen. Heel Roman would probably be some legitimately great stuff

I feel like this encapsulates exactly my problem with the company: the answer is right there in front of them and they won't pull the trigger. It's so much deeper than Roman, too.

If you look at the draft, you could have used that as an opportunity to instantly make stars.They did it with Finn, but can you imagine the reaction if Smackdown fired back with taking Nakamura or Samoa Joe? These things are lay-ups, but they ignore the easy points because it doesn't fit into their gameplan.

I'm wearing my Bulletproof Balor Club tshirt right now in work and nobody has pegged that its a wrestling t-shirt.

one of my colleagues that it was one of the ten million new MMA gyms/clubs/centers here in Dublin or something to do with my hometown.

That demon shit screams WRESTLING TSHIRT. Or comic book tshirt. Not sure which is worse.
Mark ass.

klonere

Banned
tumblr_oaiviz3THo1sbzhteo1_500.gif

tanahashi is insane

I dunno if Tana exaggerates the severity of his injuries or he is on some SERIOUS painkillers 24/7 and has a deathwish.

Dude just get a new finisher full stop. Still can't top Big Match Tana though.

I feel like this encapsulates exactly my problem with the company: the answer is right there in front of them and they won't pull the trigger. It's so much deeper than Roman, too.

If you look at the draft, you could have used that as an opportunity to instantly make stars.They did it with Finn, but can you imagine the reaction if Smackdown fired back with taking Nakamura or Samoa Joe? These things are lay-ups, but they ignore the easy points because it doesn't fit into their gameplan.

They didn't even do it that big with Finn - apart from his placement in the draft there was no reaction, interview or big video package on him apart from a brief appearance on the Network.

Whatever. I don't care anymore. If I keep telling myself that, it has to come true.

Anth0ny

1997 > 2000

I've only ever watched the Rumble and Mania 2000 compared to every PPV from both companies and numerous Nitros/Raws in 97

well god damn son no wonder you think that

you only watched two shows from that year, one being a part of the 11 PPVs from that year that were fucking incredible

the other being the absolute shits and one of the worst PPVs ever

watch every show from 2000 right now. NOW.

Anth0ny is correct, WWE 2000 is on point, sure Mania is a stumble but honestly despite the running joke around here I really don't see it as any worse than 15.

Anth0ny

Anth0ny is correct, WWE 2000 is on point, sure Mania is a stumble but honestly despite the running joke around here I really don't see it as any worse than 15.

all things equal, you're right.

but when you consider just how hot the product was in 2000, and how GREAT every other show was that year, mania 2000 was a massive disappointment. the biggest thing they did was get ice t to rap pimpin ain't pimpin ain't easy mayne

we would have to wait until the next year's mania for a show that truly delivered as the biggest and best show of the year.

Ithil

Times sure have changed.
Aries was seen as too small for Tough Enough in 2011 and rejected. Patrick Clark is a fairly tall guy and built, and went far in the recent Tough Enough in 2015.

So on NXT, Aries squashed him in 90 seconds.

Heroman

Banned
I dunno if Tana exaggerates the severity of his injuries or he is on some SERIOUS painkillers 24/7 and has a deathwish.

Dude just get a new finisher full stop. Still can't top Big Match Tana though.

tanahashi and kurt angle seem to be having a contest to see whole will deid in the ring first.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Times sure have changed.
Aries was seen as too small for Tough Enough in 2011 and rejected. Patrick Clark is a fairly tall guy and built, and went far in the recent Tough Enough in 2015.

So on NXT, Aries squashed him in 90 seconds.

Daniel Bryan did a lot for peoples' perception, this is probably the biggest thing he has contributed to modern day WWE

jmdajr

old?

On Monday Night RAW this week Charlotte officially surpassed Nikki Bella as the longest reigning Diva/Women’s Champion at 302 days.

It's worst. Shut up Kane.
Don't be knocking that legendary tag match of Kane and Rikishi vs Road Dogg and X-Pax

all things equal, you're right.

but when you consider just how hot the product was in 2000, and how GREAT every other show was that year, mania 2000 was a massive disappointment. the biggest thing they did was get ice t to rap pimpin ain't pimpin ain't easy mayne

we would have to wait until the next year's mania for a show that truly delivered as the biggest and best show of the year.

In a way WM2000 felt too soon for such a big show considering the active players, Taker and Austin were out, Radicalz had only just arrived and not fully established in WWE, Angle and Jericho were still on the rise. Thus WMX7 feels like the actual conclusion to the 2000 WWE product while WM2000 is just some event that happened to be WM.

All the women's title reigns go on too long. Sasha will win the belt at Summerslam and probably won't drop it until Wrestlemania.

Maybe if they introduce a second one on Smackdown we can see it rotate in decent 2-4 month-long reigns over there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Charlotte is so great you guys
the reason she's great is because she's great. what a great wrestler, champion, heel and mainstream icon. she's great at being great. what more do you need to know?

Barrage

My ranking as to the future of everyone in the CWC so far (assuming that some of them will go straight to RAW for the Cruiserweight Division)

Kenneth Johnson-Cut him
Akira Tozawa-NXT

Tajiri-NXT, nothing left to do in WWE
Damien Slater-NXT

Alejandro Saez-Cut him
Gran Metallik-Straight to RAW

Ariya Daivari- Performance Centre
Ho Ho Lun-Performance Centre

Kota Ibushi-Straight to RAW
Sean Maluta-Performance Centre

Cedric Alexander-NXT
Clement Petiot-NXT

T.J. Perkins-NXT
Da Mack-Cut him

Mustafa Ali-Performance Centre
Lince Dorado-Straight to RAW

Valkrai

WWE not even going to suspend Lesnar after two failed drug tests. They better get a shitton of bad publicity for allowing it.

That and they haven't renewed Heyman's contract so we might get more bad promos from him too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Nia Jax is a hell of an actress. That "genuine" callup expression she made? All that? She knew ahead of time. CRAZY. She's good. Fraudulent motherfucker.

WWE not even going to suspend Lesnar after two failed drug tests. They better get a shitton of bad publicity for allowing it.

That and they haven't renewed Heyman's contract so we might get more bad promos from him too.

Why? These were not WWE drug tests and it is not a competition.

Top Bottom