• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RP912

Banned
It is pretty sad that they never topped Arkham Asylum.

Arkham Asylum felt like a complete package. Everything about that game was glorious with the exception of the last boss fight. I can't get into AC if my life depended on it. I don't know why, maybe it's the whole feeling of why did this need to be a sequel?

Arkham Origins was dope though....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DBZ animated fights? Seemed to me like they just used still cels and panned them across the screen without using actual animation for the characters. Then they shot flashlights at the screen to show them 'totally fighting so fast we can't affor--i mean you can't see it'

a5.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DBZ animated fights? Seemed to me like they just used still cels and panned them across the screen without using actual animation for the characters. Then they shot flashlights at the screen to show them 'totally fighting so fast we can't affor--i mean you can't see it'

Yeah but little kid minds couldn't comprehend that. Yu Yu Hakusho is pretty dope by the way.

Sailor Moon has better characters, plot, and character development than Dragon Ball Z.

Yes it does

The manga was a contemporary to DB, so it doesn't really count...

You have a point.

a5.gif
There's some great high spots, though. Who can forget the finish to Goku & Piccolo v. Raditz?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In the FIRST arc of the show DBZ tells you that death is a joke and so no fight has any real consequence.

Imagine Bruno coming out to MSG and just going, 'oh dont worry guys. its all fake'

I liked Kane & Lynch 2. I've probably replayed it more than I should have, but it's one of the few games that actually had some kind of style. And not just 'it had dark outlines and cel shading so it has style' that passes for it on these parts

klonere

Banned
Good-ass games that deserve better:

Kane and Lynch 2

Great game. Full speed ahead, zero collectables so you're not torn between running around a room full of dead bodies looking for a golden piece of a gun (Max Payne 3's major gripe, gameplay-wise, for me.) - balls out action, satisfying action, with some shitty people you like being shitty with. Visionary game. Fragile Alliance co-op remains a brilliant addition, but if only there were more players...

Hell yeah, Kane and Lynch 2 gets a really hard time but man that game was uncompromising with its visual style, its shitty human being characters and its story. It was quick, brutal and very dirty but I loved it for it not giving a fuck about convention.

They must be really concerned they don't have anyone that can draw if they're still putting Owens on NXT cards at this point.

This is the first big gamble for them putting on NXT somewhere really big. Not surprised they are going with Owens who is close enough to their sure thing at the moment.

You could say Owens is the Cena of NXT in that sense.

Ya'll got worked.

As cool as a 3 way would be, its not happening unless there are more shenanigans. Hopefully Cesaro is the next feud for future US Champ Kevin Owens.

It wouldn't be cool. It would literally only be done so Cena doesn't have to eat the pin and remain strong.

a5.gif

It's more what they were showing than the quality used to show it. Even in the censored as fuck Ocean/Saban dub, you still had people getting holes blasted through their chests, arms getting ripped off, dudes getting blown up etc. when, in most American cartoons around the same time they weren't even allowed to punch people with a closed fist.

They must be really concerned they don't have anyone that can draw if they're still putting Owens on NXT cards at this point.

Well considering Samoa Joe's NXT run has been a flop thanks to him A. Generally looking unmotivated B. Apparently being a giant prick backstage and C. Him nearly killing Tyson Kidd, I don't know if there's really anyone else until Itami gets back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The fights weren't better. It was just voltron for girls.

They were equally as cheap and lazy as DBZ's fights. Sailor Moon usually got through it in 2 episodes max where as it took about 30 episodes and 4 transformations for them to finally end a fight.

This anti Schmoah Joe propaganda Datazord is spreading has got to stop.

I don't think I've said a single negative thing about Joe

jmdajr

They were equally as cheap and lazy as DBZ's fights. Sailor Moon usually got through it in 2 episodes max where as it took about 30 episodes and 4 transformations for them to finally end a fight.
And the epic fight is what was good about it.
It's also what people hated sure.

Not equal at all in my eyes.

somedevil

Well considering Samoa Joe's NXT run has been a flop thanks to him A. Generally looking unmotivated B. Apparently being a giant prick backstage and C. Him nearly killing Tyson Kidd, I don't know if there's really anyone else until Itami gets back.

They had to do the rematch and it will draw.

Where did you hear that Joe was being a prick backstage?

Plus how can you determine motivation from him having only 3 matches on NXT television and in two of them he looked motivated to me.

