• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

So I fell asleep before the Bryan/Punk match (not through boredom, was entertaining) and only saw bits of it before resigning myself to sleep.

I see that the MitB match got given the headline spot - bit of a silly decision because part of the fun is waiting to see if anyone will cash in or a last minute twist. At the end of the day it's a #1 contender's match really, shouldn't be above the actual championship.

And I do wonder what WWE would do if Cena got injured or needed some time out.

Still working my way through 1985 Mid-South, Kerry Von Erich has just returned to the territory and is insanely over, he has a nice little match with 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landell, who is really underrated and sells so well. Elsewhere, the team of 'Iceman' Jim Parsons and 'Hacksaw' Butch Reed are involved in a wild feud with Kamala, while there's an awesome feud for the TV title; the champ, Terry Taylor, another huge fan favourite, defends against Jake Roberts who loses a close match after Taylor hits a flying forearm. Jake, however, isn't satisfied, and post-match busts Taylor open with a sick DDT on to a chair. It's interesting to see the split in the crowd, as the women and kids behind Taylor, and the men and teens behind the anti-hero Jake. The following week, the North American champ DiBiase challenges Taylor to an AWESOME title vs title match, featuring some excellent mat wrestling, before Jake gets involved trying to aid DiBiase, but inadvertently costs him the match and his North American title - also, Shawn Michaels is still jobbing, this time to the 1985 version Ryback 'The Barbarian' Jim Nord;

ib1zrafG2oWJbS.gif

*edit, oh, right, RAW's on. I totally forgot.

Top Bottom