• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Muffin

Neo Member
Fffff, sounds like a pretty wonderful nxt, will have to hurry up and finish work to get home and watch this before I help crash steam servers in a couple more hours.

Sokantish

Okay not cool, part 4 is blocked in my country but the rest aren't. Looks like there's lots of them on here now though so it's okay. I really like Bray Wyatt's theme too. The only thing I don't like about him is the "Time in on my side" thing. It just feels like its ripping Fallen too much.

Sokantish

NXT spoilers
Tyson Kidd losing in the last two episodes makes sense now

whoops sorry if anyone read that without seeing NXT first

Couple of matches signed for the DGUSA iPPV on July 29th;

. In the second I Quit match in DGUSA history, Johnny Gargano will face his former team-mate Chuck Taylor
. Also signed, The Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Dos) vs The D.U.F. (Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez)

The Gargano/Taylor match is booked as non-title, which, if Gargano is indeed leaving, telegraphs the result of his title defence the previous evening against Akira Tozawa even more than before.

Also, DGUSA have made available an awesome free match to download - check it out;

AR Fox vs Rich Swann - (DGUSA 03/30/12)

Sid

I'm hoping wwe brings back the attitude era-raw on the 1000th episode featuring a lot of one-time return matches,the current wwe shows apart from nxt have been insanely boring to watch apart from matches or promos involving punk,sandow,kidd and bryan

Bootaaay, you getting the New Heights iPPV? Looks like a good card, even outside the hour long iron man.

I'm already getting 3 iPPVs this month, what with DGUSA & SHINE, but I might buy the CZW one too, probably going to decide on the night. Other than the main, which I really have little interest in seeing Sami & Drake go for an hour at what will be probably 3-4AM my time, the card looks OK - AR Fox vs MASADA could be great, but it's MASADA, so it could also be pretty underwhelming if he decides not to give a shit, for whatever reason. The tag title match could prove to be a lot of fun, and Ruckus vs Colon, while the opener will probably be insane, for one reason or another. Would prefer if the tag grudge match was just Crist vs Crist though, without Deej and Greg Excellent shitting things up.

Kaladin

BLK OUT (Ruckus & Jeez) have been signed for Ring of Honor's tag team tournament. Guess things didn't work out in TNA for Jeez.

djsandman said:
BLK OUT (Ruckus & Jeez) have been signed for Ring of Honor's tag team tournament. Guess things didn't work out in TNA for Jeez.

Wow, good addition to ROH though - so far that's The Bricoes, The Young Bucks & BLK OUT confirmed for the tag title tournament.

Sokantish said:
That match was awesome. Thanks a lot krae_man you stole what I was going to say

Lol. Seriously, that was a fun match, and I don't even know how to begin to call some of the moves they busted out...

Running SSP cannonball into the corner? Imploding springboard 360 to the outside? Arabian press Spanish Fly? Crazy shit.

Also, I loved Rich Swann's reverse hand-spring ace crusher!

Kaladin

Lol. Seriously, that was a fun match, and I don't even know how to begin to call some of the moves they busted out...

Running SSP cannonball into the corner? Imploding springboard 360 to the outside? Arabian press Spanish Fly? Crazy shit.

Also, I loved Rich Swann's reverse hand-spring ace crusher!

It's Wrestlemania weekend, every wrestler on these indie cards wants to steal the show.

Ithil

I hope they go ahead with that idea of an NXT Title. So far the new NXT seems to be 100% seperate from the main shows, instead of a C-Show like the other NXT turned into. It's more like a larger scale FCW, so if its seperate from RAW and SD "continuity", they might as well have a champion to provide a focal point.

Perhaps it can end up that you start in developmental at FCW (especially for rookies who need a lot of training), come up to NXT after a while there to test a character in front of a decent size crowd on TV and see if you're ready for a big stage, and if it works out, you eventually come up to RAW or SD.

Well, it seems like an efficient use of the brands and shows they have at the moment to me. Obviously jobbers from FCW appear on NXT too, but they don't really count as "stars" of the show.

Sid

I hope they go ahead with that idea of an NXT Title. So far the new NXT seems to be 100% seperate from the main shows, instead of a C-Show like the other NXT turned into. It's more like a larger scale FCW, so if its seperate from RAW and SD "continuity", they might as well have a champion to provide a focal point.

Perhaps it can end up that you start in developmental at FCW (especially for rookies who need a lot of training), come up to NXT after a while there to test a character in front of a decent size crowd on TV and see if you're ready for a big stage, and if it works out, you eventually come up to RAW or SD.

Well, it seems like an efficient use of the brands and shows they have at the moment to me. Obviously jobbers from FCW appear on NXT too, but they don't really count as "stars" of the show.
how would you fit 'wwe superstars' into your theory?

Ithil

how would you fit 'wwe superstars' into your theory?

Like Tyson Kidd, etc? I would assume lower card guys like him would make up the initial top spots of NXT, since the list of promising FCW guys isn't quite enough to make an entire roster. That's what they seem to be doing with guys already on the WWE roster anyway.

Sid

Like Tyson Kidd, etc? I would assume lower card guys like him would make up the initial top spots of NXT, since the list of promising FCW guys isn't quite enough to make an entire roster. That's what they seem to be doing with guys already on the WWE roster anyway.

no i meant the show 'wwe superstars',is it really needed? it serves no purpose....

Ithil

no i meant the show 'wwe superstars',is it really needed? it serves no purpose....

That? I have no idea. I guess it serves the purpose of a modern Heat/Velocity with low card WWE roster matches, but almost no one sees it so I don't get why it exists (apart from maybe warming up the crowd before RAW or something).

Muffin

Neo Member
Oh jesus Justin Gabriel's hair.

Double oh jesus, those things on his arms.

I so honestly want Heath Slater to beat him on NXT.

heath_slater1028.jpg

jmdajr

Yeah, but it was only treated that way because Aaron Spelling's shitty daughter was on 90210.

True connoisseurs know that MP was the far more refined show.

So we are still in Early Melrose Place era? Who will play Heather Locklear?
When do we get to explosions and stuff.

who place who?
89957_the-original-cast-of-melrose-place.jpg

Camacho, otherwise known as Son of Meng..... who himself had some pretty notorious urban legends about him.

Regal must haven known about him biting off people's noses etc and just gave it to his son's backstory lol.

UberTag

Yeah, but it was only treated that way because Aaron Spelling's shitty daughter was on 90210.

True connoisseurs know that MP was the far more refined show.
Dr. Michael Mancini was one of the greatest heels of his time. We need a conniving weasel like him in the wrestling world.

Top Bottom