• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

miserable

Vince v Brock, book it

gammasquadbrockvince2.gif

I could see something where Sami challenges Brock to prove himself. KO then comes out and says that he doesn't deserve a match with Lesnar leading to a triple threat.

Then during the match KO and Sami eventually realize they have to team up to survive. Beat Lesnar down together, but then KO turns on Sami allowing Lesnar to F5 them both and win.

Helps get both KO and Sami over a little more because they could at least match Brock together as a team. And it helps further their feud.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kai has won the W-1 title 3 times in just over a years time

you can tell he's a great wrestler because he's won the main title multiple times.

That Backlund strength;

Q7ihoT5.gif

Also, just look at this card. Look at it;

Esn34YJ.gif

Yeah, it's going to be good. Probably should've done Moose vs Ishii, though, but perhaps Bodom can surprise me - he did well with Hero last show, but that's no surprise considering the year Hero's having.

You know damn well Shibata's not gonna be up there. How many years is it Shibata's year? How many?!

Lots, I won't argue that. But I still believe, plus I'm not some fucking ridiculous pessimist who has the next few years all planned out in their head and is almost willing it to happen, just so they can say "aha! I was fucking right, fuck you Gedo!!" when all's said and done. They're making Destruction 3 events this year for Shibata's benefit, he's headlining every G1 show for his block and I guaran-damm-tee we won't be having this same conversation a year from now. If we are, fucking BAN me for good.

Next year will be the year of Shibata. There's a reason why they've kept him so far away from Okada, and now that he's signed to a contract, they can finally pay it off.

And we're talking about year of Shibata as the year that he will be Okada's primary foil. They're building the company on Okada; the challenge is in building up interesting antagonists for him.

2017: year of Shibata, Naito turns on Sanada
2018: year of Sanada

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lots, I won't argue that. But I still believe, plus I'm not some fucking ridiculous pessimist who has the next few years all planned out in their head and is almost willing it to happen, just so they can say "aha! I was fucking right, fuck you Gedo!!" when all's said and done. They're making Destruction 3 events this year for Shibata's benefit, he's headlining every G1 show for his block and I guaran-damm-tee we won't be having this same conversation a year from now. If we are, fucking BAN me for good.

I won't be able to ban you for good as I will also be gone, but - this is the most promising sign that NJPW will do it. It's just a shame they had to lose a handful of pretty fucking good guys to make it happen.

klonere

Banned
S5ctMcF.png:small

checks out

Agreed on all this.

Kaladin

Despite some decent wrasslin, that was a shit Raw. They really phone it in when they already know ratings will be shit.

13606583_1808821029348618_7936356726318886967_n.jpg

KO is gold though.

jmdajr

Best part of show was Food Fight. Don't care if it was silly. That was the Highlight really.

edit: I hope the cleaning crew got a bonus.

010_PRETAPE_07042016ca_0237--4d7ee611484bee579bfe6e578cf1376b.jpg

Are they just hedging their bets against Okada getting a sweethart deal from WWE?

I guess it all depends on whether Okada signed that huge 5 year contract they offered him in April - the fact that he's since won the title would suggest he has signed, as NJPW would have to be extremely stupid to put the belt on an unsigned wrestler after the Brock debacle.

Lothar

Banned
I made as far as Charlotte's awful promo and Enzo listing presidents, then I had to tap out. How can anyone stomach that for 3 hours?

Luschient

I have my wedding anniversary this weekend and we have plans to go out Saturday night, etc. Just realized that by doing this, I'm going to miss Lesnar's fucking UFC return!

Kurita

It really was. And I think it may have been the first time I was amused by the Vaudevillians.

The mistake is playing their gimmick too straight/seriously.
I've been saying since the beginning that they need to get involved in comedy segments.
I don't know man, like in backstage they come across someone doing something really "modern" and they show them how we did it back in the days. It's dumb and simple but it'd work. We don't even get what the values of they bygone era are supposed to be right now.

Meltzer: "Vaudevillains are actually even lower, quicker than I expected. And I did not expect good stuff, I didn't expect them to do well on the main roster. And they are actually lower than I thought they would be."

Alvarez: "They have to be split up and repackaged"

Meltzer: "Oh god, that's gonna be brutal for both of them.

Alvarez: More brutal than losing to the GoldenTruth in a minute with no entrance? I find that hard to believe"

Meltzer: "You are right, it will be the same."
rip

Top Bottom