• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

jred2k

If the match was held off until Summer Slam or a Mania I would agree. As it stands now, it's just the main event of a B-tier PPV. The build has been kind of shit when you consider one of the participants hasn't even been on TV in a month and the main focus of all programming has been the draft/brand split.

I don't doubt it will be a great match, but I don't think it feels like a big deal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
shield triple threat is the new
cena_orton_staredown.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, Triple Threat matches are shit and I wish American promotions would stop booking them. How fucking badly was the idea Of Pentagon vs LA Park ruined because they had to insert Poochiegano into the fucking match?

Triple Threat matches have none of the heat and animosity of a singles match, none of the elegance of workmanship of a tag team match or the up and downs of a tag team matches, and none of the theatrics of a royal rumble or a war games.

They're fucking terrible.

Fox318

Also, Triple Threat matches are shit and I wish American promotions would stop booking them. How fucking badly was the idea Of Pentagon vs LA Park ruined because they had to insert Poochiegano into the fucking match?

Triple Threat matches have none of the heat and animosity of a singles match, none of the elegance of workmanship of a tag team match or the up and downs of a tag team matches, and none of the theatrics of a royal rumble or a war games.

Vince loves triple threat matches because the champ never has to get pinned and he can "protect" his guy.

For the few triple threat matches that work 99% of them are just a guy laying outside of the ring for spots or some sort of shit team up work

They can be fun.

Mania XX is a great match.

Mania XXX is not a great match but satisfies as if it were.

The Royal Rumble 2015 one was fun, but I haven't seen it in while.

jred2k

RR2015 was really good. That has the benefit of Brock being part of it, though. That jacked white boy beating up on two fools feels believable.

Vince loves triple threat matches because the champ never has to get pinned and he can "protect" his guy.

For the few triple threat matches that work 99% of them are just a guy laying outside of the ring for spots or some sort of shit team up work

Once upon a time, Vince really didn't care much for multiple man matches. Then......

Fox318

They can be fun.

Thats the problem.

There are so few of them that truly work.

most of them turn into spot fests that have zero psychology to them.

What's your take on fatal four ways?

meltzer_chat.jpg

The real Big Dave laughs at Jobkaveli's poor excuse of a shoot.

Scrawny ass little man. No one takes him serious because he's not even similar to those his business is about. I'll fuck his day up. Tell that hack to come see me.

Lol at Flair getting worked by Gallows, dude needs to fuck off and get a funny bone.

TL21xx

Banned
Well fellow WrassleGAFers, on this eve of Battleground, I invite you to join my brothers and I into a time vortex that will cast us back nearly 21 years ago, to another war themed Pay-Per-View, when PPVs were still an actual thing! Our latest YouTube podcast show is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FDG0y-OMd4

We're looking for a different hosting solution for the audio versions, seeing as they're going significantly longer than we expected and we should be hitting that free SoundCloud limit soon, and are feeling like cheapskates for the moment!

Cannot wait to watch Seth-sama take the belt home with you all fam!

tumblr_nm08k9kF6e1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

UberTag

They can be fun.

I remember Jericho vs. Angle vs. Benoit for two belts at Mania being pretty damned entertaining when I watched it but it's been ages. I honestly have no clue how it holds up today. Can anyone vouch for me not being completely out to lunch on this?

I remember Jericho vs. Angle vs. Benoit for two belts at Mania being pretty damned entertaining when I watched it but it's been ages. I honestly have no clue how it holds up today. Can anyone vouch for me not being completely out to lunch on this?

It's ok, not the best from those 3. I thought it was kinda of stupid to have the first fall be for the ic title.

Man those logos, especially Raw's, lol.

What yall think about wwe 2k16? Just picked it up for 24.99 and i think its really good

What the other guy said, the PC version is also $12.79 at GMG and comes with all the DLC. Still not buying it, maybe 2K17 will be the one that finally gets me back but I'm not holding my breath.

Top Bottom