• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Sephzilla

I'm starting to feel like Nintendo fans are the TNAMecca of gaming. Constantly thinking everything is a good idea when everything in reality is going down the shitter. Except Nintendo already had their BROTHER NERO revival with the Wii and that's over.

Toki767

I'm starting to feel like Nintendo fans are the TNAMecca of gaming. Constantly thinking everything is a good idea when everything in reality is going down the shitter. Except Nintendo already had their BROTHER NERO revival with the Wii and that's over.

Two things worry me about the NX.

1. The Tegra chips have always disappointed.

2. The resolution of the portable screen is probably not even going to match the Vita's resolution let alone be at least 720p.

But Nintendo fans will be Nintendo fans. What could possibly go wrong right?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's more to female wrestlers than their tits and face.

Not so with Alexa Bliss, sadly. People go nuts over her "expressions"

I mean, that was my point to begin with - you're posting gifs of her and slobbering over them, but Dana isn't a good wrestler, she misses her cues constantly and she's pretty bad on the mic. And I don't really understand the "there's more to female wrestlers" and then explicitly exempting Alexa from that unless we're saying Alexa literally isn't a female wrestler. Is Alexa a great wrestler? No, but she plays her character well, and Dana doesn't, and if its considered reasonable to argue that Dana is good because you like the way she looks, I don't know that its unreasonable to opine that that her look isn't great.

I want them twenty-minute long opening Sasha promos then, dammit!

faSnEWs.gif
Me too bro, we need a celebration next week.

Recall

I like my WiiU a lot. It's not perfect but I think what they have offered on the console has mostly been top notch. Small but enjoyable game library.

Anth0ny

it's terrible.

yesterday:

"Nintendo would NEVER do a hybrid console. Iwata said so himself, they'd lose a bunch of money and it would never happen thank god you're not in charge of nintendo or they'd be dead"

today:

"OMG hybrid is amazing look at all the games we're gonna get nintendo continues to innovate instead of just copy the competition wooooooooooow"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Nintendo fans need to keep the nintendo talk out of wrasslegaf

DELETED

DELETED!!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, Alexa Bliss doesn't have any related hashtags? Dana Brooke is doing social media right, she has at least two directly associated with her character's brand.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think the blowback here is the fact that Dana is getting pushed pretty hard and Alexa wasn't even pushed particularly hard in NXT.

Angry Grimace

Look, let's not beat around the bush. There is fair play involved, to an extent, with regards to looks, in certain situations. No one is going to go after a Bayley for fake tits or whathave you. Why? Because sex appeal is not part of her gimmick. It is a HUGE part of Dana's though so I can see why someone would suggest that her look doesn't do it for them. Now the extent and the means they go about expressing that thought should be taken into consideration, sure. But to suggest her looks are off limits is ironically hilarious.

To be fair, all of the women on the roster are attractive. They might not all appeal to every single person, but all of them are obviously attractive people, which isn't surprising given its basically show business. I don't like that specific aspect of Dana's look, but I would never go so far as to suggest that I don't understand that lots of people find her attractive.

There isn't really a male analogue on the roster, I guess Roman Reigns gets pushed because of his look.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all really comparing Dana Brooke's start on the main roster as Charlotte's heavy...to Roman Reigns?

The hate runs deep with WrassleGAF. Get over it!

Toki767

Tried WWE 2K16 when it was free for a weekend.

It was not good to say the least.

They're in some weird middle ground between arcade and simulation because they're trying to mimic WWE style matches.

I also hate the way they handle kicking out of pins, getting out of submissions, and players having visible health bars now.

I don't think it's going down the shitter though. I think there is a large of fans who build up or down the success of the company and where it's at versus those who look to be more cautious.

I think the NX can be a good attempt at taking on another market over just trying to straight up compete with Xbox/PS. There doesn't need to be yet another console in that fight, especially if you factor in PC, so the idea of "JUST GET THIRD PARTY AND GREAT GRAPHICS" wont work. It keeps getting mentioned over and over, but at this point I think they could build the most powerful thing ever and it'd still be hard to persuade the market over from PS/Xbox. Taking on mobile wont be any easier, but if it's going to have a Tegra chip than perhaps they can get some of that developer market.

I'd much rather see this attempt than just another console with network features.

Angry Grimace

I think they missed out not having Goldust specifically say he was trying to catch a Golduck.

