• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

CoULSqfXEAAViuO.jpg:large

one of the worst bodies I have ever seen

give him and corbin the #romanvest

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Y'all are on whatever Roman pissed hot for if you think Balor's entrance at SummerSlam isn't gonna be hot fire. Sure, it won't be cool the 80th time they do it on the main roster, but SummerSlam and WM are big shows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone on WrassleGAF tried out Blues and Bullets? Episodic game, similar to Telltale and Life is Strange. Surprisingly enjoyable. The low budget shows, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Data West loved it, if I remember

But that'd go opposite of what this thread says, which is data hates everything

Damned Big Data hatin' everything!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wait, I thought Sasha and Bayley were feuding over the Italian Eyebrow Ref.

klonere

Banned

EXCELLENT.

Slowly working him to that Sheamus cousin gimmick, I tells ya. Then Becky can join and Finlay as the manager, and all three can get belts while the angle proceeds to be severely historically inaccurate. It's the IRA, Maggle!

Yes Michael its the Irish Righteous Alliance! They just like to have fun.

Fale entering to the Bullet Club theme and not his own?

Shameful.

Nah for his singles matches he comes into his solo theme, which is badass.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think people came to the consensus that it was trash because Brock was training for UFC and didn't wanna do too much.

Unpopular opinion time but outside of the triple threat with Rollins and Cena, all of the suplex city matches have been trash. It was amusing the first time against Cena but that's about it.

Mahonay

Banned
Unpopular opinion time but outside of the triple threat with Rollins and Cena, all of the suplex city matches have been trash. It was amusing the first time against Cena but that's about it.
That triple threat with Bork/Cena/Rollins at Royal Rumble was pretty god damn fantastic.

I agree. The best match he had since was the one with Taker at HiaC because it was anything but.

Toki767

I'm glad to see people are no longer pretending like Reigns and Lesnar was some great 5 star match of the year candidate.

I saw it live and it was pretty boring until Rollins came out.

Kaladin

I can see Orton making Suplex City interesting when he surprises Brock by being a tough match and maybe actually winning. Maybe.

Angry Grimace

My opinion on Lesnar is pretty well known, but its really the invincible Suplex City gimmick that I hate. I like Lesnar as a wrestler, I just think he's booked silly.

Mahonay

Banned
My opinion on Lesnar is pretty well known, but its really the invincible Suplex City gimmick that I hate. I like Lesnar as a wrestler, I just think he's booked silly.
It got absolutely run into the ground. I hope someone at WWE realizes it. I'm surprised Heyman pushed it for as long as he did.

Anth0ny

It worked against Cena and Reigns

the story being told is great. you had "the guy" as chosen by the company in cena, and later reigns. these company guys would get shit on by the crowd week after week because they delivered weak promos and just decent matches, certainly not good enough to justify what they've been given.

AND THEN THIS FUCKING BEAST JUST SQUASHES THEM LIKE BUGS

it was super satisfying to watch those two times just because of the build and the opponents. but yeah, against guys like taker or dean, the whole suplex city thing is just a whole lot less satisfying to watch. there's not much of a story there.

Angry Grimace

If you asked me whether I'd prefer to see Reigns-Lesnar II or Lesnar-Orton I I can tell you I'd pick Reigns-Lesnar every time.

Sephzilla

The problem with Invincible Lesnar is that there was no payoff to it, nobody to knock away the invincibility he got after beating Undertaker.

Reigns/Lesnar at WM31 was entertaining because it was a Lesnar squash match for about 85% of the match with the added bonus of WWE revisionist history trying to convince everyone Roman actually had a chance

Mahonay

Banned
The people acting like Reigns has great matches with everyone he's in the ring with like it's because of him.

Whenever he has a great match he does his part, but everyone else always does so much more.
Reigns does his part a hell of a lot more than he used to. Looking at Reigns in matches now, he's improved massively IMO compared to when they first pushed him.

I can honestly say Reigns is a great ring worker now. Technically amazing? No. But he doesn't need to be.

Toki767

If you asked me whether I'd prefer to see Reigns-Lesnar II or Lesnar-Orton I I can tell you I'd pick Reigns-Lesnar every time.

