• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

somedevil

So assuming HHH isn't a real option, who's even going to challenge Ambrose for the Galactic Championship?

If its not Triple H or Styles. Here is your options if they want heels:

1. Bray Wyatt
2. Del Rio
3. Baron Corbin

If they want to make a match to put a new talent in the Main Event then they can do Kalisto or Apollo Crews.

edit: The sad thing is a suicide dive was the beginning of the end for Bryan's career.

Kaladin

WWE Shop now has a replica Roman Reigns vest :

13770445_1126971457346737_2765898520432121412_n.jpg

Just when I was hoping it could go away.

Big-E and Sasha's have the worst dives because they always hurt themselves more then the opponent. Big-E might have all that muscle to cushion him, but Sasha is tiny so I cringe each time she does it.

I'd say Roman has a good dive because he doesn't use it in every single match so it doesn't bother me as it isn't done repeatedly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm actually looking forward to next week's Raw.

What is happening?

I expect people will get angry when they realize that you can't have a debuting wrestler go over Roman every week and you can't have a title change hands unexpectedly every week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People are expecting Smackdown to do something big to match Raw

Vince will make sure the B Show knows its place

This frame of mind makes no sense, Smackdown is also Vince's show and he wants to make money

why would vince sabotage his own show?

hint:
he wouldn't

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If its not Triple H or Styles. Here is your options if they want heels:

1. Bray Wyatt
2. Del Rio
3. Baron Corbin

If they want to make a match to put a new talent in the Main Event then they can do Kalisto or Apollo Crews.

edit: The sad thing is a suicide dive was the beginning of the end for Bryan's career.

The problem is that they have exactly 1 guy on the roster who is over enough to make a big main event match at SummerSlam a big attraction and it's Styles. You can wrangle Styles into the match if you can somehow find something for Cena to do for a month and then somehow get Cena involved again once the belt is in play because there's still something in the Cena-Styles well that they'd waste if they just dumped the angle.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go the "tournament" route to get Styles into that title feud though.

Kaladin

I expect people will get angry when they realize that you can't have a debuting wrestler go over Roman every week and you can't have a title change hands unexpectedly every week.

It's not even that.

They had more wrestling than they've had on the program in a while, and it was good wrestling. They actually made Strowman and Nia Jax look good in their new debuts. The post match interviews being back are a nice touch.

I actually like all the things they did.

Angry Grimace

Ambrose/Styles/Cena triple threat is the way to go.

I don't really like the idea of a second triple threat after he just did a triple threat for the title, but I guess its a way to get the title on Styles without Cena eating the pin and ending the feud.

somedevil

The problem is that they have exactly 1 guy on the roster who is over enough to make a big main event match at SummerSlam a big attraction and it's Styles. You can wrangle Styles into the match if you can somehow find something for Cena to do for a month and then somehow get Cena involved again once the belt is in play because there's still something in the Cena-Styles well that they'd waste if they just dumped the angle.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go the "tournament" route to get Styles into that title feud though.

They have these matches most likely for Summerslam:

Finn vs Seth
Styles vs Cena
Charlotte vs Sasha
New Day vs The Club
Orton vs Brock

With these they probably think Ambrose doesn't need someone big to face him.

klonere

Banned
I'd hotshot the AJ Cena feud tonight so it frees Cena up to bring someone else up with him and AJ can move to the title picture. I don't think anyone else on that Smackdown roster can throw into a random main event position with Ambrose or Styles. Cenas gotta elevate...again.

Kaladin

I think it might be time to do Wyatt vs Ambrose. Wyatt would take another L, but they can make him look strong on the new brand.

Angry Grimace

Finn vs Seth
Styles vs Cena
Charlotte vs Sasha
New Day vs The Club
Orton vs Brock

Ambrose is the Dimensional Champion, he has to have a "big match" of some kind and SummerSlam is one of the 5 hour shows that gets 2 lead-in prelim matches and 11 matches.

I actually do kind of like the idea of a triple threat with Dean and Styles and Cena the more I think about it. Cena vs. anyone but Styles seems dumb, but nobody else on the roster makes any sense in the title picture.

