• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

frase-to-be-the-man-you-ve-gotta-beat-the-man-bret-hart-114731.jpg

Sephzilla

Insulting you is one thing and being dumb is another. This clarifies things immensely. But the product placements didn't bother me in the movie at all since it's a god damn theme park. Of course brands all over the world would be up on that shit.

The KFC analogy was kind of a poor one, sorry. The product placement in Jurassic World didn't bug me (it actually made a ton of sense).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Once New Day got over for being annoying, Woods got promoted to spokesperson because he's pretty good at being the really annoying guy.

Also,RE: Charlotte...

On reddit someone posted that she will probably be on the main roster soon. But the new 'leak' guy also posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...lers_nxt_call_up_in_2_weeks/cscvghq?context=3
Once Alicia Fox helped The Bella Twins, it was all but confirmed for that storyline.

Becky Lynch seems like the next top candidate, having vanished from TV - she didn't wrestle at the recent NXT tapings.

She's been seemingly injured since June 11th, maybe it's just a break before she gets called up? Who knows. Signs point to injury, but I'd love to be wrong.

Striker

Big E is the type of guy who needs a Heenan/Heyman/Cornette/Colter etc. type mouth piece. And some sense of direction, but that isn't gonna happen.

klonere

Banned
Big E is the type of guy who needs a Heenan/Heyman/Cornette/Colter etc. type mouth piece. And some sense of direction, but that isn't gonna happen.

Big E could do fine on his own but I think as a singles performer there is no way WWE could write to his strengths on the mic properly. Dude is charismatic and goofy as hell.

Basically he needs to not be scripted. Like a lot of people on the roster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, I'm not really wanting to see Papa Powerbomb or Rusev against Lesnar. As good as they can be, I prefer Lesnar working with someone significantly more slender.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All I'm saying is the two moves I associate with Dean Ambrose are wet-noodle punches and the fake-falling through the ropes move. That's not exactly a diverse moveset.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who would you say is Kane's best opponent that he has the best chemistry with? I'm shying away from Taker because I feel that's mostly due to character, not actual in-ring chemistry.

Who would you say is Kane's best opponent that he has the best chemistry with? I'm shying away from Taker because I feel that's mostly due to character, not actual in-ring chemistry.

Tough question even for me, Kane's never been one who particularly gelled that well with any one opponent which is why I consider him to have a four star ceiling for matches.
And it's hard to think back to his better days so for some more modern choices...

Daniel Bryan: Hard to tell if this is a Team Hell No effect mixed with the fact it's Daniel Bryan and I'm sure that some are still griping about Bryan's only title defence being against Kane.
None the less Bryan got good stuff out of an aged machine, Bryan's relentless underdog style works well against the "unstoppable" monster.
When Kane was first inserted into the Bryan/Punk stuff a few years back people expected the worst I'm sure but I found he meshed quite well with both men I thought.
Not mat classics but the two could be quite reliable, maybe that's why a returning Bryan was shoved in many safe matches against corporate Kane earlier this year.

In any case just consider that Kane is a significant part of Bryan's WWE career.

Randy Orton: when given something to work with I thought these two were surprisingly solid together, of course Orton is one of those guys who tend to fare well with most people but honestly I think most were expecting something of a shit show at WM28 but all things considered I thought that match and some of the others in that feud went better than I expected.
And they feuded over a handshake, that's greatness right there.

Going back further would require me to rewatch a whole bunch of Kane stuff and honestly he's one of those guys whose best single matches come down to his opponent more often than not (Angle WMX8, HBK Unforgiven 2004, Benoit Bad Blood 2004, HHH Judgement Day 2001 come to mind).
Edge might be a solid choice thinking back to 2005 at least.

What's going to sound like a backhanded compliment here is me saying that he adds a a lot to multi man matches because he can play the disruptive role really well, it also helps that he can be versatile for a big man so when you shove him in a ladder match he manages to slot in well among everyone else.

Top Bottom