• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Striker

Add Kofi to that list.

I hate his style. It's just a personal thing that not everyone will agree with but...

Dolph >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kofi

in literally every single way.
I would take many over Kofi. But when crap like Miz and Santino have gotten significant air time and/or title opportunities over the past several years while guys like Kofi are stuck exchanging wins back and forth, and getting combo'd in with random guys for tag teams, it's pretty disappointing.

Cody, Dolph (why can't he be called "The Natural" Nick Nemeth like he was in FCW?) and Barrett can easily be in that next stage given the proper booking.

Heck, a year ago Sheamus was messing around with Jinder Mahal and putting over Mark Henry so he can develop his monster status. Now he's a World Champion and getting wins every night.

Aiii

So not worth it
To be fair to WWE, they've tried building the new tag-team division around Kofi twice over the past year. He or they can't help his partners keep getting injured/suspended.

Entropia

No One Remembers
To be fair to WWE, they've tried building the new tag-team division around Kofi twice over the past year. He or they can't help his partners keep getting injured/suspended.

Yeah, which really sucks.

But they have some potential tag teams they could've done.

Titus and Darren, Usos, Primo and Epico, Swagger/Ziggler could've dominated the division for awhile before their eventual split...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is how I enter all OTs from now on
suzukiringin6q4pz.gif

G-Fex

Imagine if Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler were main eventers and they were feuding over the WWE title.

Sigh.

It's nice to see a move by Kofi that isn't just a jump really high version of incredibly basic moves. Since that its literally the basis of his entire offense.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
TNA should try an all knockouts ppv. They have like 12 women under contract and the same 4 are on tv every week...or at least an all knockout episode on Impact. I don't even know who are the knockout tag team champions are anymore.

Kaladin

TNA should try an all knockouts ppv. They have like 12 women under contract and the same 4 are on tv every week...or at least an all knockout episode on Impact. I don't even know who are the knockout tag team champions are anymore.

They did an all knockouts Impact once, didn't go over too well I think.

Kyoufu

It's nice to see a move by Kofi that isn't just a jump really high version of incredibly basic moves. Since that its literally the basis of his entire offense.

His moveset is pretty annoying. It's just high flying crap. He tells no story in the ring. No in-ring psychology.

Destined to be a mid-carder.

Ithil

His moveset is pretty annoying. It's just high flying crap. He tells no story in the ring. No in-ring psychology.

Destined to be a mid-carder.

It's not even really like Sin Cara type high flying, it's just like "vague cross body", "punch", or "flailing clothesline", only he jumps up really high doing them.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
They did an all knockouts Impact once, didn't go over too well I think.

was that the episode with Mickie and Tara in a cage as the main event? I thought that was one of the highest rated segments o_O

So I was just watching the WHC elimination chamber from 2011, the one with Edge, Mysterio, Kane, Barrett, Show and Mcintyre.
And it is really good, possibly the most underrated chamber match, everyone gets to look awesome even the no longer chosen one Mcintyre, the bit where he just launches a Mysterio missile into a chamber is hilarious. Kane and Show get to clean house with the old monster mash and the match itself is bookended with great Rey/Edge encounters.

DKehoe

So I was just watching the WHC elimination chamber from 2011, the one with Edge, Mysterio, Kane, Barrett, Show and Mcintyre.
And it is really good, possibly the most underrated chamber match, everyone gets to look awesome even the no longer chosen one Mcintyre, the bit where he just launches a Mysterio missile into a chamber is hilarious. Kane and Show get to clean house with the old monster mash and the match itself is bookended with great Rey/Edge encounters.

Rey gets so much shit on here but he is fantastic,.

Rey gets so much shit on here but he is fantastic,.

I just have issue with how formulaic his matches became. High flyers are meant to be unpredictable - give him a bunch of finishing moves and signature spots, but don't dictate the order or necessity of those moves in EVERY match. During his last run I got so sick of seeing his silly finishing sequence, and the way they made the trip into the 619 look so. damn. contrived. Just as bad as the "OUT OF NOWHERE!" RKO's.

UberTag

The 619 may well be the absolute worst signature move in the business. Especially because you know full well we haven't seen a single guy draped over the middle rope from inside the ring since he got hurt but you know it'll be happening all the time once again as soon as Rey is back and healthy.

That being said, everything that's bad about Rey is how his matches are booked. He's a remarkable talent. He connects with the kids in the crowd better than anyone EVER in this industry (Cena included). He sells offense. He's got incredible athleticism even now given his limitations in the ring since he's older.

I have no complaints whatsoever about the guy apart from how the WWE has done its best to ruin him.

The problems I've always had with Rey have always been because of WWE booking, like his title run in 2006. His in ring work is really good though, and he's one of the more reliable guys on the roster. Shouldn't he be back soon?

Btw, I wish TNA would bring in more Luchadors and Japanese wrestlers like WCW used to.

bangai-o

Banned
those real pic January avatar people managed to sneak their community into the main OT section. Time to figure out a way to introduce OT Forums to AJ and D Bry.

The problems I've always had with Rey have always been because of WWE booking, like his title run in 2006. His in ring work is really good though, and he's one of the more reliable guys on the roster. Shouldn't he be back soon?

Btw, I wish TNA would bring in more Luchadors and Japanese wrestlers like WCW used to.

I hate seeing current Rey, he's a shell of his former self. Still good by WWE standards but his high risk flying moves consist of terrible looking splashes. Its obvious he's being held together by ductape

Its obvious he's being held together by ductape

Batista snapping at Rey all makes sense now. Obviously he has hated duct tape all his life, so he gets teamed up with someone MADE of duct tape and goes berserk. Then Cena finds out about it, and uses it against poor Dave in a last man standing match.

Khrno

Batista snapping at Rey all makes sense now. Obviously he has hated duct tape all his life, so he gets teamed up with someone MADE of duct tape and goes berserk. Then Cena finds out about it, and uses it against poor Dave in a last man standing match.

Fucking hell, so Cena kept all quiet until a year later when he used Rey's weakness on his favor to beat him for the WWE Title.

It's all John Cena's

cisO8.gif

His Super Rey schtick was getting ridiculous, he's a completely unbelievable heavyweight champion, and he fought the same goddamn match against everyone, at least in the past 3 years or so. He became boring and predictable, and now people don't remember how bad it got.

That said toward the end last year before he went on the shelf he did start putting guys like Punk and Cody Rhodes over, so I will give him credit for that.

Watched Mid-South Wrestlefest 1985, awesome outdoors house show in front of a rabid crowd, with two really fun matches - first, Ted DiBiase vs Jake Roberts in what's, technically, a heel vs heel match, but Jake is over so much at this point he's impossible to boo. They tell a good story, with Jake trying to hit the DDT and Ted trying to conceal his loaded glove from the ref, who eventually takes the glove from Ted but finds nothing inside, because Ted has it in his hand - he swings for Jake who ducks and hits the DDT for the win. Second, a wild and crazy 6-man tag match for the main event, with Hacksaw, Bill Watts & Dick Murdoch against Kamala, Skandor Akbar & Kareem Muhammad (the guy who trained New Jack). Akbar comes down to the ring with his arm in a sling, and claims then because of Hacksaw attacking him previously, he can't wrestle and instead a masked man will take his place. The commissioner gets on the mic and declares Sandar must wrestle, as he signed a contract, so Watts runs across the ring and hauls Akbar in by his 'injured' arm and we're under way. The heels never really get on the attack, as the face team keep up a furious pace until they isolate Kamala, of all people, and hit a triple team with Murdoch's running forearm, Hacksaw's shoulder charge into the ropes and a big body slam from Watts to pick up the pin.

Ted & Jake;

irkqgLjWAvtwc.png

ibl5p2Xu2cAs08.png

Bill Watts driving Hacksaw & Murdoch to the ring in a monster truck! USA! USA! USA!

iUuz29SfZwzly.png

Just recorded the inaugural episode of the wrestling podcast me and my buddies are thinking about getting started up. I'll post it here with more info so you all can listen and tell us it sucks.

G-Fex

Just recorded the inaugural episode of the wrestling podcast me and my buddies are thinking about getting started up. I'll post it here with more info so you all can listen and tell us it sucks.

wrestling podcast huh?

Well on my stream I talk about wrestling LIVE with a crowd of ...a few people here.

Top that.

Top Bottom