• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

DMczaf

DM is Brian Pillman.

pillman.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Tonight, live on iPPV!!!

UvZOu.jpg

Dragon Gate USA
Enter The Dragon 2012: Third Anniversary Celebration
Sunday, July 29th
Chicago, IL
Belltime: 7pm CST/8pm EST

Main Event #1 - Open The United Gate Decision Match
CIMA & AR Fox vs. Ricochet & Rich Swann

CIMA & Ricochet never lost the tag titles, but they are now in different stables. They were each told to choose a new partner for this decision match. This is the first time this mentor/protege combination have been on opposite sides. This starts a new era of tag team wrestling in DGUSA/EVOLVE with these two exciting, fresh duos.

Main Event #2 - Dream Match
El Generico vs. Akira Tozawa with Christina Von Eerie

The term "Dream Match" is thrown around loosely these days. It applies here when it comes to arguably the two most outstanding wrestlers in the world. This incident only serves to heat it up.

Main Event #3 - I Quit Match
Johnny Gargano vs. Chuck Taylor

There is a long history between these two. Simply, they hate each other. Now the feud will come to an end and there will be no rules. It goes on till one says I Quit. Expect this to get violent. Here's a video look at their history leading to last month's title match, which was so wild that tonight's rematch was signed.

Special Attraction Match
YAMATO vs. Jon Davis

YAMATO is the only man to hold both the top titles in Dragon Gate and Dragon Gate USA. He wants his top spot back. Jon Davis has said he will win or go home. Can Davis follow up on the momentum of Style Battle to defeat someone of the stature of YAMATO?

Special Attraction Tag Team Match
Super Smash Brothers vs. Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez

You want tag team wrestling? This card has it! The Super Smash Brothers are having a breakout year. Cannon & Sanchez are part of one of DGUSA's top stables in D.U.F. This could be the show stealer!

Special Challenge Tag Team Match
The Scene vs. Zero Gravity

The Scene of Caleb Konley & Scott Reed with Larry Dallas look to climb the card while high-flyers Zero Gravity try to earn a spot. These are two duos to keep an eye on

Special Challenge Match
Samuray Del Sol vs. Shane Hollister

Samuray Del Sol is one of the most unique, exciting competitors around. Shane Hollister is on the verge of breaking out. This is important to both athlete's careers.

Special Challenge Match
Masada vs. Jake Manning

Can the "Man Scout" stop the destruction of Masada?

Only $9.99 at http://www.wwnlive.com

Looks great! Weeeee!

What do you mean? Isn't the point of a heel turn to...you know...turn heel?

Yes it is. I said "This angle", not this "heel turn" though. I genuinely don't see why attacking an asshole who is acting like an asshole would make him a heel. Out of curiosity, when exactly do you think Punk "turned face" last year?

Punk will attempt a pipebomb 2.0 talking about how even though he's champion nothing changes and it will be awful.

Err yes... Punk burying himself with a promo would be awful, 5* Insight

Kyoufu

Yes it is. I said "This angle", not this "heel turn" though. I genuinely don't see why attacking an asshole who is acting like an asshole would make him a heel. Out of curiosity, when exactly do you think Punk "turned face" last year?

Wait so you're saying this isn't a heel turn?

Sigh. This again.

Err yes... Punk burying himself with a promo would be awful, 5* Insight

Here's the timeline:

Punk v. Cena > Punk v. Nash > Punk v. HHH > Punk wears HHH's jacket > Punk v. Del Rio

Can you spot the face turn?

Wait so you're saying this isn't a heel turn?

Sigh. This again.

Hrmmm... That depends on what "this" is referring to. If you're saying "Is Punk attacking Rock a heel turn?" then my answer would be no. Punk was railing on the Rock for over a year now regardless of the hat he was wearing.

Here's the timeline:

Punk v. Cena > Punk v. Nash Punk v. Del Rio > Punk v. HHH > Punk v. Cena v. Del Rio > Punk wears HHH's jacket > Punk v. Del Rio

FTFY, unless your point doesn't work when you stop ignoring reality.

Kyoufu

It's not about Rock at all. It's the fact that he didn't even try to help Cena when Big Show was destroying him. They showed him purposefully turn his back. The commentary purposefully said Punk was just looking on, then when he stops a heel from being attacked by a face, the commentary specifically said:

"Punk has turned his back on the WWE Universe"

I mean what else do you need? Did he have to call everyone in the crowd a loser?

I really dont want punk to be a WWE cookie cutter heel.

I want him to return to the MITB build up Punk. The asshole who is angry that Cena and Rock are stealing all the spotlight when he see's himself as the best in the world(tm). A character with a understandable reason to be the way he is is much better then just your normal heel character who is a heel because they are very large and scary looking or from another country or just cocky.

