• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RP912

Banned
WCW was planning to make him one of their next big stars in 2001. Really wish I could have seen how that panned out.

Vampiro/Sting in my eyes was kind of mistake because they looked so similar at the time. I'm not a fan of that.

It could have worked if Russo wasn't booking the feud. Fucking Vampiro set Sting on fire and Sting still manage to bury the poor dude.

Well he did light "Sting" on fire and "Sting" dove from the top of the scaffolding into a bunch of crash pads.

I think putting him with the ICP did more harm.

Pretty much. The only dudes that didn't feel ICP's jinx was The Oddities.

Laserfrog

louthez.gif

Not my local or a poster, but relevant to Nerdy People of Colour...

RhJ14S3l.jpg

Also, first match for the New Japan/Rev Pro Global Wars is Okada vs Will Ospreay.

thefro

What I have laerned from past Tough Enoughs

1 - The winner will do go nowhere or get fired super early

2 - Every women on the show will get hired anyway.

Both folks from season 3 would have made it had Cappotelli not gotten brain cancer. He was turning into a pretty good worker. I think he would have probably been IC/US champ a few times and tag team champ, similar to Morrison.

klonere

Banned
Wrestling is a shady, dangerous industry filled with hyperathletic social misfits who engage in lowest common denominator melodrama peppered liberally with racism and sexism, floating in a world where any fan, no matter how young, can instantly gain access to websites that speculate constantly on its backstage creative and social happenings. And it doesn't even pay all that well relative to the wear on one's body, anymore, compared to the riches that were possible in the past, because the main monetary locus of the industry has shifted to a single company that has absolutely flooded the market with free and inexpensive content, and the lower echelons of the market are limited by their small scale in how much interest they can attract. TBH, a certain shift toward markishness and fame-hunger of the performers is probably a major part of what will keep wrestling alive in the West, because the money is never going to be what it once was for any but the highest-level performers.

this should be the OT title

Matsumoto had a tryout before and they didn't sign her, but Shida is the most WWE ready in terms of her style and look so if they want to sign a joshi, she'd be the one.
tumblr_na3wokjehK1r7d08vo1_250.gif

She's pretty good, but I don't know what they'd use her character as in NXT.
I don't like her chances of surviving that cutthroat divas locker room.

Laserfrog

I've been giving $10 a month to the Theszcast Patreon and there hasn't been an update in like a fucking year.

The Theszcast is financed by great ads from squarespace and meundies and whatever else people want to peddle. Theszcast Patreon is a scam. If there were a patreon, it would include great backer incentives like FREE LOU THESZ in every box.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
best thing I ever saw on Mexican TV was that "Boys Boys Boys" video by Sabrina Salerno

My god, that was one hell of a video. Don't know why it was on Mexican TV since it was Italian, but it was shown in full there when I was a young Sunflower.

There was a novela on tv a few years ago that shamelessly ripped off the Final Fantasy 7 boss battle theme. It'd play it during every dramatic moment.

I can't for the life of me remember the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There was a novela on tv a few years ago that shamelessly ripped off the Final Fantasy 7 boss battle theme. It'd play it during every dramatic moment.

I can't for the life of me remember the title.

Advent Children

Toki767

I wonder how much Okada is making for his indie bookings. It has to be a pretty big amount of money considering he probably doesn't need to leave Japan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you're posting a comment like this in a wrestling thread

Not all of us watch Raw, pal. There's great stuff out there! Wait, just like the moobies...shit...

Either way Final Fantasy VII sucks and so does its movie, it can get fucked. Game is 4 babby

I'm 5 eps into DBZ and that shit can get fucked too
not really, I...might continue. Is Nappa supposed to be mentally challenged? he just crawled into his egg and left whatever shit planet they're on.

Top Bottom