• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Zach

I used to play guitar and sing a little song a lot when I was a younger, fancier man. Still, sometimes, at the weirdest of times, I'll pick up a guitar and go to town. Here I am, watching Starrcade '99, ready for this whole affair to be over, and then outta nowhere(!) I'm like, "I should play 'Atlantic City'" for whatever reason. Like, let's knock that out and then I'll come back and finish Starrcade and maybe catch some of crazy Trump. And then it just goes and goes and goes. And look how weird this, uh, setlist (>_>) is:

"Atlantic City" by Bruce Springsteen (I don't know if I've ever played this song before. I don't love Springsteen...)
"Life on Mars" by David Bowie
"Trouble" by Cat Stevens
"This Drinkin' Will Kill Me" by Dwight Yoakam
"Redemption Song" by Joe Strummer (well, that's how I played it)
"Father and Son" by Cat Stevens (circled back for a double-dip of Cat)
"Hang Down Your Head" by Tom Waits
"Here Comes Your Man" by The Pixies
"Feeling This" by Blink-182 (uh-hum, on acoustic guitar...)
"Love Minus Zero/No Limit" by Bob Dylan
"Crying" by Roy Orbison
"FUCKMYLIFE666" by Against Me!
"Jesus, Etc." by Wilco
"The Gardener" by The Tallest Man on Earth
"Soldier of Love" by Pearl Jam (well, I play it Pearl Jam-y... I don't love Pearl Jam, though...)
"Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley (I mostly played chords... gettin' lazy now...)
"Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales" by Car Seat Headrest (gettin' real sloppy, daddeh)
"True Love Waits" by Radiohead

I'm the King of Rabbit Holes. If you like any of these songs, here's to you, wrassle pal. I'll play it at your funeral.

Cagey

Banned
I get that Matanza-adjace #2 kicked out after only 1 after Jason Jordan delivers some big clotheslines and suplexes but if you want them to be monsters he shouldn't be able to hit those moves in the first place.

Don't let people get their shit in. Just crush fools.

Also they need a new finisher. There's no oomph in the clothesline.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
So there's rumors that Paige and Del Rio might have broken up lmao, if true I called this shit the moment Del Rio got drafted to SD. Apparently Paige has removed all her pictures of Del Rio from Instagram.

i guess he no longer makes her ovaries burst

KissVibes

Banned
So there's rumors that Paige and Del Rio might have broken up lmao, if true I called this shit the moment Del Rio got drafted to SD. Apparently Paige has removed all her pictures of Del Rio from Instagram.

Del Rio asked to be on the show she wasn't. Bet on it.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
now that I read more I wouldnt be surprised if ADR needed to get away from Paige, she even tattooed Papi on her finger....wtf

Fantomex

I still can't believe the disparity in character work between Kevin Owens, Jericho and then every other heel on the roster. That segment on the network during the draft was great. Owens is snapping at Lita, Booker and everyone else.

Rusev is my favorite heel on Twitter though

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
14691341491091gsei.png

Torrie's a pro. She gets the business better than someone like, say, Sasha Banks.

She is also the most attractive person of all time in wrasslin.

Pikma

Banned
how many people in the roster do you think are unhappy about how that draft shit went? I can't imagine Cesaro and Sasha being the only ones.

how many people in the roster do you think are unhappy about how that draft shit went? I can't imagine Cesaro and Sasha being the only ones.

Why's Sasha mad? She's probably gonna be champ at SummerSlam.

Or maybe she just knows being as far away from Ric Flair's daughter is the smart move.

From what I recall, Del Rio and Cesaro seemed pretty pissed, Kalisto's was just about the Lucha Things (maybe he was surprised because he's a Cruiserweight on Smackdown), Becky was kind of confused since even she questioned the fact that she's on the brand where there isn't a belt, Sheamus just shit on his WWE WHC title run, and the Social Outcasts were just hilarious.

Or maybe she just knows being as far away from Ric Flair's daughter is the smart move.
She retweeted Cesaro's promo and said he spoke her language. But yeah, I don't think she's mad. She's gonna have the belt in a months time and hold it for a long time to come.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sasha is constantly protected and gets all sort of promotion and is complaining about a draft?

Is her gimmick a millennial?

Cesaro and Del Rio just seem confused, with Cesaro just being outspoken about it.

I think Kalisto and Becky need to look on the brightside. Kalisto would be stuck in the crusierweight division with no mobility. Becky is now the female face of Smackdown (unless Bayley gets put there, which I doubt).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Now I know who Michael Bennett reminds me of.

The even worse than Jarrett/HHH but treated like they're great tier. The Justin Credible tier.

Pikma

Banned
I can't believe being associated with Roman Reigns for two months affected the Grammy award winning Usos's popularity so much that they had to be kept away for a while.

Reigns is the WWE's version of this

fyspring.jpg

Tagyhag

She's been an SD fangirl and Eddie Guerrero was her favorite wrestler, she said she wanted to be his female equivalent.

I'm not surprised she's disappointed she didn't go to SD.

Pikma

Banned
I've come to great conclusion, a lot of these nobodies(Mojo, Dolph, Eva, Orton) will simply be there for Maim Event anyway. I'm fine now since I don't watch it 😀
"Last week in Smackdown Live we witnessed one of the most uneven matches in the history of sports entertainment, the current WWE Champion Baron Corbin defeated AJ styles in just 16 seconds"

Orton? Main event?

You're right! Orton will probably be on the sideline most of his SD tenure.

O97G1_s-200x150.gif

"Last week in Smackdown Live we witnessed one of the most uneven matches in the history of sports entertainment, the current WWE Champion Baron Corbin defeated AJ styles in just 16 seconds"

I don't think it'll be that bad but I could see Corbin growing more on sd than being on Raw. He needs to be fed to Cena.

I unfortunately expect Seth Rollins to win the title on Sunday, which will make Smackdown look like a joke, but that's OK because they're the underdogs anyway and they will survive.

Tagyhag

I unfortunately expect Seth Rollins to win the title on Sunday, which will make Smackdown look like a joke, but that's OK because they're the underdogs anyway and they will survive.

As soon as Dean won clean I knew that was the case.

RAW can never look weaker than SD, it makes sense from a business standpoint.

Creative's problem unfortunately is that instead of raising RAW to be 100% strength compared to Smackdown's 95%, It's more like 60%/30%.

I'm holding out for a double-pin outcome, causes two belts with one to Dean and one to Seth/Roman.
Apparently Dean is going to pull double duty until after SummerSlam but the man is already working like hell as it is. Double pin and give Seth a title. The rest is history especially since I don't know what they could do for Summerslam.

Top Bottom