• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

I assume Generico was in character the whole time. How was that?

Player Uno told a hilarious story about his parents. Genericos english has gotten alot better. Generico talked about his orphanage, how his street fighting in Mexico prepared him for wrestling and much more. You guys will love it.

It's show time.

2012-07-29184513.jpg

I'm not the biggest MASADA fan, but I can't help but feel putting him up against Pinkie Sanchez and 'The Man Scout' Jake Manning for his debut is somewhat of a waste.

Kaladin

I'm not the biggest MASADA fan, but I can't help but feel putting him up against Pinkie Sanchez and 'The Man Scout' Jake Manning for his debut is somewhat of a waste.

Should have given him the Brodie Lee introduction.....instead of doing a match with those guys, he just destroys them.

Also, I really fucking hate The Scene.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's all part of the master plan, Rock's going to give Punk the rub, having obtained the mythical rub from a legend like the Rock and also passing on the ability to defeat Cena clean Punk will then progress onward to knock Cena off the top of the WWE universe and he can finally bring around that change he was talking about a year ago.
wrong

Punk beats Rock, Cena beats Punk

But if Rock beat Cena and Cena beat Punk but Punk beat Rock than who is the best among them?

Triple threat. At the new Best Among Us PPV.

wrong

But if Rock beat Cena and Cena beat Punk but Punk beat Rock than who is the best among them?

Interesting idea, you've managed to spin it into a great way to elevate Cena even higher!

I've never seen a self-assisted suplex into... well, anything really. Does Zero Gravity usually do stuff like this? Because they're pretty damn impressive.

Kaladin

Lol, this venue is using different kind of barricades and it looks kinda fucked up on the side across from the hard camera.

Edit: by different kinds I mean it's not the same kind of barricade pieces all around the ring....looks like they ran out at one point and found something else.

Lol, this venue is using different kind of barricades and it looks kinda fucked up on the side across from the hard camera.

Edit: by different kinds I mean it's not the same kind of barricade pieces all around the ring....looks like they ran out at one point and found something else.

Ah, handyman-level construction. Reminds me of a concert I went to where the stage was partitioned off by a line made of 1/3 railings, 1/3 construction barricade and 1/3 police tape.

Coast to Coast Headbutt/Acecrusher combo? That was kind of awesome, not sure if it was to be a headbutt though.

Yeah, the impact was a little awkward. Still an impressive move. I thought the O-Face was a smooth way to close out the match, too. Way smoother than the last time I saw it at Open The Ultimate Gate this year.

Enfinit

wrong

Special Guest Referee to be Stone Cold, of which Cena knocks out three minutes in and replaced by Johnny Ace.

I've never seen a self-assisted suplex into... well, anything really. Does Zero Gravity usually do stuff like this? Because they're pretty damn impressive.

Yeah, they're pretty good, I've mostly seen them on AAW. a nice little Chicago based promotion with a bunch of guys well worth checking out; http://www.aawrestling.com

Speaking of, Shane Hollister is a pretty underrated guy, he just needs that breakout match. Hopefully he does well in DGUSA.

Kaladin

Samuray Del Sol walking on his hands before turning it into a headscissors.

This guy is so awesome.....even if he can't be taller than 5 feet.

Look at it this way, Punk is the champ yet who says "the champ is here" in the opener? Cena.

As we've deduced Cena is on a higher plane in the WWE hierarchy, he is essentially the god of the WWE universe, at this point I propose the idea that Cena has become one of those JRPG final bosses who have like 5 forms, a god complex and cannot be taken down without an elite team of high level main eventers working together after having level grinded on the midcarders.

Kaladin

I love how pwinsider does this stuff:

Total Amount of Wrestling on Shows:

WWE Smackdown: 37 Minutes in 6 Matches (last week 24 Minutes)
TNA Impact: 31 Minutes in 5 Matches (last week: 36 Minutes)
WWE Raw: 22 Minutes in 5 Matches (last week: 21 Minutes)
WWE NXT: 19 Minutes in 5 Matches (last week: 24 Minutes)
WWE Superstars: 18 Minutes in 3 Matches (last week 25 Minutes)
Ring of Honor: 16 Minutes in 3 Matches (last week: 20 Minutes)
Total Wrestling for the Week: 143 Minutes in 27 Matches (Last Week: 150 Minutes in 29 Matches)