I just want to see the F5 into RKO from #OuttaNowhere counter.

Reigns does his part a hell of a lot more than he used to. Looking at Reigns in matches now, he's improved massively IMO compared to when they first pushed him.

I can honestly say Reigns is a great ring worker now. Technically amazing? No. But he doesn't need to be.

I'm not saying he hasn't improved and I'm not even saying he isn't good.

I'm just saying every time he has a great match, the person he's in the ring with is still doing way more than him.

Pikma

Banned
yup

Go watch it.

Both when Cesaro walks past reigns and when reigns name is called they state off at each other.

Plus Cesaro was protected from the pin in that match.

Cesaro vs Reigns would be a good summerslam match
Do you really want Cesaro to eat that pin?
I don't

Angry Grimace

The problem with Invincible Lesnar is that there was no payoff to it, nobody to knock away the invincibility he got after beating Undertaker.

That's been my problem all along. Whenever they put him in a ring with the current full timers he mostly buries them. That's not Lesnar the performer's fault or even the match agent; its booking.

It worked against Cena and Reigns

the story being told is great. you had "the guy" as chosen by the company in cena, and later reigns. these company guys would get shit on by the crowd week after week because they delivered weak promos and just decent matches, certainly not good enough to justify what they've been given.

AND THEN THIS FUCKING BEAST JUST SQUASHES THEM LIKE BUGS

it was super satisfying to watch those two times just because of the build and the opponents. but yeah, against guys like taker or dean, the whole suplex city thing is just a whole lot less satisfying to watch. there's not much of a story there.

Cena/Lesnar II was a great story, and legitimately shocking. Lesnar/Reigns was dumb because you had Reigns run through everyone in the Rumble and Bryan to be booked to beat Lesnar but he takes a bunch of suplexes. It's OK though because he was laughing or something. Then Lesnar never actually beats him because Rollins sweeps in for the win. Lesnar looks stupid. Reigns looks stupid. Dumb story.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm not saying he hasn't improved and I'm not even saying he isn't good.

I'm just saying every time he has a great match, the person he's in the ring with is still doing way more than him.
I don't know man. That's a weird argument to make because in general that's how wrestling has always worked.

Kaladin

So the local indie is running an all steel cage match event next month with these matches signed:

Teddy King vs Superstar Ray Waddell in a Thumbtacks and staple gun match.

Insane Tommy Dame vs Logan Steel in a Tables,Ladders,And Mousetraps match.

Preston Paradise vs Hayden Price in a Heavyweight Title Match

Alexander Knight vs Christian Walker

Johnny Maverick vs Mystery Opponent

Tables, Ladders and Mousetraps in a Steel Cage?

Angry Grimace

Finn can do a double stomp to the back of the head, but Seth can't use his stomp?

The reason they stopped the Curb Stomp was concern that kids would emulate it. Kids can't really emulate that.

Toki767

I don't know man. That's a weird argument to make because in general that's how wrestling has always worked.

That's how it's worked when someone needs to be led and to a greater extent, carried to a great match.

Reigns no longer needs to be carried, but he still needs someone else leading and calling the shots.

You watch Zayn and Owens on Sunday and I wouldn't say either one did more than the other. Or that one was even leading the other.

That should be the goal for Reigns if he wants to be the top guy. Not just being able to do his part.

Mahonay

Banned
That's how it's worked when someone needs to be led and to a greater extent, carried to a great match.

Reigns no longer needs to be carried, but he still needs someone else leading and calling the shots.

You watch Zayn and Owens on Sunday and I wouldn't say either one did more than the other. Or that one was even leading the other.

That should be the goal for Reigns if he wants to be the top guy. Not just being able to do his part.
Sure, he needs to get there and I think he will as long as they don't try some bullshit with him again.

Toki767

Sure, he needs to get there and I think he will as long as they don't try some bullshit with him again.

But they will. They just can't help themselves. The moment he starts getting more cheers than boos, you know Vince will take that as a sign that it's time to strap the rocket to him again.

Top Bottom