• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jump Super Stars DS - Son Goku vs. Naruto vs. Ruffy

sasimirobot

Mama Smurf said:
You're the guy who's amazed people don't know the symbol for Nintendo, so maybe I won't listen to what you think you have to live under a rock to not know.

Those 2 posts are not related. The first one was a semi-joke (considering all the J-worship on this board); the last one the truth. NARUTO, ONE PIECE, I guess I have been out of the states too long to know if these are popular anywhere other than asia, but geez...

Not anything against you at all, but that is like saying "dude you heard of this new craze called Pokimen? you can trade your monster thingies and battle on the gameboy"

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I live in the UK, I have no idea if it's as popular over here.

I have no contact with kids, I don't watch cartoons unless they happen to be on in the evening or late night, I haven't played the games and, while I've heard of the cartoons, I don't know any of the characters.

bjork

It is possible to simply not pay attention to things and not recognize characters and faces... that's me with basically all prime time tv, movies, and music. I might recognize a title or something, but that's the extent of it

But the day will come when all <3 Luffy imo.

Culex

Banned
I still can't believe someone could not know anything about DBZ. Even if you had never watched the anime, there's commercials, videogames (US ones too!) and enough merchandise available to make one spew.

I boggles the mind.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
It's too bad this game couldn't have some Jojo's Bizarre Adventure chars. in it. Such a development would have me interested in the game... but, not enough to buy it or the system it's being developed for.

Mama Smurf

Culex said:
I still can't believe someone could not know anything about DBZ. Even if you had never watched the anime, there's commercials, videogames (US ones too!) and enough merchandise available to make one spew.

I boggles the mind.

If there are commercials on UK TV for DBZ, I've never seen them. As for videogames, that makes no difference if you haven't played them. There are hundreds of videogames based on intellectual properties I know nothing about. As for merchandise
...well that covers too much for me to refute on every point, but I'll choose some popular ones. Toys: I don't think I've been in a toy store/section of a store for years, if I have I certainly haven't looked at anything. Clothes: They'll be on the kids clothes, I don't go in the kids section. McDonalds/Burger King style promotions: I don't eat in such places, quite aside from the fact that most of their food is crap, I'm vegetarian.

Besides, I do know something about DBZ. I know it exists, that there are videogames based on it and that it's a cartoon. I suspect that's more than most of my friends would know.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hmm so are the playable characters limited to characters from those three shows?

Belfast

Its a pretty good fit, too. Most of these franchises already have fighting games based off of them, there's the Narutimett Hero games, the One Piece Grand Battles, the various Dragon Ball games. None are particularly awesome and some are downright horrible, so hopefully this will finally do justice to the franchises, even if the fighting system is only as complex as your average SSB game (which isn't a bad thing, thankfully SSB emphasizes how, where, and when to use your attacks rather than how complex they should be to execute).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Soul4ger said:
Could it be... A GAME WITH NINJAS AND PIRATES?!
Pff...I'll do you one better.

NINJA VERSUS PIRATES.

By the way...NDS = SOLD.

Seriously, this is probably the best news Nintendo has had in a while, at least as far as game announcements go. This will be an absolute monster in Japan.

I hope the game has some Nintendo characters, too.
I do not. They have their game already.

MASB

I wonder if they'll include a trophy-history type thing into this game like they did with SSBM. This game should certainly be a system seller in Japan if it's even close to being a good game.

Kseutron

MASB said:
I wonder if they'll include a trophy-history type thing into this game like they did with SSBM. This game should certainly be a system seller in Japan if it's even close to being a good game.

with such characters it certainly could be a chess game and still sell above 500K

just look à Hokuto no Ken's pachinko game (which is by the way also planned on DS)

Memles

Kobun Heat said:
From what we know now I would sincerely doubt that.

I think they should throw in one Nintendo secret character that would fit well into the Universe, at least. Even if its not an uber mascot, just as a throwaway.

Culex

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
If there are commercials on UK TV for DBZ, I've never seen them. As for videogames, that makes no difference if you haven't played them. There are hundreds of videogames based on intellectual properties I know nothing about. As for merchandise
...well that covers too much for me to refute on every point, but I'll choose some popular ones. Toys: I don't think I've been in a toy store/section of a store for years, if I have I certainly haven't looked at anything. Clothes: They'll be on the kids clothes, I don't go in the kids section. McDonalds/Burger King style promotions: I don't eat in such places, quite aside from the fact that most of their food is crap, I'm vegetarian.

Besides, I do know something about DBZ. I know it exists, that there are videogames based on it and that it's a cartoon. I suspect that's more than most of my friends would know.

I'm speaking from an American perspective. I had no idea you lived in the UK.

34301020041005_174252_0_big.jpg

:D :)

Soul4ger

Culex said:
I'm speaking from an American perspective. I had no idea you lived in the UK.

Yeah. They bought a ton of American Idol games over there. Teeth are really bad, too. Priorities are really mixed up.

tenchir

Wow..... just wow..... I was planning to wait till the DS price drop to sub $100 dollars then buy it, but if the DS isn't region lock, then IT'S PREORDER TIME!!!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Kseutron said:
the good news is that if songoku is in the game, there is a slight chance to see it in the US

well, all 3 series exist in america in some fasion. so its highly probable this game will arrive in the states.

Soul4ger

sp0rsk said:
well, all 3 series exist in america in some fasion. so its highly probable this game will arrive in the states.

Could be dangerous, though, especially considering what 4KIDS might do with One Piece in the long run. :(

Mugen

Banned
Holy shit Killer App. I haven't bought a hanheld since the Brick... I'm fucking buying this the first time it comes out.

Mama Smurf

Well I had mentioned I'm from the UK in the thread. But ok.

Soul4ger said:
Yeah. They bought a ton of American Idol games over there. Teeth are really bad, too. Priorities are really mixed up.

:lol

And it's Pop Idol.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Jesus christ, talk about killer app, japan's 3 biggest icons thats non-mech related under one roof. If this is developed by nintendo, that would be weird, Nintendo tackling one piece, naruto and DBZ all at once.

Culex

Banned
Just imagine the sales if this game launched with the DS (and this rumor is true). Holy hell! @ _ @

Ah, it's safe to say that all of Japan has orgasmed over this news! :lol

But yeah, I'll hold my judgement on whether to buy it for myself when I see the game. As I particularly dislike those animes. D:

truesayian said:
His henge jutsu has yet to be defeted... ( the one when he has all of his clones do the sexy no jutsu..)

I think you mean Harem no jutsu ;)

Oh and yes, Nintendo wins the handheld war.

Top Bottom