• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
The Dvias division is like the WWE title picture when Cena has been in it constantly for years but here you replace Cena with Bella.

The Bellas need to take a break for a while and give the new talent room to move and give creative a change to try something else out in that space.

Tossing more meat in the grinder wont change anything.

And heck, the title is already locked down for another 100 days just so WWE can spite AJ.

Also for got sake call it the Womens Division.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bet Yukes is glad that new THPS game is coming out. So there's at least one game that looks worse than theirs this year.

Robomoto being employed after THPS HD is some kind of joke I just must not be in on.

also, how fucking useless is summer rae?

did she do anything last night?

Summer Rae is like the textbook example of a what to fear for a talented women from NXT making the jump to the main roster.

"Sure you can wrestle better then 90% of the women in the company but your pretty and blond so you are going to spend the next 2 years as the silent girlfriend for random wrestlers and put in our dumb reality show and catty women being crazy"

At least Emma was a simple case of her gimmick just not getting over with the wider audience. With Summer they didnt even try.

Ithil

Bringing up three people at once (and not like the Shield) really should carry some videos similar to the Bálor ones so they aren't just "person".

Alucard

Banned
Bringing up three people at once (and not like the Shield) really should carry some videos similar to the Bálor ones so they aren't just "person".

I'm hoping they either do individual videos for them over the next 3 weeks, or they do a couple of videos highlighting all 3 of them.

MG310

also, how fucking useless is summer rae?

did she do anything last night?

Nope..didn't even do much cheering for Rusev. Rusev seems to be back to his Pre-Cena level of not needing interference in his matches as well so she has even less reason to be out there.

Could be worse, she could be the 4th team in the divas storyline with Cameron and Rosa Mendez.

OctoMan

Banned
The divas stuff actually made me care about the divas for the first time ever. I don't watch nxt, but that segment was great.

Lmfao at the disgruntled nxt fans trying to hate on it.

Gonzalez

Banned
That Diva segment was so weird after watching it a second time. It came off like if your aunt saw that your cousin was making fun of you so she decides to punish her child in front of his/her friends as a lesson.

Cagey

Banned
Nope..didn't even do much cheering for Rusev. Rusev seems to be back to his Pre-Cena level of not needing interference in his matches as well so she has even less reason to be out there.

Could be worse, she could be the 4th team in the divas storyline with Cameron and Rosa Mendez.
Rosa will join with the Bellas after Alicia Fox turns on them.

klonere

Banned
NXT call ups last night masterminded by the non-wrestling heel Stephanie McMahon. Thrown into random allegiances. No build up apart from brief intros from Steph. Random brawl into submission finishers.

I mean its something but its the weakest something they could have done.

I feel like the most rotten, filthy, CM Punk chanting smark right now.

imBask

Banned
HHH tweeted the worst picture of all time

iru7Kho.png

imBask

Banned
I already hate Becky Lynch so that's that

Charlotte was never that interesting, without the Flair name she wouldn't be where she is now... Sasha will flop due to booking

Fox318

What is it with WWE and getting rid of names?

The most over people in the company use a real name or at least on that sounds believable.

John Cena
Seth Rollins
Kevin Owens
Brock Lesnar

Striker

It was pretty lame to me but the crowd loved it so fuck us, right?

I still give it 3 months before Wrassle-GAF starts shitting on all 3 just like Paige, Emma, and Summer.
Keep expectations in check. Paige and AJ had a feud worse than the Bellas did facing each other and Emma has all but disappeared. What have they been doing with her lately outside being enhancement talent?

Sephzilla

What is it with WWE and getting rid of names?

The most over people in the company use a real name or at least on that sounds believable.

John Cena
Seth Rollins
Kevin Owens
Brock Lesnar

And historically...
Ric Flair
Randy Savage
Hulk Hogan (at least half of the name is real sounding)
Steve Austin
Bruno Sammartino

Fox318

I still give it 3 months before Wrassle-GAF starts shitting on all 3 just like Paige, Emma, and Summer.

The presentation of the division has to change.

Cena made the US belt big because every week he had a 15 minute match with a promo about how important the belt was and a spotlight ppv match.

