• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Kaladin

302464_10150993777116443_606914571_n.jpg

Kyoufu

Sheamus winning was expected. He's the World champion after all. He's not supposed to lose matches like this.

If you want the World Champion to lose Raw matches, just wait till Ziggler cashes in. He'll be booked horribly as champion just like almost everyone not named Cena or Orton is.

Punk? He's had the belt since November, possibly all the way til January.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Agreed. Sheamus made Bryan look really good. The burial would have been if Sheamus had pinned Bryan on top of the steps instead of taking him down like he did. Very good match although I agree that the ending was a bit of a letdown.
The issue here is that Bryan has been made to look strong in matches for months now, but still losing. Eventually, he's going to have to win something meaningful.

Ithil

They'd be sore in the morning, no matter what. I honestly can't remember anything that was done in this match that wouldn't have been typical 7 years ago or so. Still a good match, though.

Eh. The rarity of the big bumps makes them a lot better, really, they come about only a couple of times a year instead of every PPV. Same deal with the more hard hitting regular bumps like these (like the ones on the ramp/stairs, etc). They might be tame compared to ten years ago, but because they don't happen too often they seem more impressive.

krae_man

Punk? He's had the belt since November, possibly all the way til January.

Length of title rein and being booked strong are different things. Remember Rey Mysterio's first World Title rein when he successfully defended on every PPV yet got destroyed by monsters in non title matches on Smackdown? That's the kind of think I expect with Ziggler.

Alucard

Banned
The issue here is that Bryan has been made to look strong in matches for months now, but still losing. Eventually, he's going to have to win something meaningful.

They'll give it to him eventually. Right now, he's basically a semi-sympathetic joke heel who puts on really good matches. The crowd eats it up, and that's what matters. He's getting tons of face time, mic time, and match time. He'll get his due, even if it's a couple of years down the road.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
R-Turth in a suit. Why, out of all the things in WWE, is this what I have the hardest time accepting?

Top Bottom