WWE creative doesn't do shades of grey and only knows 2 kind of characters cocky asshole good guys and cowardly asshole bad guys so I guess we can look foward to cowardly, cheating Punk :(

Just got to Challengers Comics for the live Art Of Wrestling taping. Looks like the guests are going to be El Generico, and the Super Smash Brothers! Should be an entertaining afternoon. Have fun talking about Heavy guys.

Here's the timeline:

Punk v. Cena > Punk v. Nash Punk v. Del Rio >> Punk v. HHH > Punk v. Cena v. Del Rio > Punk wears HHH's jacket > Punk v. Del Rio

FTFY, unless your point doesn't work when you stop ignoring reality.
I may have oversimplified things and my memory is a bit foggy but yes, I believe Punk not walking out on HHH/wearing his jacket along with Sheamus and Cena was the point where he turned face.

By Punk v. Nash, I meant their promo feud after Nash 'stuck' him. I wouldn't include Punk v. Del Rio where you did; yes he cashed his mitb on Punk at SS but Punk said he didn't blame Del Rio and that he's done the same thing in the past (Cena on the other hand...). The triple threat match was Punk's rematch clause, right? Yeah he showed some signs of being a babyface when he cut his awful promos on Del Rio, but he wasn't exactly 'respecting the hell outta' Cena at the time either.

Just got to Challengers Comics for the live Art Of Wrestling taping. Looks like the guests are going to be El Generico, and the Super Smash Brothers! Should be an entertaining afternoon. Have fun talking about Heavy guys.
LOL.

Kyoufu

I want him to return to the MITB build up Punk. They asshole who is angry that Cena and Rock are stealing all the spotlight when he see's himself as the best in the world(tm)

WWE creative doesn't do shades of grey and only knows 2 kind of characters cocky asshole good guys and cowardly asshole bad guys so I guess we can look foward to cowardly, cheating Punk :(

They've created a brand with "Best in the World" which makes them money. I don't think it'd be wise to kill off his image of being the best by turning him into a coward.

We'll see tomorrow though. Punk hasn't tweeted since last week. Last time he disappeared from twitter was when he dropped the pipebomb last year.

It's not about Rock at all. It's the fact that he didn't even try to help Cena when Big Show was destroying him. They showed him purposefully turn his back. The commentary purposefully said Punk was just looking on, then when he stops a heel from being attacked by a face, the commentary specifically said:

"Punk has turned his back on the WWE Universe"

I mean what else do you need? Did he have to call everyone in the crowd a loser?

Again, not saving Cena falls within his character. Commentary is a system in which two idiots do their best to say things which will end up in video packages. They often misrepresent storylines because there's a disconnect between creative and production and Vince's multiple personalities.

I want him to return to the MITB build up Punk. They asshole who is angry that Cena and Rock are stealing all the spotlight when he see's himself as the best in the world(tm). A character with a understandable reason to be the way he is is much better then just your normal heel character who is a heel because they are very large and scary looking or from another country or just cocky.

This was sort of the point I wanted to make. The cause of Punk's complacency isn't a strict symptom of "face-syndrome", it's that they keep cutting the legs out of any kind of motivation for the character.
I think it's unfortunate that we can only believe that he's allowed to be motivated by anything other than fart jokes as a face.

I may have oversimplified things and my memory is a bit foggy but yes, I believe Punk not walking out on HHH/wearing his jacket along with Sheamus and Cena was the point where he turned face.

By Punk v. Nash, I meant their promo feud after Nash 'stuck' him. I wouldn't include Punk v. Del Rio where you did; yes he cashed his mitb on Punk at SS but Punk said he didn't blame Del Rio and that he's done the same thing in the past (Cena on the other hand...). The triple threat match was Punk's rematch clause, right? Yeah he showed some signs of being a babyface when he cut his awful promos on Del Rio, but he wasn't exactly 'respecting the hell outta' Cena at the time either.

You're confusing "face" with "when I stopped liking his character". But if I were to interject a bit, if CM Punk wasn't a face at Summerslam then why on Earth would they choose to have Del Rio cash in on him rather than Cena?

G-Fex

Pants are you from anime gaf?

Would you rat on us for a smutty tumblr featurinng wrestling fans most intermost fantasies?

You're confusing "face" with "when I stopped liking his character". But if I were to interject a bit, if CM Punk wasn't a face at Summerslam then why on Earth would they choose to have Del Rio cash in on him rather than Cena?

I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out, lol.

So after Punk left with the title, came back to claim that his title was the real one and not babyface Cena's and insulted the new babyface boss, HHH... you believe he was face that whole time? That the main event of SS was face vs. face w/ special guest face referee?

Top Bottom