• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Guess who watched MITB at a friends house last night

11406699_10153531525786833_2003033489057165435_n.jpg

DMczaf

It's that time of the year, guys. It's E3. All I ask is that you protect the business, and not allow our GIFs to be exploited for kideo games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any time they have DDP at a beach or doing the spring break shit it's just creepy as fuck

also I was watching Greed 2001 and holy fuck I forgot how ugly the cruiserweight tag titles was
WCW_Cruiserweight_Tag_Team_Championship.jpeg

PInk Tape

Banned
Any time they have DDP at a beach or doing the spring break shit it's just creepy as fuck

also I was watching Greed 2001 and holy fuck I forgot how ugly the cruiserweight tag titles was
WCW_Cruiserweight_Tag_Team_Championship.jpeg

They look like generic semi-counterfeit wrestling belts that you'd get from Mexico or something.

Kaladin

After a long weekend camping for my birthday (34!) I sat down to watch the PPV last night.

I tapped out somewhere around the divas match. So I've seen Owens vs Cena II this morning and I think it was great. Owens is still Cena's equal and the attack at the end pushes him more into heel territory.

I look forward to the conclusion of the trilogy.

Fox318

Nikki has had the Divas championship for over 200 days.

Can anyone remember anything that happened during those 200 days?

Nikki had more tag matches than title defenses.

#givedivasachance started with fans being upset by the treatment of women as a show and from a financial perspective and then after the Bellas got on the air nobody gave a shit.

I liked the Owens-Cena match. The irony of it was that Cena's "Never Give Up" catchphrase was that Owens never gave up, kicking out at 2 more than Cena (I think), thus making John frustrated.

Kaladin

I liked the Owens-Cena match. The irony of it was that Cena's "Never Give Up" catchphrase was that Owens never gave up, kicking out at 2 more than Cena (I think), thus making John frustrated.

Yeah, that and Owens pushed John to do things he has never done before, which is something usually reserved for someone like The Rock or Brock Lesnar.

They gave Cena the win while keeping Owens strong, and on the level of some of his biggest opponents.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, that and Owens pushed John to do things he has never done before, which is something usually reserved for someone like The Rock or Brock Lesnar.

They gave Cena the win while keeping Owens strong, and on the level of some of his biggest opponents.

Still think Owens needs to win the feud in the end, though. It's time to pass the torch, John. You're long overdue for it.

Kaladin

Still think Owens needs to win the feud in the end, though. It's time to pass the torch, John. You're long overdue for it.

Definitely, but it feels like they're building to that. They did more work to put Owens on Cena's level in the ring than they have with a lot of people.

Sephzilla

I think they're setting up Owens taking the US Title from Cena. I doubt Owens keeps NXT title beyond July 4th, and at this point I'd like The Authority to step in and tell Cena that Owens has earned a US Title shot. Owens losing both the NXT Title and not getting the US Title within a month would be devastating for his momentum

I feel like Ambrose could have done a better tribute to Dusty by just cutting a really good Dean Ambrose promo instead of a bad, kinda nonsensical Dusty promo. (Walking to work on a technicality? What? Not exactly pop replaced by a computer.)

Sephzilla

Owens vs Cena is absolutely the feud of the year so far in my opinion. Promo work has been pretty good in my opinion, and their matches (despite being finisher spam) have had me at the edge of my seat both times. These guys have incredible chemistry together.

Fox318

I think they're setting up Owens taking the US Title from Cena. I doubt Owens keeps NXT title beyond July 4th, and at this point I'd like The Authority to step in and tell Cena that Owens has earned a US Title shot. Owens losing both the NXT Title and not getting the US Title within a month would be devastating for his momentum

Nah there were rumors they were working on a new Cena us belt to sell to kids.

Cena ain't losing that title to anyone.

jmdajr

Owens vs Cena is absolutely the feud of the year so far in my opinion. Promo work has been pretty good in my opinion, and their matches (despite being finisher spam) have had me at the edge of my seat both times. These guys have incredible chemistry together.

Si

Sephzilla

TIME TO SHOOT - The Last Guardian will be one of the most disappointing games in the last decade if it ever comes out

Nah there were rumors they were working on a new Cena us belt to sell to kids.

Cena ain't losing that title to anyone.

I don't think he holds that US Title past SummerSlam. He needs to tie Flair yet, after all. Shaemus is going to cash in at some point, win the belt, and Cena will trot out saying Shaemus didn't earn it.

Cagey

Banned
Cena Style is a slower ROH style, where there's at least pinfalls before popping up to land another haymaker. Owens has the ROH style.

The style of match has been totally unsurprising and it's been pretty damn good if you tell yourself "I'm getting a Cena-ROH match". Thankfully not every match is this sort of extreme so it's been good.

