• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jun Senoue to be at TGS, + Sonic Heroes USA Soundtrack info!

Raxel

As always I don't expect any replies, but here goes :D

Jun Senoue will be at the TGS show on the 26th September! I have no further details as of yet, but I will update the thread when new info becomes available.

Additionally, Geneon have released details of the upcoming Sonic Heroes soundtrack, check them out at http://www.geneonanimemusic.com/products/sonic.htm if you're interested!

aku:jiki

If anyone purchases the Sonic Heroes OST to actually listen to it, that must clearly be a sign that the end of the world is coming.

aku:jiki said:
If anyone purchases the Sonic Heroes OST to actually listen to it, that must clearly be a sign that the end of the world is coming.
Oops. I bought the Triple Threat OST and the vocal collection. And what's this? I also bought the Vocal Collection for Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Adventure! What's that noise? The sound of you kissing my Senoue lovin' ass!

belgurdo

Banned
aku:jiki said:

Having taste in decent sounding music is a sign of the apocalypse?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
So you four must the the FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE?

Damn aku:jiki might have been on to something. ;)

EDIT: So does this mean he will have a mini-concert at TGS? That'd be pretty cool.

The Chaos theme from Heroes was great. I'd love to see a live show with them going through Live n' Learn and some other classics.

Could someone please list all the games Jun Senoue has worked on? I'm not too familiar with his work, but I did like the tracks from Sonic Adventure 1. Did he do anything before that in the Saturn/Genesis era?

Raxel

FortNinety said:
Could someone please list all the games Jun Senoue has worked on? I'm not too familiar with his work, but I did like the tracks from Sonic Adventure 1. Did he do anything before that in the Saturn/Genesis era?

Sonic Heroes
Format PC, Xbox, Gamecube & PS2
Job Sound direction, music production and voice overs

Sonic Adventure DX
Format Gamecube & PC

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Format Gamecube

Sonic Adventure 2
Format Dreamcast

Space Channel 5
Format Dreamcast
Job Music Production Aid

Sonic Adventure International
Format Dreamcast
Job Voice overs

Sonic Adventure
Format Dreamcast

EA Sports NASCAR Arcade
Format Arcade
Job Music production

Sega Rally 2
Format Arcade
Job Music production

Sega Worldwide Soccer '98
Format Saturn
Job Music production

J-League Victory Goal '97
Format Saturn
Job Music production

Victory Goal '96
Format Saturn
Job Music and SE production

Sega International Victory Goal
Format Saturn

Victory Goal Worldwide Edition
Format Saturn

Victory Goal
Format Saturn

Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition
Format Saturn

F1 Live Information
Format Saturn
Job Voice File

In the Hunt
Format Saturn
Job Music production

Metal Head
Format 32X

Formula 1: Beyond the Limit
Format Mega CD

Dark Wizard
Format Mega CD
Job Music production aid

Sega Game Can Collection Volume 1 & 2
Format Mega CD
Job Music production and arrangement

Sonic 3D Blast
Format MegaDrive
Job Music production

Sonic & Knuckles
Format MegaDrive
Job Music production

Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Format MegaDrive
Job Music production

Priz

heh, I met him back when he worked at Sega of America at E3. I had no idea he had a website dedicated to him.

A few months back, I also met Hirofumi Murasaki... really nice guy from Wavemaster...

I'd like to ask a bunch of the wavemaster guys to come over and do a panel/mini-concert, but...

WarPig

VICTORY GOAL, MOTHERFUCKERS.

The theme to Victory Goal '96 is pure fucking art. One of the best Takenobu tracks ever.

DFS.

robot

WarPig said:

The theme to Victory Goal '96 is pure fucking art. One of the best Takenobu tracks ever.

DFS.

Was Victory Goal '96 called Worldwide Soccer in the U.S(saturn)?
Cause that game had an awesome soundtrack.

WarPig

robot said:
Was Victory Goal '96 called Worldwide Soccer in the U.S(saturn)?
Cause that game had an awesome soundtrack.
It looks like Victory Goal '96 never came out in the US. Worldwide Soccer was the original Victory Goal.

It's '96 that has the bitchin' theme song, though. "The Sky Continuing Towards the Future." Cool cover version on the new Segarocks album, too.

DFS.

Whoa, that actually sounds like a pretty good soundtrack. If it hasn't already been said, Jun Senoue is the frickin' man.

BTW, thanks to everybody for refraining from the obligatory Sonic Heroes-bashing.

WarPig

Well, this thread focuses on the game's strengths. Everything else about it may be ass, but the soundtrack's a peach.

DFS.

SonicMegaDrive said:
Whoa, that actually sounds like a pretty good soundtrack. If it hasn't already been said, Jun Senoue is the frickin' man.

BTW, thanks to everybody for refraining from the obligatory Sonic Heroes-bashing.
Dude, the Heroes soundtrack is fantastic. It's normally people who haven't invested any time in the game that bash it.

Call me crazy, but I always liked the music from Sonic 3/&Knuckles more than 1 or 2. Plus I've been a big fan of Sega Rally music. Funny how I've been a fan of Senoue for years and not know it!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
FortNinety said:
Call me crazy, but I always liked the music from Sonic 3/&Knuckles more than 1 or 2. Plus I've been a big fan of Sega Rally music. Funny how I've been a fan of Senoue for years and not know it!

I enjoyed those more than Sonic 1, but Sonic 2's soundtrack is my favorite of the Genesis games. S3&K has some GREAT tunes, thouogh...

Raxel

WarPig said:

DFS.

Jun sent me a copy of the soundtrack, it's badass :) I love the instrumentals too, great stuff.

Top Bottom