• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The thing that made Cena/Owens better was the fact that the match had a good pace from beginning to end. People complaining about the "spam finishers' would hate promotions like NJPW or ROH because that's all you are going to see. Owens always wrestled with power moves and he made Cena look good throughout the match. Plus the fact that Cena was showing heel tendencies are the icing on the cake. They told a better story than Rollins/Ambrose which felt good but dated. The match got interesting when Rollins was trying to kill Ambrose, but Ambrose fucked the story up by trying to get on the ladder to have that stupid finish.

It would have been better if Rollins incapacitate Ambrose to the point he's pretty much out of it, so he can easily get the belt.

The problem with the Ambrose/Rollins match is that its a 40 minute long summary of the entire angle, which is that Ambrose gets hosed at every PPV, the entire thing at EC had no meaning since he never actually won the championship, and Rollins is still a chickenshit who can't convincingly beat anyone.

Is that you Brian Mann?

I don't know (or care, really) who that is. Sorry I'm not carny enough for you.

There's nothing more pro wrestling than a guy known for fuck finishes dying and the company paying tribute by having over half the next show that's paid for end in only fuck finishes

9KFKjqo.gif

RP912

Banned
The problem with the Ambrose/Rollins match is that its a 40 minute long summary of the entire angle, which is that Ambrose gets hosed at every PPV, the entire thing at EC had no meaning since he never actually won the championship, and Rollins is still a chickenshit who can't convincingly beat anyone.

I don't know (or care, really) who that is. Sorry I'm not carny enough for you.

It shouldn't have been that way though. I see what they were trying to do, but the match had a terrible execution.

The thing that made Cena/Owens better was the fact that the match had a good pace from beginning to end. People complaining about the "spam finishers' would hate promotions like NJPW or ROH because that's all you are going to see.

Lots of ROH matches have the same issues as Cena / Owens but better New Japan heavyweights avoid them in several ways:

1. The selling is better. After too many of of the big spots in Cena / Owens the guy taking the move would be back in offense in 30 seconds. In good NJPW matches one guy has to take control, do some transition moves and then hit his big stuff. Not just fire back and forth.

2. The moves build to a climax. There wasn't anything that told the audience that the springboard stunner into the AA would end the match. It was just the final combination after a ton of back and forth the didn't really build up.

Aiii

So not worth it
11/10/15 folks...Bethesda shut down E3. I'm good for the week.

Did they?

They showed Doom, which was awesome, but after that we got an AC clone, a WoW clone, a Hearthstone clone, a iOS exclusive mobile game (booo, I was legit hyped for that game) and Fallout 4, which showed a ton of gameplay elements we know from other games, looks decent, but not spectacular, still with character models that show no facial emotions, despite most games doing this since 2007 or something...

I dunno, I found it to be rather weak aside from the Doom and Fallout 4 2015 releasedate.

RP912

Banned
Lots of ROH matches have the same issues as Cena / Owens but better New Japan heavyweights avoid them in several ways:

1. The selling is better. After too many of of the big spots in Cena / Owens the guy taking the move would be back in offense in 30 seconds. In good NJPW matches one guy has to take control, do some transition moves and then hit his big stuff. Not just fire back and forth.

2. The moves build to a climax. There wasn't anything that told the audience that the springboard stunner into the AA would end the match. It was just the final combination after a ton of back and forth the didn't really build up.

Yeah I wasn't too keen on that finish at all, but at least it was good for WWE standards. We all know they will never match the art of storytelling like in NJPW, but it's a good try with Cena/Owens tonight.

Did they?

They showed Doom, which was awesome, but after that we got an AC clone, a WoW clone, a Hearthstone clone, a iOS exclusive mobile game (booo, I was legit hyped for that game) and Fallout 4, which showed a ton of gameplay elements we know from other games, looks decent, but not spectacular, still with character models that show no facial emotions, despite most games doing this since 2007 or something...

I dunno, I found it to be rather weak aside from the Doom and Fallout 4 2015 releasedate.

Dishonoree s way better than assassins creed

RP912

Banned
Did they?

It look great to me. I know it's not all wow Next Gen, but the lighting and textures are a helluva lot better than the previous games. Plus the customization and crafting is a huge plus for me. I enjoyed the presentation for what it was, let's face it...the presentations after Bethesda are going to show the same type of shit and a few games that'll make people go nuts over.

BTW Doom 4 looks boring as hell in a strange way.

Fox318

I'm watching the giantbomb stream of the Bethesda show.

Alex should find a new job. I don't think he could get excited about games if he tried.

Sabucin

Yes. I think that WWE has a problem with finishing matches.

It seems like they prefer "the surprise factor" to the "logical ending".

Also, the springboard execution/selling looked like shit.

gurudyne

Did they?

I agree with most of this. Dishonoured 2 looks fine, but haven't played the first. Bethesda's Fallout will be fine (glad they added something to the system that allows garbage items like alarm clocks to actually be useful) but I was looking for something that showed an improvement in the quality of writing from F3. Game art and new mechanics look nice, but aside from all the hype those two things bring with them, not seeing anything that distinguishes F4 from being another Bethesda game that's impressive up front but followed shortly by Bethesda fatigue (as someone else put it).

And iOS exclusive? In 2015?

RP912

Banned
The thing with Doom 4 was the fact that the guy playing it made the game looked dull. It was bad enough I got the impression of "been there/done that" throughout the whole presentation. Honestly, the game giving me Rage vibes. I know the game was the prototype to Doom 4, but still I can't shake it.

gurudyne

The cynicism and hate towards Doom makes me sad. The game looks like fun :\

It was a mixed bag with me. Gameplay looks fun, with speedy movement and nice responsiveness. Modes and customizability are nice, too. (My immediate thought was to recreate the Temple map from Goldeneye/Perfect Dark.) I wonder how well the first-person melee executions will flow in the middle of a firefight. Good graphics (loved the water and the blood trail--they looked very detailed, translucent reflections on the water) but the art design makes me think it'll be boring to look at for more than five minutes. Lots of grey, with red light off of molten whatever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The cynicism and hate towards Doom makes me sad. The game looks like fun :\

iD is the WWE of video game companies at this point. They got to prove themselves to me first.

In terms of what was shown today Mario Maker > Fallout 4 > Doom > whatever else. Doom's saving grace was how nice it looked(and how it'll look nothing like that when it launches. The style reminded me of if FMV style games were for real, weirdly.) Fallout just looked like Fallout, for better or worse.

Zero interest in another Dishonored.
Wait for the game to come out. Wolfenstien was great.

iD isn't Machine Games/Starbreeze

Didnt watch MITB but Sheamus won the title shot and Owens has joined the list of peoples careers ruined by jobbing Cena?

GG WWE. You are really going places.

DMczaf

I'm too damn old to overthink these game reveals anymore. I rarely analyze this shit now. Ain't nobody got time for that!

I just want a fun Doom game. This looks fun. They got me.

Barrage

PPV was fantastic. In terms of match quality? Great. Anyone crying is upset for the most childish possible reason, AKA that their "favourite" didn't win.

DMczaf

Really feels like they overthought the ending of the title match though. Should have ended with Seth going on his murderous rampage on Dean. It's ok to have just 1 guy go over, Vince! NXT does it all the time!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nikki has had the Divas championship for over 200 days.

Can anyone remember anything that happened during those 200 days?

Top Bottom