• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Wednesday Night War

Lucha Underground
Ultima Lucha starts tonight!

-Falls Count Anywhere match: The Mack vs. Cage
-Believer's Backlash match: Drago vs. Hernandez [fans are the lumberjacks, and they're armed with leather straps]
-Lucha Underground Trios championship match: Ivelisse, Son of Havoc, and Angelico (c) vs. The Disciples of Death w/Catrina

NXT
-NXT Tag Team Championship match: Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy (c) w/Alexa Bliss vs. The Vaudevillains
-Chad Gable and Jason Jordan vs. Elias Samson and Manny Garcia
-Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder
-Charlotte vs. Dana Brooke
-Baron Corbin vs. jobber
-Kevin Owens vs. jobber

Ring of Honor
-The Young Bucks vs. War Machine
Kyl'e O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole

TNA
Bullshit

If I had of known they were doing a show on the 12th I would have booked an extra day in at Nagoya just to make things easier, going to be a lot of time on the Shinkansen back and forward if I do decide to go to the show, 2 hours out to Osaka, back to Tokyo and then back to Osaka as soon as I can :/. More so given the next day I'm looking at traveling from Osaka up to Fukui (3 and a half hour trip there) to go see a dinosaur museum up that way that is meant to be amazing.

Are there any good feds in Japan on the level of HUSTLE, just stupid silly fun that would be good for a night while I'm in Tokyo? If I can't see NJPW do want to check out at the very least some Japanese Pro Wrestling.

I can't see NJPW going into King of Pro-Wrestling without a few smaller shows to build it up - there will probably be a Korakuen Hall show a few days before the 10/12 show that they'll announce nearer to the date, hopefully in time for you to see it. KoPW is one of the top-5 NJPW shows of the year and always a pretty big deal, worth seeing if you can make it. As for other promotions, there's nothing on the same scale as HUSTLE, but DDT Pro are great fun and often run Tokyo. You should definitely be able to see at least one show while you're in Tokyo, there's a lot of promotions and a lot of shows.

Fox318

Carny Code is returning in August, friends.

Be prepared to shake my fucking hand when you arrive in the thread.

GlaringNaturalIberianmole.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still maintain that charisma is way more important, but looks absolutely matter too. Unless you're Mick Foley.

On that note, who would you guys say has the best combination of the two? I'd probably say Rock

Ironic since Mick Foley is drop dead gorgeous circa 1990.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This thread's mere existence proves beyond a shadow of a doubt one thing.

Hulk Hogan was right. No not about being a massive racist!

He is still, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the biggest name in Sports Entertainment. He can still outdraw anything. G1 is a joke. Tough Enough, who cares. RAW/SMACKDOWN? They can't get you a full 200 pages.

DMczaf

He is still, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the biggest name in Sports Entertainment. He can still outdraw anything. G1 is a joke. Tough Enough, who cares. RAW/SMACKDOWN? They can't get you a full 200 pages.

Sunny knows how to hot shot with the best of them. I just wonder what he has prepared for the dead time after summer slam.

Ithil

My objection to the KO fat jokes isn't the existence of the fat jokes, it's the extreme laziness of nearly all of them. Put some effort into it.

G1 moving the needle about as much as a platinum games console exclusive

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

jmdajr

¡HarlequinPanic!;173379000 said:
man, the vaudevillians are still a thing?

I don't think this is gonna transfer over well to Raw.

I think Colin and Enzo will. Pretty disappointing if they don't.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;173379000 said:
man, the vaudevillians are still a thing?

I just got to the formation of the Vaudevillians yesterday. It really is a good gimmick...for NXT. Some genuinely funny shit, like them cutting a heel promo without saying a word.

Owens is a poor man's Bully Ray. Bully has an obnoxious voice and he just shouts at the top of his lungs and acted like such a piece of shit. How Bully was, is exactly how Owens should be.

I would rather have Owens be an underdog, Mikey Whipwreck type guy. That doesn't mean he has to be some dancing fool either.

Top Bottom