• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

so I've seen people dissing Naomichi Marufuji here and other places every now and then. what's the problem with him?

haven't seen too many matches but they have all been good at the very least. the match vs. Okada at G1 was great.

He's been incredibly inconsistent during his career and seems to have lacked motivation at times, whereas at others he's been a good contender for one of the best wrestlers in the world. Also, he suffered because NOAH repeatedly failed to create any new heavyweight stars, then his push to become a heavyweight wasn't entirely well received. Since KENTA/Itami left for the WWE and Marufuji got creative control, he's been a major focus in NOAH (between injuries) and that's been a good thing at times, but mostly a bad thing.

Whenever he shows up in NJPW he always puts in a good performance, though. Strangely, he's almost more appreciated by the NJPW fans than the NOAH fans these days.

Friends, Roman fans and WrassleGaffers,

I have a bone to pick.

I think it's time we let the Full Sail crowd be. Will they chant things and almost certainly have some idiots who try to get themselves over? Yes. You know what? That's the nature of a small room crowd. Even a crowd up to 1k. Have you ever been to a local indie wrasslin event? There are hecklers that put those in Full Sail to shame. My point? It's a non issue. Can it be annoying? Sure.....but if it's getting in the way of you enjoying quality wrestling, maybe you should stick to Raw or Smackdown where the biggest distraction from the crowd is someone watching for the camera to cut to them and jumping up and waving to their friends every minute or so.

TL/DR : Ignore the Full Sail crowds, watch the wrasslin.
I have no problem with them because usually I tune out anyway. I have a problem with silent crowds though. I need the interaction from the audience, that's part of the show imo.

Menome

Menome is Seth, Blue is Ambrose and Sweeney Tom is Roman.

Seth is the real talent, Ambrose talk too much non-sense and Roman is boring as fuck.

MENOME IS AWESOME.

MENOME IS AWESOME.

MENOME IS AWESOME.

EMOSEWA SI EMONEM.

Glad to see I'm starting to get some true recognition around these parts.

I've been thinking, and I believe Ambrose going to Smackdown is a good thing as he's being split up from the other two Shield members. He's not going to be in the shadow of a feud with "a former brother" or being Roman's little buddy in summer-long feuds with the Wyatts. It's a chance for him to really sink or swim on his own merits as one of the top four guys on a promotion.

Glad to see I'm starting to get some true recognition around these parts.

I've been thinking, and I believe Ambrose going to Smackdown is a good thing as he's being split up from the other two Shield members. He's not going to be in the shadow of a feud with "a former brother" or being Roman's little buddy in summer-long feuds with the Wyatts. It's a chance for him to really sink or swim on his own merits as one of the top four guys on a promotion.
I'll always succeed brother, don't worry about me. When we came in this business, we said we would take over and look where we are now. All for one and one for all.

the-shield-o.gif

I got a little sad imagining their hall of fame speech. It's going to be something similar to that and the fists together will be the tear jerker.

Menome

Whilst I know you're online Zach and watched it very recently: Does the Network version of Over The Edge '99 show Owen's accident or does it skip straight to afterwards?

Basically, I don't want to watch a man die.

Whilst I know you're online Zach and watched it very recently: Does the Network version of Over The Edge '99 show Owen's accident or does it skip straight to afterwards?

Basically, I don't want to watch a man die.
You wouldn't even know Owen died if you went to watch it without knowing the back story.

And obviously the accident wasn't in the live feed camera either.

Kaladin

You wouldn't even know Owen died if you went to watch it without knowing the back story.

And obviously the accident wasn't in the live feed camera either.

Yeah, I've never seen an actual clip of him falling.

Not that I'd ever want to, but every version I've ever come across of that PPV doesn't show it.

The WWE philosophy these days are that the belt can make the person be more over.

Whereas really how it usually works is that the person is the one that is supposed to make the belt mean something.
I get that. Is he trying to say that Ambrose is the reason the belt is under (cus he is not) or that Ambrose will have to get the belt over (which I think he can)?

Yeah, I've never seen an actual clip of him falling.

Not that I'd ever want to, but every version I've ever come across of that PPV doesn't show it.
You'll only see it if you worked in the vault. They have it and can't delete it for legal purposes. Same with Droz's neck injury.
Okay, good to know. Thanks, friends.
If you wanted to see the original with Jr reporting, you can find it easily. AlSo be sure to listen to The Lapsed Fan episode. It's rrally good.

Kaladin

Anyone else having issues watching the CWC this week on the network?

Only issue I had is when I went to continue it this afternoon after watching it last night from a "Begin from beginning" selection since it was currently airing. It was like I had never watched it before.

I was with a group of about 7, and 6 of them pull out their phone and play Pokemon GO. This is a group of people that have about 3 consoles between them. This shit is taking over. Legit shook.

So there's rumors that Paige and Del Rio might have broken up lmao, if true I called this shit the moment Del Rio got drafted to SD. Apparently Paige has removed all her pictures of Del Rio from Instagram.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want to get into the argument with people that BLTs aren't real sandwiches and they don't deserve to go on the menu with real sandwiches.

They're in the same boat as a grilled cheese.

Alzie wowzy is kind of surprised tonight. I mean wtf! Why do I want to see him without clothes! Fuck off dawn! Torrie come handle this shit.

Top Bottom