• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Zach

So, on the Nitro where the nWo reformed, the main event saw Bret Hart regain the World Championship when Roddy Piper did a run-in and pinned Goldberg.

Yup.

Oh, and the night before this Nitro on Starrcade, Goldberg apparently gave Hart the concussion that would end his career.

And then on the Thunder that followed Starrcade and Nitro, Goldberg ruined the whole angle (he was to feud with the nWo) by severely injuring himself by cutting his arm punching through a limousine window.

What a week.

If I am to believe the late, great strobogo, this was the end of The Russo Era. He's still around from time to time, but he has other guys booking with him (not just Ed Ferrara).

I appreciate that Russo tried to give the undercard guys storylines, but he was still a pretty awful booker. It was oftentimes a whirlwind of questionable content that flew in the face of what makes wrestling good.

RBH

For those who haven't seen it............

New Raw and SmackDown logos:

Cn_sU75WYAAPFQd.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/756583113791242241/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Cn_sjw-VUAAD7SV.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/WWEDanielBryan/status/756583365843660800

Me and my cousins more or less traded around our toys. Like if any of us were going to the others house, we'd generally bring a bunch of our toys since we all had a bunch of different characters and one of my cousins had an actual ring-set. We had the basics, and we all had our favorites.

The most confusing though was my cousin having an Eric Bischoff toy. To this day I do not know who the fuck got it for them, and what their thought process was on seeing boring-ass yellow-jacket wearing Bischoff and buying it.

He ended up on the roof of my grandparents green-house and I'm pretty sure he's still there today.

Pikma

Banned
lmfao it begins

Gotch pulled from house shows
Cara, the winner of the fight, still there and winning
I know it makes me sound cruel because I'm talking about a human being but how the fuck does Sin Cara still have a job? I can't imagine him staying that much longer with more talented guys like Lince Dorado, Gran Metalik and Andrade coming in

Mahonay

Banned
I know it makes me sound cruel because I'm talking about a human being but how the fuck does Sin Cara still have a job? I can't imagine him staying that much longer with more talented guys like Lince Dorado, Gran Metalik and Andrade coming in
The current Sin Cara, Hunico, is a pretty good hand in the ring. Willing to take some rough bumps as well. You always need guys like that.

Just wish they would change his character. It feels really fucking stupid that they are keeping him as Sin Cara when it wasn't even his gimmick, and I doubt there are any people paying money to go see "Sin Cara" at a WWE show. Like, I don't think Hunico is going to get over with a new gimmick, but fuck I just hate seeing that shitty Sin Cara outfit and mask.
Can someone shop the ultimate warror into this
CoBcZUQWIAA_TH6.jpg
This makes me uneasy.

Caderfix

I'll miss Rollins and Dean cutting promos together... I hope Roman gets better at that and that the booking/writing don't make the character unbearable anymore (Big dawg... not a bad guy, not a good guy, the guy... son).

And I don't care if he turns heel or not, Roman shouldn't win the belt at BG. That would be awful, straight up.

notworksafe

I'll miss Rollins and Dean cutting promos together... I hope Roman gets better at that and that the booking/writing don't make the character unbearable anymore (Big dawg... not a bad guy, not a good guy, the guy... son).

And I don't care if he turns heel or not, Roman shouldn't win the belt at BG. That would be awful, straight up.

I expect Seth to win by pinning Roman. And then Shane say something on Smackdown about Dean not being pinned to lose his title and then creating a new Smackdown title as a result, possibly with a tournament for it that culminates at Summerslam. Then Seth and Roman can just do their thing for the Raw title at Summerslam.

The original plan for SummerSlam was Rollins/Reigns for the belt with AJ/Cena for the newly instated SD belt, so I expect a move in that direction. Ambrose and Smackdown are probably going to look stupid if that's the case.

Caderfix

I expect Seth to win by pinning Roman. And then Shane say something on Smackdown about Dean not being pinned to lose his title and then creating a new Smackdown title as a result, possibly with a tournament for it that culminates at Summerslam. Then Seth and Roman can just do their thing for the Raw title at Summerslam.

I want both Dean and Seth to win via double pin. I just want the two of them to be pushed, they've been doing a great job and deserve it.

Caderfix

I've watched WCPW and for the first time in my life I was annoyed at a crowd. Fuck that crowd.

WCPW got some pretty big names, by the way. Lethal, Sandow, Eric Bischoff and now Cody Rhodes too. That and a bunch of cool Brit wrestlers.

It's impressive.

Zach

I have released Bluekaveli and sf2fanatic from Zachdown Live.

YOU'RE FIIIRRREEEDDD!!

But seriously, leave the thread. We'll see you guys in August.

I have released Bluekaveli and sf2fanatic from Zachdown Live.

YOU'RE FIIIRRREEEDDD!!

But seriously, leave the thread. We'll see you guys in August.

D+ post(curve scale)
Z plz. I got my Mexicool homies backstage ready to ruin your cruiserweight division on Nitro.

Top Bottom