• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

scabro

Happy Birthday to Scott Steiner, age 53.

AOl2HzG.jpg

scott-steiner-pojo-stick-o.gif

Sephzilla

I worry that when people say 'good look' they immediately think an adonis. A good look is a lot of things as long as it fits your character. I would say Yokozuna had a good look because he was massive. He was fat, but he was awe-inspiring. Owens rides the middle ground and that's what I usually mean by a bad look is when nothing about you stands out. Daniel Bryan is short but ripped, Scott Norton was only 6'3" in a land of giants, but he was built like a battle tank.

I'd agree. Yokuzuna, Vader, and Umaga were all people I'd say didn't have a good build but had a good look for their character.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A good look is when you look exactly like who you are supposed to look like. Like Sephziller said, a good build is different than a good look.

I guess I can see people saying Owens has a good look, because he doesn't have much character, you don't know what they're trying to do with him and it's hard to see where that smoove bellay fits in.

Owens does not have a good build, I will agree.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is a shithouse good or bad?

Positive

Has there been a wrestler who had 100% both look(without using tricks to hide flaws), charisma, and in-ring ability.

John Cena, honest to god.

He doesn't but he isn't negated by someone who does (have a good build) by default. That's the point I think. Who can drive a character to the stage? Who owns their look, build and attitude?

Bull Dempsey's look is right for his character, right now. I don't know what Owens is supposed to be because his look is at odds with what's supposed to be his character, but that's changing.

Cagey

Banned
Has there been a wrestler who had 100% look(without using tricks to hide flaws), charisma, and in-ring ability?
macho-man-o.gif

shithouse, built like a: good, means you're scary big.

Yep.
Man, I would have loved to watch a Vader in his prime go against Brock. :(

Vader was a machine. So incredibly strong.

That's a dream match I never thought about until this moment and now I can't think of a dream match I'd rather see more.

jmdajr

I never thought much of Hogan or Macho being bald. That's just how I saw them day 1.

But Sting's new look makes me cry.

I never thought much of Hogan or Macho being bald. That's just how I saw them day 1.

But Sting's new look makes me cry.

I echo all this.

I was born into a world where the two biggest names in wrassling were old dudes with hair strangely tailored around a bald crown. can't think of hulk or macho any other way...hrm.

I'm actually pretty surprised Sting didn't go for plugs during all that downtime.

Sephzilla

Balding doesn't seem to hurt wrestlers at all when you consider how many top stars had bald spots / receding hairlines.

-Hogan
-Macho
-Austin (it was pretty noticeable before he shaved it bald)
-Angle
-HBK

Cena also has a nice bald spot going that's masked because of his really short haircut.

I look forward to the future main event runs of Dean Ambrose and Baron Corbin.

imBask

Banned
Balding doesn't seem to hurt wrestlers at all when you consider how many top stars had bald spots / receding hairlines.

-Hogan
-Macho
-Angle
-HBK

Cena also has a nice bald spot going that's masked because of his haircut.

lol you said future and Baron Corbin in the same sentence

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Kevin Owens

is fat

The term "Kevin bod" was virtually absent from Wrasslegaf conversation until May 19, when a mark ass poster named Sandman (aka Kaladin or whatever the fuck) penned a post on the www.neogaf.com forum titled "I'm telling ya, KO is a different beast. They're treating this guy as something special, as he should be." His argument was counter-intuitive, suggesting that wrasslin fans were attracted to men whose physiques reflect "a nice balance between a beer gut and working out" than they are to hunks with washboard abs.

jmdajr

-Hogan
-Macho
-Angle
-HBK

Cena also has a nice bald spot going that's masked because of his really short haircut.

Big Show gave in.

I bet you The Rock is bald too but don't matter because his hair just..wouldn't look good.

edit: Did you see the Swerved episode where the kid made not of Curtis Axel balding?
Must suck when pops had great hair.

edit edit: I was surprised Kane still had hair!

The term "Kevin bod" was virtually absent from Wrasslegaf conversation until May 19, when a mark ass poster named Sandman (aka Kaladin or whatever the fuck) penned a post on the www.neogaf.com forum titled "I'm telling ya, KO is a different beast. They're treating this guy as something special, as he should be." His argument was counter-intuitive, suggesting that wrasslin fans were attracted to men whose physiques reflect "a nice balance between a beer gut and working out" than they are to hunks with washboard abs.

really just a disgraceful thing to bring on May 19th, which is already known as Kane Day.

Sephzilla

Big Show gave in.

I bet you The Rock is bald too but don't matter because his hair just..wouldn't look good.

edit: Did you see the Swerved episode where the kid made not of Curtis Axel balding?
Must suck when pops had great hair.

Rock's hairline was definitely going backwards around 2004.

I believe he kept it bald after this.

Embrace the baldness when it comes, friends.

No cul-de-sac either. Bald is beautiful.

If I ever start balding (which doesnt look like it will happen given genetics) I want the Picard look

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Horseshoe configuration is good and valid.

kHU51oN.jpg

jmdajr

Vince-McMahon-Bald.jpg

Vince man. That was pretty ballsy of him to do this. I feel he'd be the type to be super anal about their hair.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince-McMahon-Bald.jpg

Vince man. That was pretty balsy of him to do this. I feel he'd be the type to be super anal about their hair.

It was bold. But he's always, always been first in line with a "anything I ask my talent to do, I'd be happy to do first"

Gonzalez

Banned
Balding was straight up necessary for Arn's look

I was upset he did that. Vince had a great head of hair
So true...

It's a requirement for all real, and fake Anderson's(Arn's a fake) to have that bald, and bearded look.

Karl is doing a fine job continuing that grand tradition.

With Banshee ending after season 4, let's get that cast and the big motherfucker who plays The Mountain into the Performance Center ASAP.

660977_320x320.jpg

First they called Big Show fat, and I did not speak out—
Because he is the Big Show, and who gives a shit about the Big Show in this decade.
Then they called Charlotte ugly, and I did not speak out—
Because she shares half of Ric Flair's looks.
Then they called Chris Hero fat, and I did not speak out—
Because he was allegedly released from NXT because he was fat and he's working in the indies.
Then they called Kevin Owens—and there was no one left to speak for him.

DMczaf

Carny Code is returning in August, friends.

Be prepared to shake my fucking hand when you arrive in the thread.

Aiii

So not worth it
Daniel Bryan's and Brie's first kiss story is super sweet guys.

Their first time trying to have sex, on the other hand, lol.

It includes
a naked Daniel Bryan trying to up-kick Ted DiBiase in the face.

Results from the Gathering of Juggalos 2015:

JCW Presents Exotic Ladies of Wrestling, July 24, 2015

Angel Dust d. Ruby Raze
Heidi Lovelace d. Heather Owens
Miss Diss Lexia d. Tragedy and Amazing Maria
Dementia d. Aja Perrera
Jewells Malone d. Brittany Blake
Mary Elizabeth Monroe d. Samantha Heights
Crazy Mary Dobson d. Lufisto

Top Bottom