• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
CKZrDQaW8AA40WC.jpg

Lol
What the fuck

I like how nobody acknowledges the Shield split-up has failed big time. The champion has got a worthless title reign, the other two are going nowhere and have been in tag team action for weeks.

The problem with keeping them together is that they had done pretty much everything at that point. They beat everyone on the roster. Everything from that point forward would have been a retread. I think they made the right decision breaking them up. Where they failed is recognizing why each individual got over and capitalizing on that. Poor booking after a decision does not make the decision in and of itself bad.

Paracelsus

This thread needs to have a discussion about how it defines failure. Between this and Paige, I can't even...

Success is when you split a group to have three single breakout superstars giving you ratings.

Evolution splitting up is a success, you have HHH in a heated filler feud with Flair, then after squashing Beeg he is back in the title picture. Raindeer Orlaine is a former world champion and moves on to feud with the Undertaker for a year, Batista is the face of Smackdown until his injury.

The Shield? You have lol paper champion, good looking "muscle" guy, le lunatic jobbah. Shield break-up isn't even as good as The Radicals'.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
This thread needs to have a discussion about how it defines failure. Between this and Paige, I can't even...

Yeah, for one, Ambrose was in the main even the whole back half of last year and then had another program with Seth for the strap again this summer. I'd hardly call his singles run a failure, even taking into account his languishing between the Rumble and Mania this year.

Cagey

Banned
Roman has the ring psychology and facial expressions and selling on lock. Can he survive this destructive abuse to his arm? I'm not sure.

Last night Meltzer said that Vince thinks that because Roman won all the time going into Mania and was booed, that just having him lose all the time going into next Mania will get him cheered. As if Roman's problem was just the winning and losing.
Well Roman actually has won me over a bit in the last several months, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

He's gotten much better in my opinion, but he's still not exactly a likeable character.

Thorakai

The Shield? You have lol paper champion

I never understand why you all complain about chickenshit heel champions. I love the stuff Seth is doing and he building himself up big time to pass the torch to whoever finally takes the belt from him, like a good heel champion should.

Raw64life

Cole just called that move the "drive by". BRB, going on a shooting spree because Michael Cole and the WWE legal team told me it was a good idea.

Savitar

The problem with the WWE is nothing is set in stone as success now. People put on great matches, give great speeches or get over and what happens? Whatever they did to get over gets taken away. In the end it's the same people at the top, in other words John Cena. Everyone else is just kinda there.

If the WWE was like they are back when Stone Cold and The Rock were new, neither of them would be doing what they did.

Success is taken from you.

You do what your told and even then it's still not good enough.

The brass ring is basically a bunch of crap.

Well Roman actually has won me over a bit in the last several months, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

He's gotten much better in my opinion, but he's still not exactly a likeable character.

He's improved for sure. I think that much is undeniable. But the problem still remains that the crowds aren't taking to him at the level he needs them to to be the top star. Case in point is the idea that they've beaten Dean relatively often and he still gets a consistently better reaction.

Fox318

The problem with the WWE is nothing is set in stone as success now. People put on great matches, give great speeches or get over and what happens? Whatever they did to get over gets taken away. In the end it's the same people at the top, in other words John Cena. Everyone else is just kinda there.

If the WWE was like they are back when Stone Cold and The Rock were new, neither of them would be doing what they did.

Success is taken from you.

You do what your told and even then it's still not good enough.

The brass ring is basically a bunch of crap.

xO6NgBN.gif

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Seriously. How ridiculous.

A good portion of people in this thread think that every single wrestler/diva should be in the main event and that, if they aren't, they are being misused. Whether it's Ziggler, Rusev, Ambrose, Neville, Barrett, Owens, Rhodes/Stardust, Wyatt, Paige, etc, there are too many people in this thread that will complain the moment one of the aforementioned lose and complain that the WWE has failed the wrestlers for not using them right or pushing them to the main event. When they go to the top, they will then complain that the midcard isn't being focused on enough.

WWE will never be perfect and hasn't been anywhere close in a long time -- but at least the match quality has improved and continues to improve. I don't care too much who is holding any of the titles so long as the matches are entertaining to watch. Hell, New Day proved recently that not everyone needs to be in the main event to be exciting.

Top Bottom