For some reason I expect Becky and Carmella to team up against Alexa and Natalya on the pre-show. I can just sense that match existing.

Ambrose is the Dimensional Champion, he has to have a "big match" of some kind and SummerSlam is one of the 5 hour shows that gets 2 lead-in prelim matches and 11 matches.

I actually do kind of like the idea of a triple threat with Dean and Styles and Cena the more I think about it. Cena vs. anyone but Styles seems dumb, but nobody else on the roster makes any sense in the title picture.

For some reason I expect Becky and Carmella to team up against Alexa and Natalya on the pre-show. I can just sense that match existing.
I almost think they gotta bring in someone for Ambrose. But who?

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I almost think they gotta bring in someone for Ambrose. But who?

They really should have sent Owens to Smackdown. I feel like the roster of people who belong in the main title picture is pretty small. Ambrose, Styles, Cena, and ?

Although Ambrose v Owens has happened almost as many times as Owens v Zayn

Toki767

Going by how Raw was last night.

In order for Styles to face Ambrose tonight, I think you should just do Cena vs Reigns at SummerSlam.

Put something on the line for Shane and Steph and you're good.

GunBR

Bray faced Taker last year at Mania and Rock/Cena this year (well, kinda), and when he returned after injury they put him to fight New Day

WWE still thinks that Bray is a big thing, so I'm pretty sure that he will face Dean at Summerslam

Angry Grimace

Going by how Raw was last night.

In order for Styles to face Ambrose tonight, I think you should just do Cena vs Reigns at SummerSlam.

Put something on the line for Shane and Steph and you're good.

At this point they should have Steph trade Roman to SmackDown for prospects + cash considerations.

Bray faced Taker last year at Mania and Rock/Cena this year (well, kinda), and when he returned after injury they put him to fight New Day

WWE still thinks that Bray is a big thing, so I'm pretty sure that he will face Dean at Summerslam

I'm okay with Bray being elevated to a legit main eventer. The fact that they cut his faction down to just himself + a heater does suggest that maybe that's the plan.

Anth0ny

It's not even that.

They had more wrestling than they've had on the program in a while, and it was good wrestling. They actually made Strowman and Nia Jax look good in their new debuts. The post match interviews being back are a nice touch.

I actually like all the things they did.

they always have randomly good raws like this once in a while

then it's back to shit for another 5 months

lets wait and see. if we get a couple of weeks of consistent, decent shows, that would be something to get excited about.

Angry Grimace

Shinsuke Nakamura is going to be on Jericho's Podcast on Friday.

Kaladin

they always have randomly good raws like this once in a while

then it's back to shit for another 5 months

lets wait and see. if we get a couple of weeks of consistent, decent shows, that would be something to get excited about.

I'm hopeful. This actually feels different.....new even.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Finn vs Seth
Styles vs Cena
Charlotte vs Sasha
New Day vs The Club
Orton vs Brock

Getting clean wins over Rollins and Reigns and then being in the 4th or 5th most important match at Summerslam feels like a big step back for Dean though. Wyatt needs to be rebuilt a little bit before a feud with him feels like a big deal again not to mention it was awful the first time around.

Angry Grimace

There's nothing Ambrose can do to help feeling like his match isn't important unless they put Cena and/or Styles in it. The more I think about it the more its the way to go, but you're pretty much conceding the SD brand has 3 guys and a bunch of midcard garbage that way.

Roman should turn heel and demolish Sami Zayn at SummerSlam to get his heat back.

Toki767

There's nothing Ambrose can do to help feeling like his match isn't important unless they put Cena and/or Styles in it. The more I think about it the more its the way to go, but you're pretty much conceding the SD brand has 3 guys and a bunch of midcard garbage that way.

Roman should turn heel and demolish Sami Zayn at SummerSlam to get his heat back.

But Smackdown really does have basically only 4 main eventers.

Ambrose, Styles, Cena, and Orton.

I wonder what is even going to be the last match of SummerSlam. It probably won't be Rollins vs Balor or Lesnar vs Orton.

Angry Grimace

It's going to be Lesnar v. Orton because its an interpromotional match that doesn't put one brand over the other.

Top Bottom