• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FoIxHEv.gif

It's the same guys putting on the same (excellent) matches again, only the format change has made the whole thing to start really slowly.

Sephzilla

The tag division feels like the one area where NXT falters. They don't seem to strike on certain tag teams when they are hot. The Vaudevillains were red hot and didn't get to take the tag belts of the Lucha Dragons, Enzo & Cass didn't get the belts from Blake & Murphy despite being red hot, and I have a feeling that Blake and Murphy are now going to drop the belts after finally getting some personality thanks to Alexa.

Eat Sleep Tweet Delete Ryback was fun

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've had enough of Shitbata desperately trying to get over to the point where he's hurting talent who trust their bodies with him. Get a personality, Shibata. You're a nothing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The tag division feels like the one area where NXT falters. They don't seem to strike on certain tag teams when they are hot. The Vaudevillains were red hot and didn't get to take the tag belts of the Lucha Dragons, Enzo & Cass didn't get the belts from Blake & Murphy despite being red hot, and I have a feeling that Blake and Murphy are now going to drop the belts after finally getting some personality thanks to Alexa.

So far I've seen the introduction of the Vaudevillians and Lucha Dragons and the reformation of Enzo & Cass and they all have a certain something. Meanwhile the Ascension is treated like Brock Lesnar on NXT and wrestle like David Flair.

The Ascension would have been a perfect gimmick if Victor and Connor looked like twenty something Brian Adams and Bryan Clark.

Ithil

So far I've seen the introduction of the Vaudevillians and Lucha Dragons and the reformation of Enzo & Cass and they all have a certain something. Meanwhile the Ascension is treated like Brock Lesnar on NXT and wrestle like David Flair.

The Ascension would have been a perfect gimmick if Victor and Connor looked like twenty something Brian Adams and Bryan Clark.

They were trying something with the Ascension. It didn't work, because they kinda blow, but they tried. Hence the effort-free callup to the main roster. They were at the point where they were done in developmental, but still pretty much sucked, so you have the choice of either releasing them, or calling them up, and you might as well just call them up.

Sephzilla

The Ascension were so bad they got over ironically at Full Sail for being bad.

Fuck The Ascension. They were born and bred to put me to bed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only act that isn't a local talent that I've seen on NXT less than The Ascension is Mojo.

They were a special attraction!

jred2k

I'm just catching up on Tough Talk. Mada cut a killer promo on ZZ. I wish that dude would have been kept around now.

ZZ's terrible, Paige is still a bad judge and Mada shouldn't have been cut.

I wish they'd cut Tanner already. He is never going tomake it anywhere with his complete lack of personality. He had a girl in a hot tub basically begging him to "cut a promo" on him and the best thing he could come up with was a shitty pick up line that would make a 14 year old shake his head.

It's the same guys putting on the same (excellent) matches again

Please, watch Naito vs Tanahashi and compare that to any of their previous matches. Also, there's been numerous huge first-time matches in this tournament already. Incidentally, with the "format change" they've returned to how the G1 used to be set-up, it's only in recent years that there's been shows with nothing but tournament matches.

jred2k

ZZ's terrible, Paige is still a bad judge and Mada shouldn't have been cut.

I'm tired of ZZ's podunk aloofness. He's just dumb and I'd rather watch 10,000 Mojo Rawley matches than whatever ZZ would be capable of.

I've been away from my computer and Chromecast since the G1 started, but I can't wait to catch up over the weekend. Dirtbag Naito and Shibata vs. Ibushi look incredible.

Browny

Banned
All that talk of fudging ratings in an OT 2. You want to guarantee them August high-flying ratings? To prepare for the biggest show of the year - I got three words for ya:

GAF
LOTTERY

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I wish they'd cut Tanner already. He is never going tomake it anywhere with his complete lack of personality. He had a girl in a hot tub basically begging him to "cut a promo" on him and the best thing he could come up with was a shitty pick up line that would make a 14 year old shake his head.
I don't know how they do it, but each episode manages to just have a total cringe segment.
I'm tired of ZZ's podunk aloofness. He's just dumb and I'd rather watch 10,000 Mojo Rawley matches than whatever ZZ would be capable of.
Yeah, dude is just getting mad sympy votes well he don't get my sympy.

Gonzalez

Banned
Please, watch Naito vs Tanahashi and compare that to any of their previous matches. Also, there's been numerous huge first-time matches in this tournament already. Incidentally, with the "format change" they've returned to how the G1 used to be set-up, it's only in recent years that there's been shows with nothing but tournament matches.
I've been enjoying the format this year. Shows full of tourney matches started to get real boring after the first 3 shows last year. The tag matches that set up the following days matches featuring young lions like Cody Hall, and Jay White have been a major improvement.

jmdajr

Do you think they push the

"If you don't want to headline Wrestlemania..why are you here?"

too much?

Did Doink want to headline Wrestlemania?

"Guys I just need a fucking job. I will be the best mid card worker you ever had. Trust me. You don't even have to pay me that much."

too much?

"Guys I just need a fucking job. I will be the best mid card worker you ever had. Trust me. You don't even have to pay me that much."

"I'm a fucking CLOWN."

too much?

They should definitely repackage ZZ as a new Doink, only he'd be a sad clown because he misses his family and his pet gator.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These DBZ posts...

This place used to be cool, but certain people have made it not cool.

Top Bottom