In the FIRST arc of the show DBZ tells you that death is a joke and so no fight has any real consequence.

I didn't and still don't care about that. Kid me just yearned for anything that had buildup to a big conflict or fight, and when the conflict/fight finally happened, it lasted 5 episodes minimum. I ate that shit up then, and I eat it up now, because it was a great change of pace from 99.9% of everything else.

And about Owens/Balor 2, it doesn't help that Zayn's out till 2016 too. For as much feuds as Owens currently is, really that's the one that, because the payoff couldn't happen yet, fucked up the schedule of the rest of them. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Owens is at Summerslam and it's against Cena again.

Aiii

So not worth it

I don't think I've said a single negative thing about Joe

I don't know why I thought that was your post. I'll blame it on the wine, my bad.

You know growing up I had a sense that it was all staged, but because I wasn't 100% sure; it really kept things interesting. I hate sports entertainment nonsense it damaged the business so much.

Starrcade-1985-Flair.jpg

1986. I was a little kid glued to the TV for this man. He fkn had me.

jmdajr

You know growing up I had a sense that it was all staged, but because I wasn't 100% sure; it really kept things interesting. I hate sports entertainment nonsense it damaged the business so much.

Ric-Flair-WCW-2.png

1986. I was a little kid glued to the TV for this man. He fkn had me.
It kept it alive I say.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not saying I didn't watch Dragonball Z growing up. That show was perfect for the time and knew how to appeal to kids wearing flame shirts and listening to Linkin Park to design their own original SSJ5 Saiya-jins.

I'm saying it's an awful show looking at it as an adult, and I can't imagine going back and watching it now. Same as shit like Ronin Warriors.

jmdajr

I beat that Batman sunsoft game for the NES. It was great ninja gaiden esque and hard as fuck. It also had nothing to do with the movie.

I give some sound advice and Heel parodizes it to push some video game for toddlers and pedophiles.

PS- I know saying "a video game for pedophiles" is redundant, but I wanted to stress the point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nothing about that game had anything to do with the movie. Those carnies just found a way to reskin Ryu Hayabusa as Batman and resell Ninja Gaiden stage pack.

And it was amazing.

jmdajr

I'm not saying I didn't watch Dragonball Z growing up. That show was perfect for the time and knew how to appeal to kids wearing flame shirts and listening to Linkin Park to design their own original SSJ5 Saiya-jins.

I'm saying it's an awful show looking at it as an adult, and I can't imagine going back and watching it now. Same as shit like Ronin Warriors.
I totally disgree. I think I aporeciate it even more now. There is a reason people still give a shit about it years later. It's timeless. It's own little quirky world. Good in any era.

Whoa whoa don't you dare throw shade at ronin warriors

RP912

Banned
Jurassic Park for the SNES was true to it's roots, Jurassic Park for the Genesis didn't make any fucking sense.

Heel

I give some sound advice and Heel parodizes it to push some video game for toddlers and pedophiles.

PS- I know saying "a video game for pedophiles" is redundant, but I wanted to stress the point.

Listen, Perspicacity. I don't know if you have a Windows phone or what, but Alphabear is the Threes! of 2015. Thas a God damn shoot. Give this 20 minutes and you'll say "Wow, Heel was right again."

I suggest you get in on the ground floor, before they start retiring bears. Once they're gone, they're gone.

First friend Heel and now friend Perspicacity making heel turns

What is WrassleGAF turning to, what would friends Bayley, Sting, and Roman Reigns think of your actions

Ithil

Jesus, it's not the fucking Styles Clash, where we have a list of injuries over a decade. One guy got hurt once. Unfortunately, it was bad. Them's the breaks, wrestling is a fucking dangerous business, and shit can happen at any time.

HHH botched the predigree once and nearly snapped a guy's neck with it. It's still a safe move usually. These things happen.

Listen, Perspicacity. I don't know if you have a Windows phone or what, but Alphabear is the Threes! of 2015. Thas a God damn shoot. Give this 20 minutes and you'll say "Wow, Heel was right again."

I suggest you get in on the ground floor, before they start retiring bears. Once they're gone, they're gone.

"Alphabear is the Threes! of 2015" sounds like some kind of gamer newspeak.
Despite that I'll give your game a chance and form a fair unbiased opinion on it, but let me state for the record that I am doing so only as an academic endeavor and not because I am drawn to this media.

Top Bottom