Cena needs to stop using the stunner. It never hits and the guy selling it looks like an idiot.

Even the commentary has no idea if he hit it or not

Sephzilla

Nobody cares enough about Shaemus for him to get any heat.

I thought a heel run would revive my interest in him but he's still as boring as absolute fuck even as a heel.

Sephzilla

EDIT - Also, I'm emotionally unbalanced right now. Those FF7 Remake rumors went straight to the heart.

Reigns should have won. No need to be fucking around just for swerves.

I was honestly perfectly okay with him winning. Shaemus was literally the last person I wanted to win that match, at least Kane winning would give us an interesting dynamic in The Authority angle. Now Roman's stuck in the Brayverse

Looks great.

Those World Championship levels had me wondering what is real life anymore. All of my childhood knowledge of the rules of Mario games were torn up and thrown out the window.

In any case that was the most limp dick Money in the Bank match I've ever seen, devoid of decent structure, any interesting spots and an anticlimactic finish won by the guy that rakes in the most indifference of the participants.
Between that and the Elimination Chamber WWE has seemingly lost the ability to pull off these multi man matches.

Cagey

Banned
The Witcher 3 is too complicated. I barely touch 90% of the game mechanics.

Square could make an FF7 remake and have it be limited edition only and charge $300 and I'd buy day zero and then take a week off work to play. I'm an adult.

Kaladin

I think the enjoyment of the Money In The Bank match has worn it's welcome. Sure, it can be a fun clusterfuck of a match, but we've also seen that it can be by-the-numbers boring....and the wrong guy winning it can ruin the rest of the match.

I like the idea of having a money in the bank gimmick though that keeps champions at the alert, but they need to change the money in the bank match type somehow. I'd say make a tournament that runs all summer and culminates at SS, but WWE is against tournaments.....so time to bring back the Armageddon Hell In A Cell?

Sephzilla

They need to move MITB back to WrestleMania. It doesn't work as its own PPV, especially when it's not the main event of the PPV that shares the same name.

Square could make an FF7 remake and have it be limited edition only and charge $300 and I'd buy day zero and then take a week off work to play. I'm an adult.

I'd legitimately consider taking a week off for an FF7 remake

klonere

Banned
The Witcher 3 is too complicated. I barely touch 90% of the game mechanics.

Final Fantasy 7 has as much moving parts as The Witcher 3!

As someone who saw the FF7 PS3 Tech demo live, I've stopped caring about a FF7 remake a long time ago. I don't want more fucking remakes.

Fox318

TIME TO SHOOT - The Last Guardian will be one of the most disappointing games in the last decade if it ever comes out

I don't think he holds that US Title past SummerSlam. He needs to tie Flair yet, after all. Shaemus is going to cash in at some point, win the belt, and Cena will trot out saying Shaemus didn't earn it.

Only way Cena gets that win is at mania.

I feel like the MitB finally reached its logical conclusion with a Wrestlemania cash in, they've pretty much done all the interesting things they can with the concept at this point.
I'd just drop the whole thing entirely for a while if I'm honest, it doesn't help that most reigns gained from a cash in are among the weakest of the modern era.

Sephzilla

Only way Cena gets that win is at mania.

Nah, that's going to be saved for when Cena breaks the record

I feel like the MitB finally reached its logical conclusion with a Wrestlemania cash in, they've pretty much done all the interesting things they can with the concept at this point.
I'd just drop the whole thing entirely for a while if I'm honest, it doesn't help that most reigns gained from a cash in are among the weakest of the modern era.

This too.

And honestly, why the fuck wasn't Shaemus cashing in last night when Dean and Ambrose were basically killing themselves?

klonere

Banned

remember the WWE's company motto is

latest

latest

latest

Kaladin

Think about this though, if they ended the MITB now......

That would mean Sheamus is the last holder of the briefcase.

Sheamus.....

Thorakai

They missed a golden opportunity with Kofi. Freebird rules cashin would have been great. Each member could sabotage each others attempts at cashing it in.

Cagey

Banned
They need to move MITB back to WrestleMania. It doesn't work as its own PPV, especially when it's not the main event of the PPV that shares the same name.

I'd legitimately consider taking a week off for an FF7 remake
Diablo 3 launched the day I graduated law school. Two friends took a week vacation from work and a third joined us to play a game we had waited 11 years for. We had annual four man, hardcore mode, untwinked runs in Diablo 2. A week holed up in an apartment in NYC playing D3 at launch 18 hours a day.

The best part of being an adult is deciding to be an irresponsible kid.

I would give an FF7 remake similar treatment given how long I've waited.

Kaladin

For E3 this year all I want is nationwide access to Playstation Vue for $49.99.

I would cancel a lot of my on demand services for that in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom