• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

G-Fex

I would listen to a weekly podcast that summarizes the activity in the thread.

I try to do that but I think i'd lose major viewers. I'd do it in podcast form but I dunno how and where to put it.

And I'm a lousy fan anyway and I don't have all the info and knowledge you guys do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So...how was wrestling last month?

suzukinosellarki5.gif

Kaladin

Next month, I'm going to my first house show in 4 years....hopefully to be headlined by CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan and John Cena vs Big Show.

This is the last house show I went to in 2008....

July 5, 2008 Smackdown/ECW House Show
Albany Civic Center
Albany, Georgia

Match One: WWE Tag Champions John Morrison and The Miz vs Jesse and Festus
Festus comes out sporting a bandage around his head and is in the match for the majority. A high paced back and forth opener with the champions going over with Morrison hitting a springboard kick on Festus into a sunset flip by Miz.
Winner: John Morrison and The Miz

Match Two: Mr. Kennedy vs Mike Knox
Kennedy spends about five minutes hyping up the crowd before having a slower paced match with Knox with Knox getting in most of his offense before Kennedy attempts the Mic Check once, gets it reversed and then counters back into the Mic Check again.
Winner: Mr. Kennedy

Match Three: Shelton Benjamin vs Ron "The Truth" Killings
For the first five minutes or so of the match, not that many people knew who Ron Killings was but the two men stalled for about ten minutes before actually locking up. Shelton Benjamin maintains control for most of the match with Killings not working in much of his offense from TNA. Killings mostly used counters and one spin kick. In what was the worst match of the night, these two missed a few spots but Benjamin goes over with his finisher.
Winner: Shelton Benjamin

Match Four (for the United States Championship): Umaga vs MVP vs United States Champion Matt Hardy
Match starts with MVP trying to coerce Umaga into teaming up with him to attack Matt Hardy and then trying to coerce Hardy into helping him beat Umaga. Very little action during the match with all three men in the ring at the same time. Each man took a bump to the floor where they sat there for a minute or two and watched the other two men wrestle. Each man got in most of their moves in a twenty minute match with Matt Hardy winning on a Twist of Fate on MVP.
Winner and still United States Champion Matt Hardy

15 minute intermission

Match Five: The Great Khali vs Evan Bourne
This match took less time than it did for Khali to walk out to the ring. Bourne runs at Khali, gets chopped and then Khali Bomb. End of Story.
Winner: The Great Khali

Match Six: Victoria and Natalya vs Cherry and Maria
This match was actually a pretty good match except for one messed up neckbreaker by Victoria. Cherry is in the ring the majority of the match taking the assault from Victoria and Natalya until Maria gets the hot tag and clears house. The match ends with Natalya pummeling Cherry on the outside of the ring and not paying attention to Maria hitting a bulldog on Victoria.
Winners: Cherry and Maria

Main Event: The Big Show and Finlay w/ Hornswoggle vs ECW World Champion Mark Henry and Chavo Guerrero w/ Bam Neely
Match starts off with Finlay and Chavo going hold for hold for a few minutes. Every time that Big Show gets in the ring Mark Henry refuses to tag in. Bam Neely attempts to interfere and is knocked down by Finlay and Big Show and Hornswaggle hits the Tadpole Splash on him. The match breaks down from there and Big Show wins for his team with a chokeslam on Mark Henry. To conclude the show, Big Show does a Hulk Hogan impersonation where he tears his shirt, does the Hogan poses and does a voice imitation of Hulk Hogan and then dances with Finlay and Hornswoggle.

The main event was Big Show/Finlay vs Mark Henry and Chavo.....yeah. I pretty much swore off house shows after that crapfest, but the lure of front row to Bryan vs Punk is bringing me back.

Kaladin

That 2008 house show sounds better than what'd you get now a days Sandman

That show was basically a 2 hour family show where it was more posing for the kids than wrestling...if I recall it ended by 10pm. They also didn't have Triple H, Jeff Hardy or Edge who were the three big stars on Smackdown at the time.

G-Fex

I told you guys, The Miz is the next big thing.

That show was basically a 2 hour family show where it was more posing for the kids than wrestling...if I recall it ended by 10pm. They also didn't have Triple H, Jeff Hardy or Edge who were the three big stars on Smackdown at the time.

Oh.

Right that does suck.

Better take some good pics of Layla for me.

wrestling podcast huh?

Well on my stream I talk about wrestling LIVE with a crowd of ...a few people here.

Top that.
We have already declared ourselves the number one wrestling podcast. Five minutes into our first episode. *comeatmebro.jpg*

My friend, who hosts, just hates the audio quality of the wrestling podcasts he knows so he figured we should do one. Like I said, you all can tell me we suck but hopefully you'll like it. Most of what I talk about comes directly from these threads so you all have a part to play!

G-Fex

We have already declared ourselves the number one wrestling podcast. Five minutes into our first episode. *comeatmebro.jpg*

My friend, who hosts, just hates the audio quality of the wrestling podcasts he knows so he figured we should do one. Like I said, you all can tell me we suck but hopefully you'll like it. Most of what I talk about comes directly from these threads so you all have a part to play!

Too bad we can't skype together I'd love to be on your podcast giving you a piece of the ol' King of Games opinion.

My show has me with my annoying voice as well as I have Morgan Freeman AND John Laurenitis on mys how.

How long is it?

New Jack put his hands on Balls backstage at Extreme Rising tonight.

A backstage fight took place at Saturday night's Extreme Rising show in Philadelphia between New Jack and Balls Mahoney.

The ECW originals have had heat for a while and almost fought at Extreme Rising's April show.

New Jack reportedly punched Balls Mahoney when he walked to into the backstage area. The two were separated and were kept apart for the rest of the night.

It's believed that comments made by Balls Mahoney about New Jack during a recent shoot interview.

I think just about every North American indy promotion since the early oughts (even fucking CZW) have done more to preserve the legacy of ECW than all of these fucking Extreme Reunion/Rising/cash-ins have done.

Happy Canada Day wrasslegaf.

Is this the real July thread? I ask because every other post is G-Fex.

Assuming it's the real thread (which I'm still skeptical of), I wanted to say I feel like tomorrow's Raw is gonna be something special.

G-Fex

Assuming it's the real thread (which I'm still skeptical of), I wanted to say I feel like tomorrow's Raw is gonna be something special.

Well I assume it's slow cause it's sunday or people are silently protesting my thread by avoiding it.

I think we can give G-Fex a go.

If this thread crashes and burns under his rule Ill make sure to have a emergency August thread ready just in case.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Tomorrow's Raw should be a ton of fun.

Look, if you don't have anything positive to post about Raw, then don't post at all.

Why are you even watching? Why are you here?

#PowerOfHeavy

Top Bottom