Even if Cena wasn't a star the belt would get over.

Plus it also helps that unlike say Ryback he isn't working with Miz and the Big Show.

You give any of the NXT women 15 to 20 minutes in a match every week and it will get over.

imBask

Banned
did anyone actually managed to watch the whole show last night? i'm serious, RAW's been UNWATCHABLE for the past month or so...

The first promo was ooook kinda, and then they announce that garbage ass Sheamus Orton Ryback whoever garbage of a match and I just gave up... I came back to see the divas hot mess and gave up again

Fox318

And historically...
Ric Flair
Randy Savage
Steve Austin
Bruno Sammartino

How about Eddie, Benoit, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash? Kevin Nash was more over as Kevin Nash than he ever was as Diesel.

Outside of The Rock, Undertaker, and Kane I can't think of anyone that didn't have an odd sounding name that was a big star.

Unless Vince secretly wants to go back to a roster full of doinks, repomen, and goons.

Sephzilla

How about Eddie, Benoit, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash? Kevin Nash was more over as Kevin Nash than he ever was as Diesel.

Outside of The Rock, Undertaker, and Kane I can't think of anyone that didn't have an odd sounding name that was a big star.

Unless Vince secretly wants to go back to a roster full of doinks, repomen, and goons.

The Rock was technically just a nickname though since he started as Rocky Maivia.

Undertaker or Triple H probably have the most over stupid fake name of all time. I'd also say that Scott Hall got more over as Razor, to be honest.

Cagey

Banned

Paige has been disappointing for myriad reasons in and out of her control but the other two have been trash. WrassleGAF handled them fairly.

Striker

Outside of The Rock, Undertaker, and Kane I can't think of anyone that didn't have an odd sounding name that was a big star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36OHZ51o2qo

And historically...
Ric Flair
Randy Savage
Steve Austin
Bruno Sammartino
Difference between guys like Cener, Rollins, basketball shorts, etc. is guys like Austin, Savage, Bret, etc. had personas. There's no Hitman, there's no Rattlesnake or Stone Cold, there's no Heartbreak Kid, there's no Ravishing, there's no Nature Boy. That's what I hate about the names today (or the past ten years). They're stock. Brock's Next Big Thing was a good, and accurate, label.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Paige has been disappointing for myriad reasons in and out of her control but the other two have been trash. WrassleGAF handled them fairly.

Friend, as a person who imagines everyone to be their avatar, I wish you would change yours.

Cagey

Banned
Friend, as a person who imagines everyone to be their avatar, I wish you would change yours.

I ate my bodyweight in sushi and sashimi and beef at a wedding on Saturday, and then followed up with an encore performance at an all-you-can eat Korean BBQ brunch yesterday, after spending a month or so on a cutting diet.

I feel like my avatar today.

MC Safety

If Bayley is booked correctly in the main roster, she'll be fantastic.

...she won't though, so she's going to get wrecked. Let me enjoy the time she has on NXT left... since I can't think of a worse way to debut awesome NXT women like they did last night.

It's not about booking. If you're a wrestler, booking can help, but it's your charisma and presence that wins over the crowd. Not every wrestler has it.

I might be underestimating the new women callups. We'll see.

Bayley did well to escape the "Bayley is a mentally deficient child" gimmick she was initially saddled with.

klonere

Banned
It's not about booking. If you're a wrestler, booking can help, but it's your charisma and presence that wins over the crowd. Not every wrestler has it.

I might be underestimating the new women callups. We'll see.

Bayley did well to escape the "Bayley is a mentally deficient child" gimmick she was initially saddled with.

I'd prefer if the vast majority of the booking isn't actively working against the vast majority of the roster.

Hell even Kevin Owens is getting stale having done the same thing for the last 3 weeks

But yes, the best shall overcome and in the last 5 or so years that has amounted to John Cena and ???

Fox318

Someone will itnerfere and cost Brock the match.

I dont know who though.

If SummerSlam rumours are true then
Owens
but that seems pretty out of nowhere and kind of makes you wonder what his match will go.

Owens
has a match penned in for the
NXT Title

Top Bottom