Hourly Averages:

WWE NXT: 19 Minutes (down from 24 Minutes)
WWE Smackdown: 18.5 Minutes (up from 12 Minutes)
WWE Superstars: 18 Minutes (down from 25 Minutes)
Ring of Honor: 16 Minutes (down from 20 Minutes)
TNA Impact: 15.5 Minutes (down from 18 Minutes)
WWE Raw: 7.33 Minutes (down from 10.5 Minutes)

Per Match Averages (this week):

TNA Impact: 6.2 Minutes (up from 6 Minutes)
WWE Smackdown: 6.17 Minutes (up from 4.8 Minutes)
WWE Superstars: 6 Minutes (down from 6.25 Minutes)
Ring of Honor: 5.33 Minutes (down from 6.67 Minutes)
WWE Raw: 4.4 Minutes (up from 3.5 Minutes)
WWE NXT: 3.8 Minutes (down from 4.8 Minutes)

Longest Matches:

Roderick Strong versus Adam Cole: 12 Minutes (Ring of Honor July 28)
John Cena versus CM Punk: 11 Minutes (WWE Raw July 23)
Miz versus Christian: 11 Minutes (WWE Smackdown July 27)

Shortest Matches:

Rhino versus Rocco Abruzzi: 1 Minute (Ring of Honor July 28)
Damien Sandow versus Yoshi Tatsu: 1 Minute (WWE Smackdown July 27)
Brodus Clay versus Jack Swagger: 1 Minute (WWE Raw July 23)

Toki767

I love how pwinsider does this stuff:
That can't be right. Raw had 22 minutes total with Cena/Punk and Christian/Miz at 11 minutes each? Was the six man under a minute?

Edit: Oh the Christian/Miz match was the Smackdowne one. Never mind. I don't remember much watching Smackdown at 4 in the morning.

Kaladin

That can't be right. Raw had 22 minutes total with Cena/Punk and Christian/Miz at 11 minutes each? Was the six man under a minute?

Match breakdowns:

WWE Raw

Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, and Sheamus versus Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler, and Alberto Del Rio: 4 Minutes
Brodus Clay versus Jack Swagger: 1 Minute
Miz versus Christian: 4 Minutes
Heath Slater versus Lita: 2 Minutes
John Cena versus CM Punk: 11 Minutes

WWE NXT

Michael McGillicutty and Johnny Curtis versus Bo Dallas and Derrick Bateman: 4 Minutes
Antonio Cesaro versus Alex Riley: 5 Minutes
Sofia Cortez versus Natalya: 3 Minutes
Conor O’Brian and Kenneth Cameron versus Dante Dash and Garrett Dylan: 2 Minutes
Drew McIntyre versus Seth Rollins: 5 Minutes

WWE Superstars

Sin Cara versus Drew McIntyre: 7 Minutes
Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins versus Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel: 5 Minutes
Michael McGillicutty versus Zack Ryder: 6 Minutes

TNA Impact

Gail Kim and Madison Rayne versus Tara and Mickie James: 4 Minutes
Douglas Williams versus Sam Shaw: 3 Minutes
A.J. Styles versus James Storm: 10 Minutes
Kenny King versus Zema Ion: 6 Minutes
Kurt Angle versus Bully Ray: 8 Minutes

WWE Smackdown

Miz versus Christian: 11 Minutes
Ryback versus Jinder Mahal: 3 Minutes
Sheamus versus Cody Rhodes: 10 Minutes
Santino Marella versus Antonio Cesaro: 2 Minutes
Damien Sandow versus Yoshi Tatsu: 1 Minute
Daniel Bryan versus Kane versus Alberto Del Rio versus Rey Mysterio: 10 Minutes

Ring of Honor

Rhino versus Rocco Abruzzi: 1 Minute
Tommaso Ciampa versus Mike Sydal: 3 Minutes
Roderick Strong versus Adam Cole: 12 Minutes

That Miz/Christian match was from Smackdown, and that one was longer.

Gargano sees Taylor and goes for a superkick, but stops to avoid the ring attendant.
Taylor switches sides, and goes for it anyway because fuck it, it's gonna hit someone right? And that gleeful smile afterwards was pretty hilarious. Hope the ring girl didn't get hurt too badly, though.

Edit: Op, Taylor's setting up the guardrail on the apron. This should be painful.

Top Bottom