• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Cagey

Banned
Need a T with "My Hot Asian Wife" on it.
Would purchase several of these shirts. One for the gym, one for everyday wear, one for formal occasions, and one for posterity as a collector's item.

Make it happen WWE.

According to Gerweck report podcast...

Teddy Long confirms both Shelton Benjamin and MVP sign with WWE.
Benjamin always felt out of place at ROH shows I attended. Just far too talented to be there wrestling for scraps.

Striker

The WWE philosophy these days are that the belt can make the person be more over.

Whereas really how it usually works is that the person is the one that is supposed to make the belt mean something.
I mean they do the same for the midcard titles. You have guys like Kofi winning those belts 7 times but no one remembers any feuds or angles. Belt was always swapped around between him, Ziggler, Barrett, Miz, Morrison, etc. For the longest time it's been a prop, nothing more. Until they do something with the person holding it, it will remain that way, ala Cena and his "Open Challenge" run. Focusing on strengthening the prestige of the belt goes more than simply who's holding it and why.

Shelton
is a really good move. If they do anything with him is yet to be seen. They haven't really with Bully Ray so..

somedevil

Xavier wearing the Sasha Bank socks that Big E made:

Cn6xNl2XgAAqxJy.jpg

Kurita

Walked 45 minutes with two friends who were looking for Pokémons even though I was 2 minutes away from home
Fuck this game

lol

it was great, I had to check it out after hearing the buzz despite being way behind
I usually don't watch it at all but I'm glad I actually clicked a link to watch the match. Very very very many close calls, I loved how Puma
Did the 619 to the Phoenix splash.
I was certainly sure the match was over. Damn times have changed.

Cagey

Banned
Walked 45 minutes with two friends who were looking for Pokémons even though I was 2 minutes away from home
Fuck this game
I nabbed a boss 600+ CP Psyduck on the way back from grabbing some tea and two people who hopped on the elevator squealed and ran off because Psyduck popped up on their screens.

Get on my level, yo.

More awful shoots by pseudo jobbers. Some people just need to shut up imo. Pull up some bootstraps. Keep your head down. Pay your dues. All that good stuff.

https://twitter.com/DayDreamThis/status/756246267983003648?s=09

Literally exactly the same as what the Bellas and Paige have said in the past nearly word for word. Talk about company culture/structural issues.
Catch Becky jobbing to Eva Marie on the first episode of Smackdown Live.

But yeah, it seems pretty much everyone involved in the Diva's Revolution loathed the execution of it. And they aren't wrong. More or less glorified five minute tag-matches with little to no real reason behind it.

And I'm confident it will be again.
Me too. I put all of my life savings into wwe stock for SD.

I hope the old sd atmosphere is back. They're was always a clear difference between that and raw. Hopefully it'll feel more fulfilling as well. At times sd felt so short and having me want so much more. This is before the 3 hour raw.

oddjobs

so I've seen people dissing Naomichi Marufuji here and other places every now and then. what's the problem with him?

haven't seen too many matches but they have all been good at the very least. the match vs. Okada at G1 was great.

Kaladin

Friends, Roman fans and WrassleGaffers,

I have a bone to pick.

I think it's time we let the Full Sail crowd be. Will they chant things and almost certainly have some idiots who try to get themselves over? Yes. You know what? That's the nature of a small room crowd. Even a crowd up to 1k. Have you ever been to a local indie wrasslin event? There are hecklers that put those in Full Sail to shame. My point? It's a non issue. Can it be annoying? Sure.....but if it's getting in the way of you enjoying quality wrestling, maybe you should stick to Raw or Smackdown where the biggest distraction from the crowd is someone watching for the camera to cut to them and jumping up and waving to their friends every minute or so.

TL/DR : Ignore the Full Sail crowds, watch the wrasslin.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What are the chances of a Trump face turn mid-speech tonight.

"...and she should be shot, you know what I'm saying? She's a criminal. A total criminal. And she's gonna let the illegals in to steal American jobs, I'm telling you. You guys, you're gonna love my plan to combat illegal immigrants, you're gonna absolutely love it, okay? And the thing....the thing....is.........that....well.....*audible sniff*........all I'm saying is give peace a chance, okay guys? War is over, if you want it."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I would alternatively accept Trump walking on stage, tearing off his suit Cesaro Style to reveal a HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT shirt underneath.

I have a bone to pick.

I think it's time we let the Full Sail crowd be. Will they chant things and almost certainly have some idiots who try to get themselves over? Yes. You know what? That's the nature of a small room crowd. Even a crowd up to 1k. Have you ever been to a local indie wrasslin event? There are hecklers that put those in Full Sail to shame. My point? It's a non issue. Can it be annoying? Sure.....but if it's getting in the way of you enjoying quality wrestling, maybe you should stick to Raw or Smackdown where the biggest distraction from the crowd is someone watching for the camera to cut to them and jumping up and waving to their friends every minute or so.

The FS crowd chants a lot because the arena sounds empty if they don't do anything so they get uncomfortable and feel like they need to make noise to prove they care about what's happening.

Menome

I have a bone to pick.

I've been doing this for the past year of watching NXT, save for that time they started a "We are awesome" chant. That was the proverbial straw but thankfully it didn't last for more than a week.

Top Bottom