• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You should watch DBZ Abridged instead because it's the superior dub

I watch my anime pure, in the language it was written in, not after American savages stripped it of all its profound intent. I find that when I watch with subtitles (assuming they used an actual Japanese subtitling company instead of one of those horrible American ones) I get the actual meaning of the words that are actually said as opposed to stupid "dumb it down for Americans" scenarios or the mistranslation of cultural jokes that I understand since I have a seriously large Japanese culture background.

If you're watching a dub you might as well be watching Muppet Babies.

Not all of us watch Raw, pal. There's great stuff out there! Wait, just like the moobies...shit...

Either way Final Fantasy VII sucks and so does its movie, it can get fucked. Game is 4 babby

I'm 5 eps into DBZ and that shit can get fucked too
not really, I...might continue. Is Nappa supposed to be mentally challenged? he just crawled into his egg and left whatever shit planet they're on.

Nappa is the "dumb muscle" archetype to a T.

Don't try to confuse him with all this talk of Kai and Abridged and shit like that. Just let him watch what he's watching right now. Gotta see if he can even become a fan before we start worrying about that crap. All I know is that Sunny's gonna love it when the Saiyans actually make it to Earth. The fight with Nappa is basically monster heel booking 101.

Sephzilla

I watch my anime pure, in the language it was written in, not after American savages stripped it of all its profound intent. I find that when I watch with subtitles (assuming they used an actual Japanese subtitling company instead of one of those horrible American ones) I get the actual meaning of the words that are actually said as opposed to stupid "dumb it down for Americans" scenarios or the mistranslation of cultural jokes that I understand since I have a seriously large Japanese culture background.

But Goku's japanese voice actor is legitimately awful to listen to.

Don't try to confuse him with all this talk of Kai and Abridged and shit like that. Just let him watch what he's watching right now. Gotta see if he can even become a fan before we start worrying about that crap. All I know is that Sunny's gonna love it when the Saiyans actually make it to Earth. The fight with Nappa is basically monster heel booking 101.

Saiyan Saga = Best Saga.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

He's named after a cabbage. Nobody can take someone like that seriously.

I'm not going to talk about it anymore. We can move the DBZ talk over to the official thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=991598

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really don't understand why you feel compelled to watch Dragon Ball Z of all things. It's not even highly regarded for kiddy anime. It's just the thing people grew up with.

Next am I going to hear about Sunny watching Digimon the anime?

Sephzilla

I really don't understand why you feel compelled to watch Dragon Ball Z of all things. It's not even highly regarded for kiddy anime. It's just the thing people grew up with.

DBZ is basically dumb fun action with wrestling booking. It's turn your brain off entertainment at its finest.

I don't get how you can say this and then recommend Abridged since their Goku is pretty much the English equivalent of the original Japanese Goku voice.

Abridged Goku doesn't make a 30 year old adult sound like he's 12.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Next am I going to hear about Sunny watching Digimon the anime?

Just trying to see the appeal. I ain't got it in me for 600+ episodes, no chance in heck. I'll also never watch Digimon, it has always been and will continue to be a poor man's Pokemon, complete trash and desperation.

klonere

Banned
Well they announced at the WWE/NXT panel that the main event for Brooklyn NXT Pay per view is this:

So Owens is going to work this and then Summerslam.

wait what the fuck

not feeling a panel announced match with a guy who should be doing double duty that weekend.

oh man Owens isn't going to have anything at Summerslam is he, if this is true.

Aiii

So not worth it

Hear hear.

Also, having to put up with Americans fawning over Faulconers terrible music and complaining about Goku's iconic voice actress is reason enough to avoid the dub like the plague.

Sephzilla

Hear hear.

Also, having to put up with Americans fawning over Faulconers terrible music and complaining about Goku's iconic voice actress is reason enough to avoid the sun like the plague.

tA4wUXv.gif

Japanese DBZ's music is stupid carnival music crap and Goku's japanese VA is given terrible direction for the voice because Toriyama wants Goku to perpetually sound like he's a pre-teen for his entire life.

somedevil

wait what the fuck

not feeling a panel announced match with a guy who should be doing double duty that weekend.

Well this is how he answered a question if he can beat Brock Lesnar:

"It will be fun trying."

Plus here are the matches that Balor and Owens into Wrestling:

Balor: Hakushi vs. 1-2-3 Kid

Owens: Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm never going to bring up this goddamn show ever again.

I watched a Nitro from 1996 at lunch. This is my sad attempt at changing the subject. Arn Anderson laid out Hoggin with a Spinebuster and it made my toes wiggle.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
tA4wUXv.gif

Japanese DBZ's music is stupid carnival music crap and Goku's japanese VA is given terrible direction for the voice because Toriyama wants Goku to perpetually sound like he's a pre-teen for his entire life.

All of DBZ's music in any form is awful and the shrieky lady they let be Goku is really annoying. I don't care how iconic she is.

