• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

RBH

I'm watching Raw through Hulu Plus for the first time right now.

These ad breaks are incredibly annoying.

Skatterd

tumblr_nay7zhTKoT1tkslcoo1_400.gif

Hell yeah.

Did you see Serena Williams earlier today? Man she can buy me diner anytime
I have to not watch any of her stuff ha ha!

Serena might be the greatest athlete of all time but Maria Shar is my favourite. As you can guess, I never speak about Tennis in the barber shop.

I have to not watch any of her stuff ha ha!

Serena might be the greatest athlete of all time but Maria Shar is my favourite. As you can guess, I never speak about Tennis in the barber shop.
But I bet you get a Serena reference in there especially who she's been hanging out with. And her appearance is sexy

Zach

#Broken Matt Hardy and Brother Nero vs. Edge and Christian in a seminal classic can only do so much to elevate an event that includes The Godfather vs. Mideon, the 70-something-year-old Fabulous Moolah winning the Women's Championship, The Rock vs. The British Bulldog Wearing Jeans, and Val Venis beating Mankind in, like, the lamest finish ever.

Kaladin

#Broken Matt Hardy and Brother Nero vs. Edge and Christian in a seminal classic can only do so much to elevate an event that includes The Godfather vs. Mideon, the 70-something-year-old Fabulous Moolah winning the Women's Championship, The Rock vs. The British Bulldog Wearing Jeans, and Val Venis beating Mankind in, like, the lamest finish ever.

I just watched King Of The Ring '97 which you gave a D+. I thought it was closer to a C+ or B with some stellar matches like HBK vs Stone Cold.

My question is this though....why is Canadian Stampede so highly rated from everyone when on paper the card appears so lackluster?

Zach

I just watched King Of The Ring '97 which you gave a D+. I thought it was closer to a C+ or B with some stellar matches like HBK vs Stone Cold.

My question is this though....why is Canadian Stampede so highly rated from everyone when on paper the card appears so lackluster?

I'm apparently a notoriously hard grader -- which I can understand since I've never given an A, hence the curve -- but I didn't set out to be a tough critic. I'm just honest in my assessments. There's just always something really bad that keeps even the best events from the hitting that greatest of pay windows, daddeh.

Anyway, I remember people hating me for giving Canadian Stampede a low grade -- what did I give it, a B or B-? -- but I think people love it for the atmosphere, which was really great. But I think I've seen a few Nitro crowds that were just as hot.

Kaladin

I'm apparently a notoriously hard grader -- which I can understand since I've never given an A, hence the curve -- but I didn't set out to be a tough critic. I'm just honest in my assessments. There's just always something really bad that keeps even the best events from the hitting that greatest of pay windows, daddeh.

Anyway, I remember people hating me for giving Canadian Stampede a low grade -- what did I give it, a B or B-? -- but I think people love it for the atmosphere, which was really great. But I think I've seen a few Nitro crowds that were just as hot.

Ah, so it's one of those "atmosphere makes the show better" cards. I'll give it a go, but will likely hit the FF button through most of it.

Zach

Ah, so it's one of those "atmosphere makes the show better" cards. I'll give it a go, but will likely hit the FF button through most of it.

I think that's what elevates it to greatness for a lot of people. I doubt I'd give it a high mark solely because of the atmosphere. It's Austin pre-neck injury, right? If so, the dude is extremely entertaining in the ring still, so that probably helps. And that feud is hot fire. I dunno, it was just a fun thing. But it's all about that main event -- even though I believe I enjoyed some of the undercard. If you're not into the headliner, I don't think it's going to click.

Kaladin

I think that's what elevates it to greatness for a lot of people. I doubt I'd give it a high mark solely because of the atmosphere. It's Austin pre-neck injury, right? If so, the dude is extremely entertaining in the ring still, so that probably helps. And that feud is hot fire. I dunno, it was just a fun thing. But it's all about that main event -- even though I believe I enjoyed some of the undercard. If you're not into the headliner, I don't think it's going to click.

Oh I like the headliner, it's just the shoehorning of Goldust and LOD into the mix. Shamrock kind of makes sense, but the other two seem to be just there. Maybe they fill it in a bit in the coming weeks on Raw.

It feels more like a place for a triple threat match with Bret vs HBK vs Stone Cold instead of a ten man tag.....but I get that they probably stacked it to protect Bret for later in the year.

As for the undercard, I am looking forward to The Great Sasuke vs Taka Michinoku. As for the rest, I could take or leave it.

Top Bottom