Angry Grimace

They're in some weird middle ground between arcade and simulation because they're trying to mimic WWE style matches.

I also hate the way they handle kicking out of pins, getting out of submissions, and players having visible health bars now.

I found it reasonably entertaining on the back of CAW mode (but all wrasslin' games have that) but I just hate the way the reversal system works.

orioto

Good Art™
Which one? Owens?
His path to the top is much slower, but given he's a short fat guy, he has already done far more in WWE than anyone would have expected even two years ago.

He'll get to the top, he's too good not to.

I'm starting to doubt that, cause he's just not booked as somoene who can defeat main eventers anymore. You won't see Owens beat Reings clean, you can be sure of that. He can't beat any top tier guy. Everyone thinks it doesn't count but it's starting to be a long losing sequence now. At some point bookers will think "Owens is not credible enough to beat a top star" if that's not already the case.

Pins are handled better then they were in previous games, but then the submission system turned from button-mashing to avoiding your opponent highlighting over you long enough to fill the circle.

I like 2k16, it's fun. Career Mode is boring and Renee Young haunts me, but the Showcase is pretty enjoyable as is just doing any random match.

Look, let's not beat around the bush. There is fair play involved, to an extent, with regards to looks, in certain situations. No one is going to go after a Bayley for fake tits or whathave you. Why? Because sex appeal is not part of her gimmick. It is a HUGE part of Dana's though so I can see why someone would suggest that her look doesn't do it for them. Now the extent and the means they go about expressing that thought should be taken into consideration, sure. But to suggest her looks are off limits is ironically hilarious.

People, including Da Meltz, are constantly harping on Bayley's sex appeal, her butt, and how she needs to be pushed now before she turns from cute girl-next-door to sad-cat-lady.

Clearly, wrestling fans are so used to women being involved in the programming solely to provide wank material for so long that it's going to take a lot of effort on both sides to change that mindset. The drastic increase in the level of talent since NXT's Four Horsewomen has already started that, including what's happened the last two nights, but I'd like to think everyone around here would eventually realize they don't need to make shitty comments or post the latest GiGi Instagram photo just because that's how they've been conditioned to deal with their sad sexless life.

Enjoy Sasha, enjoy Dana, enjoy Nia. But no one needs to hear what you think about their bodies and how someone's nosejob affects your tragi-boner.

Angry Grimace

Summer is on Raw. It's kind of annoying how eager everyone is to just run the NXT Women's feuds on repeat for the next year though. I'm not really interested in Bayley and Sasha being the Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins of the Women's division.

I really like Summer; for whatever reason I just find her likable. I want her to succeed but she isn't a great wrestler so I'm not really sure what there is for her to do other than do the job (which is what she does now, obviously).

People, including Da Meltz, are constantly harping on Bayley's sex appeal, her butt, and how she needs to be pushed now before she turns from cute girl-next-door to sad-cat-lady.

Clearly, wrestling fans are so used to women being involved in the programming solely to provide wank material for so long that it's going to take a lot of effort on both sides to change that mindset. The drastic increase in the level of talent since NXT's Four Horsewomen has already started that, including what's happened the last two nights, but I'd like to think everyone around here would eventually realize they don't need to make shitty comments or post the latest GiGi Instagram photo just because that's how they've been conditioned to deal with their sad sexless life.

Enjoy Sasha, enjoy Dana, enjoy Nia. But no one needs to hear what you think about their bodies and how someone's nosejob affects your tragi-boner.

The only person who says that is Meltzer himself and most people make fun of Meltzer for his weird opinion on Bayley's future looks.

Your position basically boils down to "looks are completely off-limits," which isn't really a reasonable position and your conclusion about everyone's sad sexless lives or whatever is practically nonsensical.

Toki767

I really like Summer; for whatever reason I just find her likable. I want her to succeed but she isn't a great wrestler so I'm not really sure what there is for her to do other than do the job (which is what she does now, obviously).

It's funny that Summer is in the position she's in.

In NXT storylines, she's basically responsible for Sasha and Charlotte being who they are.

But they never mention it.

Summer gets terrible story-lines like with Fandango or Rusev and yet is always the best part about them. She really should have been brought to Smackdown, given most of the women on Raw other than Charlotte, Nia and Sasha will be doing jackshit in the time being.

Top Bottom