I think anyone shitting on DBZ needs to look at any of the more recent shonen to see what bad anime really looks like. Everyone's teenage pretty boy yaoi bait who pair off into meaningless time wasting fights (75% of which are made up of flash backs to their tragic backstories that they all seem to have because they would have no actual character otherwise) that amount to nothing in the grand scheme of things because the shit with the characters who actually matter only make up about 1/5th of the actual story. Like people bitch that everyone gets shafted in favor of the Saiyans, but it kept the plot nice and trim (well, as trim as a weekly shonen action series can get), with it never really feeling like it was just running in place like most modern series.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think anyone shitting on DBZ needs to look at any of the more recent shonen to see what bad anime really looks like. Everyone's teenage pretty boy yaoi bait who pair off into meaningless time wasting fights (75% of which are made up of flash backs to their tragic backstories that they all seem to have because they would have no actual character otherwise) that amount to nothing in the grand scheme of things because the shit with the characters who actually matter only make up about 1/5th of the actual story. Like people bitch that everyone gets shafted in favor of the Saiyans, but it kept the plot nice and trim (well, as trim as a weekly shonen action series can get), with it never really feeling like it was just running in place like most modern series.

I tried Death Parade and enjoyed it, but it wasn't finished yet.

Sephzilla

I like these discussions, and besides, who likes talking about wrestling nonstop? It's nice to talk about something we don't hate and are trapped by at least once a day.

yeah we need these kind of off topic things once and a while especially during the dog days of the year were WWE doesn't give a shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh you wanna talk about some shit I hate?

I hate that I bought Arkham Knight. It sucks. It legitimately sucks.

It's played out - which a lot of people hadn't played Origins so they're not as tired as I am. That's fine. I understand. So that's a small part of it.

The Batmobile is nice, BUT the fact that they introduced the Batmobile and want you to use it mainly to traverse...sucks. Because it takes away the feeling of having a DENSE city like the previous Batmengs did. Instead it feels very empty. The combat added a very unneeded amount of complexity. "Well we...we gotta electrify enemies too!"

That, and the story also sucks. So shitty. And no, they couldn't let go of (first hour spoiler)
The Joker, could they. Fucking pathetic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's better than the story in all the other Arkham games though. Knight uses said character better than they were ever used in the other games. Arkham City and Arkham Origins NEVER felt like they had a dense city. From the first 30 minutes you felt like you were on a sound stage instead of a city.

The only thing I agree with is the combat, but they've been doing that since the second one as well. Knight fixes pretty much all the issues of the last 2 games and would have been amazing if City and Origins never existed.

Just trying to see the appeal. I ain't got it in me for 600+ episodes, no chance in heck. I'll also never watch Digimon, it has always been and will continue to be a poor man's Pokemon, complete trash and desperation.

Here's the appeal:

Say you're a kid in the late 90s/early 00s. What's your experience with cartoons thus far? Mostly bullshit. Most action cartoons of the 80s/90s don't even have anything cool happen past the intro.

Along came Dragonball Z, which actually animated some goddamn fight scenes, plus it was pushed harder than a WWE top face and you see where it goes.

latest

learn it, watch it, love it

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jojo sucks, though. It was cool in the late 90s, but then it kinda turned into this tryhard piece of shit that nerds get erections over because they were told it's cool.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh you wanna talk about some shit I hate?

I hate that I bought Arkham Knight. It sucks. It legitimately sucks.

It's played out - which a lot of people hadn't played Origins so they're not as tired as I am. That's fine. I understand. So that's a small part of it.

The Batmobile is nice, BUT the fact that they introduced the Batmobile and want you to use it mainly to traverse...sucks. Because it takes away the feeling of having a DENSE city like the previous Batmengs did. Instead it feels very empty. The combat added a very unneeded amount of complexity. "Well we...we gotta electrify enemies too!"

That, and the story also sucks. So shitty. And no, they couldn't let go of (first hour spoiler)
The Joker, could they. Fucking pathetic.

Batmobile drags the game down a lot. Complete shit. The core fighting gameplay was fine in the Arkham games, we didn't need silly driving combat to begin with. It's repetitive and boring and I've only just started the game.

Story is fine though, they get the character and the world. Also, Jonathan Banks as Jim is awesome. I mark out everything's he speaks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good-ass games that deserve better:

Kane and Lynch 2

Great game. Full speed ahead, zero collectables so you're not torn between running around a room full of dead bodies looking for a golden piece of a gun (Max Payne 3's major gripe, gameplay-wise, for me.) - balls out action, satisfying action, with some shitty people you like being shitty with. Visionary game. Fragile Alliance co-op remains a brilliant addition, but if only there were more players...

NoRéN

wait what the fuck

Y'all gotta stop being so pessimistic. Owens will be defending the U.S. Title at summerslam.

Or trying to take it from Cesaro. :)

Top Bottom