• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Seth Rollins
tumblr_ljvwdftUUl1qc1jg4o1_400.gif

First hour wasn't much beyond the NXT divas stuff, which was played up as a revolution, but really didn't feel like a big deal. It felt like something WWE would call a big deal - like WWE Fatal Four Way. Loved the Rusev vs. Cesaro vs. Owens match. It really made everyone seem like a star, except for Owens.

Rusev came off like a total face here. Moreso when his fairly-earned shot was taken from him by an Owens cheapshot. The Stardust gimmick continuing was pretty stupid. Just make him Cody again, have him cut a great promo - because he can, and give him the IC Title and see what happens. Main event contract signing dragged on a bit, but wasn't really long - and I did enjoy Brock just flipping the table around with one hand like it was nothing. I loved Seth being a super-dick to Kane, although it feels like they've gone done this exact same road many times. Maybe Suplex City has a lot of roundabouts.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/07/wwe-raw-7-13-15.html

Screens -

Mr. Rusev's Wild Ride

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/x4n2hrpfa75ftfl7rwh6a7paloxndqab

Those are some really nice graphics.

Seriously. It's the occasional glimpses of brilliance like that which make me really wish WWE would find a singular creative vision and just stick to it - even if its dumb Chikara-esque comic book bullshit, instead of trying to be an ESPN-ish (seriously? pre-shows?) everyman variety show that doesn't manage to land like 90% of its marks.

NoRéN

Seriously. It's the occasional glimpses of brilliance like that which make me really wish WWE would find a singular creative vision and just stick to it - even if its dumb Chikara-esque comic book bullshit, instead of trying to be an ESPN-ish (seriously? pre-shows?) everyman variety show that doesn't manage to land like 90% of its marks.

They should do all the fight advertisements for a specific ppv like that. Once a year, keeps it special and really gives it that little extra.

Cagey

Banned
Frazier was holding the championship belt after winning tonight's HR derby. They must be giving these things out like water.

CJ14I2sUkAA3nlT.png
400 bucks on a replica for free advertising on national television associated with winning and keeping people thinking WWE when they talk about championships.

It's legitimately one of their smartest crossover promotion attempts.

400 bucks on a replica for free advertising on national television associated with winning and keeping people thinking WWE when they talk about championships.

It's legitimately one of their smartest crossover promotion attempts.

Actually the fact that it still has the old logo makes me think this one wasn't given by the WWE. I mean they still could but the ones given to the USWNT, Blackhawks, Warrriors, Giants, Pats all had the new logo.

Cagey

Banned
Actually the fact that it still has the old logo makes me think this one wasn't given by the WWE. I mean they still could but the ones given to the USWNT, Blackhawks, Warrriors, Giants, Pats all had the new logo.
Yeah it's possible one of the dudes bought a belt from the website to give to the winner because everyone thinks a championship belt makes a champion look boss as fuck.

WWE actively feeding on that is damn smart and doesn't appear desperate. Rodgers was holding the Lombardi Trophy with the big gold replica on his shoulder on his own volition. Cultivating that is good. Why let any other promotion get in on association with championship belts? Make people think "WWE Championship Belt" instead of generically thinking champ or some other company.

Top Bottom