• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

WHAT?!?!

They have fans?!?!

Sorry, Adam Blade, lol.

You know SoulPlaya? they say that since last week you've changed and most of Wrasslegaf would say for the better, but quite frankly the playa I need to lead this thread isn't one that talks about your other sports, not the one that carefully skirts around Kane mentions.
Dammit, you know what I need? you know who I need? I NEED THE OLD SOUL PLAYA! The Soul Playa who's a Kane praising, foul art posting S.O.B!

Actually I don't need any of this, I just wanted to remind us all of this promo. It's amazing how much they changed Austin for this heel role, he gradually lost that heel mean streak after the Taker feud and then became some mildly comedic ass kisser, i'm not sure how I feel about that, amusing as it was.

Kaladin

Here is something great people should listen too. Its review a wai review of the whole Katie Vick Angle with two writers who were there when the storyline happened.

The interview is very interesting. It talks about how Kane, Booker T and Rob Van Damn were scheduled to win the title, but it was changed because guess who. Raw back in 2002-2003 was the Triple H show.

Also, discussed how the idea was to have Katie Vick's brother as the first member of evolution and how Vince wanted to use screw her brains out in the infamous funeral home scene.

Also, tells how Vince wanted to and got hymen used in a promo and one of the writers gives a hint that Rob Van Damn was sandbagged in 2002.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/32027:review-a-wai-katie-vick-raw-w-seth-mates-chris-gough/

Just read about this, Vince can be a sick bastard....but we already knew that.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ action figure confirmed!

Axn_5u_CAAAuzU5.jpg

*Joy*

Go to an indie show.

Yeah, there's other things to hate about indie crowds though - like idiot fans shouting out obnoxious bullshit to try and get themselves over. And some of those chants! "Wrestling! YAY!!!" and "This is Wrestling" being two of my most hated, yet regularly heard.

Japanese crowds are a double edged sword - they react at the right moments, join in when they're supposed to, and, given a good build and wrestlers they care about, can really get hyped for the action. But conversely, if you don't give them a reason to care, they won't.

Kaladin

Yeah, there's other things to hate about indie crowds though - like idiot fans shouting out obnoxious bullshit to try and get themselves over. And some of those chants! "Wrestling! YAY!!!" and "This is Wrestling" being two of my most hated, yet regularly heard.

I'll take any of that over having to worry about signs, idiots wanting to be on camera and people standing to watch a wrestling match blocking my view.

krae_man

So much for not punishing her for fear of losing the right to hire wrestlers as independant contractors. "wait a year nobody will notice"

UberTag

Kharma had a good run.
A month's worth of squashes followed by breaking down in tears in the middle of the ring and then a cup of coffee in the Royal Rumble.

Anth0ny

Here is something great people should listen too. Its review a wai review of the whole Katie Vick Angle with two writers who were there when the storyline happened.

The interview is very interesting. It talks about how Kane, Booker T and Rob Van Damn were scheduled to win the title, but it was changed because guess who. Raw back in 2002-2003 was the Triple H show.

Also, discussed how the idea was to have Katie Vick's brother as the first member of evolution and how Vince wanted to use screw her brains out in the infamous funeral home scene.

Also, tells how Vince wanted to and got hymen used in a promo and one of the writers gives a hint that Rob Van Damn was sandbagged in 2002.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/32027:review-a-wai-katie-vick-raw-w-seth-mates-chris-gough/

holy christ

I never saw the full segment as I'm from Toronto.

MY GOD

vince you sick fuck

Everyone in this thread should give that podcast a listen. I mean, we're all Kane fans, right?

Good episode of The Art of Wrestling this week, as Colt's guest is WWE Diva Natalya, talking about her time in Japan, what she went through in trying to get noticed by WWE, and memories of growing up in the Hart mansion;

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

cjelly said:
See guys, WWE really ARE serious about womens wrestling again!

At least this means the loss of Sara Del Rey won't be felt quite as badly in SHIMMER, but still, if she didn't ask for her release, this is so fucking dumb. The storylines involving Kharma write themselves, but I wouldn't put it past the chimps of WWE creative to fail at that too.

somedevil

holy christ

I never saw the full segment as I'm from Toronto.

MY GOD

vince you sick fuck

Everyone in this thread should give that podcast a listen. I mean, we're all Kane fans, right?

Vince also gave this awesome moment as well in 2002:

Before his match, Christopher Nowinski told Coach that first he would put Trish Stratus and Bubba Ray through tables, then break through something else: Molly Holly's hymen!

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe Kharma quit herself, after losing her baby maybe she is rethinking her life or wants to quit wrestling alltogether. Who knows why she lost the kid, might be her physique or training that lowered the chances of survival.

Not saying that's the case, but I find it hard to believe WWE FE'd her.

RBH

--A story at http://www.pehub.com talks about WWE helping fund Tout. They interviewed Stephanie McMahon-Levesque saying this is the first deal WWE has done in helping fund startup companies but probably not the last, saying the company is interested in investing in startups. Stephanie said when Raw moves to three hours, they are looking at filling up the third hour with fans creating "touts" that will be put on the show. She also wants fans to send "touts" to arena events as well as the web site. She said she wants them to be relevant to the storylines and make sense.

--There is a presale for WWE's return to Philadelphia at the Wells Fargo Center for Smackdown on 9/18 using the code YESYESYES

--The former Heart Throbs in WWE, going by their OVW name of the Heartbreakers (Antonio Thomas & Romeo Roselli) will be doing their complete gimmick for the first time since OVW on the 7/28 CHIKARA show at the Strive Center in South Portland, ME.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...-aries-title-reign-and-modern-legend-turns-35

Kaladin

Why is a wrestling company investing in start-ups? That makes no sense to me. You're a wrestling company, your goal is to create and promote matches that people will want to see with stars the people will want to see......that is it.

"Stephanie said when Raw moves to three hours, they are looking at filling up the third hour with fans creating "touts" that will be put on the show. She also wants fans to send "touts" to arena events as well as the web site. She said she wants them to be relevant to the storylines and make sense."

Die devil woman, die!!!

So this tout shit is like twitter, in that you have a limited space to get your message across, but it's with fucking videos? Yeah, that's what I want to see; not more wrestling, but the WWE Universes™ opinions on the other two hours of RAW! AWESOME!

Kaladin

"Stephanie said when Raw moves to three hours, they are looking at filling up the third hour with fans creating "touts" that will be put on the show. She also wants fans to send "touts" to arena events as well as the web site. She said she wants them to be relevant to the storylines and make sense."

Die devil woman, die!!!

So this tout shit is like twitter, in that you have a limited space to get your message across, but it's with fucking videos? Yeah, that's what I want to see; not more wrestling, but the WWE Universes™ opinions on the other two hours of RAW! AWESOME!

Excuse me while I bang my head against my desk.

Ithil

Another thing, you might get a lot of fans responding to that Tout crap filling the extra hour, but you sure as hell aren't going to get any ratings from it, TV audiences aren't going to keep watching some stupid kid's 30 second video, they'll change the channel.

Top Bottom