• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

We did I brother Bionic.

This is the greatest night in the history of our sports entertainment, friend.

a0iiHfO.gif

UberTag

There is a very big chance Cena loses at Summerslam...assuming he is booked to destroy Brock at Wrestlemania.
Reigns is booked to destroy Brock at Mania. Possibly after that valiant Daniel Bryan comes back and makes valiant attempts at reclaiming his title and failing. (But it's OK, folks... we'll get a Cesaro-Bryan feud out of it.)

Tried? I just broke my 6 month commitment. The WWE can't do anything about it.

Which is why the WWE will continue to appeal to people who actually spend money on their product, instead of going through the trouble of changing their credit card number to avoid a $10/month charge.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Expected. Not even mad due to the predictability of it.

Remember, guys...this is probably leading to Cena getting fed to Lesnar at Summerslam. That is surely the only way this can/will be salvaged.
So? Cena will just win again soon after that.

It makes no difference what happens. Cena will win again.

zychi

Banned
There is a very big chance Cena loses at Summerslam...assuming he is booked to destroy Brock at Wrestlemania.

One of the two.

Best case is Lesnar gets his win at Summerslam and then fucks off leaving Cena to hold that L and face ... oh I don't know, let's say Del Rio.
You seem to forget bootista is under contract and has a movie in august. Lesnar won't win anything, he has no reason to. Lesnar doesn't sell PPVs. Brock v rock at wm is more likely then cena v brock

Marks not seeing the big picture like usual.

somedevil

Um, it's more than that? CM Punk gone, DBry gone, bleak outlook for another Dbry push, holding back other talent for Cena.

Bryan is getting a push when he gets back but when is the question? Also, I'm probably staying because Steen, Devitt and KENTA are going to be in NXT very soon.

Phatmac

Cena should come out and be a great heel the heat he keeps getting is so big at times. But it'll just be the same old Cena.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You guys seriously think Brock won't beat Cena?

They just had Brock break Taker's streak. Cena will go down like a chump at Summerslam.

RP912

Banned
I don't really care for the current stuff after watching a couple ppvs, but they still don't have fucking nitro or attitude raws up yet.

nitro is around the corner since they starting to put on 1995 raws. Especially during July when the Monday Night Wars special is suppose to come on.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Cena vs. Bork is money
Stop being marks. Blame David the Gnome for going on vacation and having the worst title reign ever and being hurt, don't blame the hero of wrestling, John boy.

TL21xx

Banned
Ending aside, I actually really enjoyed that match. Glad it's not Reigns, since he showed he's worse than Cena as far as movesets go, and felt super green in this match. Props to Orton for getting through the match, that gash was nasty. Finally has my full respect after that.

Decent event, though the filler matches were VERY lacking. Enjoyed Goldy and Stardust and the Briefcase match the most. The Rollins/Ambrose feud is awesome.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cena vs. Bork is money
Stop being marks. Blame David the Gnome for going on vacation and having the worst title reign ever and being hurt, don't blame the hero of wrestling, John boy.

Agreed. WWE was backed into a corner and did the best possible thing here. Sucks that Daniel Bryan got hurt but they did the right thing here.

Can we talk about the actual good news here: Rowan and Harper dropped that horrendous accordion mix of "He's got the whole world in his hands" and got a 15 second CFO$ theme. :D

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You seem to forget bootista is under contract and has a movie in august. Lesnar won't win anything, he has no reason to. Lesnar doesn't sell PPVs. Brock v rock at wm is more likely then cena v brock

Marks not seeing the big picture like usual.

Bork does in fact pop PPV numbers quite a bit.

Not quite as much as Rock does but he's also far cheaper and under contract.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lmao @ this thread's salt. ready for the "I'm not salty tho" lies too. eat your cake.

gurudyne

No push, no momentum. Just " here Cena, belts".

Only other person with momentum in that match is too green yet. Bray's a close second, but he can do better than filler-champ-for-Brock-to-eat and besides--who wants to see Cena-Bray again? Cesaro might have had some heat going in, but WWE bungled the hell out of that these past few months. Sheamus is aimless, Orton's been done too often over the past year, ADR is as over as Adam Rose's hotdog follower, and Kane...Kane's Kane and it's 2014.

AND NOTHING IS GAINED BY HAVING CENA DROP THE BELTS.

Legitimizes Brock some more when he beats Cena clean. No idea who they're giving Brock's eventual loss to. Reins maybe? I can't imagine that match will be good, but then again, neither was the match that broke the streak.

I find it difficult to believe, from a storyline point of view, that the Authority wouldn't be absolutely giddy with the idea of John Cena as champion again for the billionth time. I mean, how much more "establishment" can you get?

The WWE's storyline morality rotates around John Cena's status as perpetual underdog. No matter how much something would make sense in-story, unless John Cena is the most righteous underdog at the top of the card, it can't/won't happen.

UberTag

They just had Brock break Taker's streak. Cena will go down like a chump at Summerslam.
Have they added a table stip to that title match at Summerslam?
Several crooked officials?
Rusev running in and CRUSHING Cena while Lesnar then pins John in a match that makes him look like a coward?
Several Cesaro sneak attacks?
A low blow by Paul Heyman?
A returning CM Punk to lay Cena out?
Triple H calling The Demon Kane to do Brock's bidding?

Because there is no fucking way John Cena is going down like a chump at Summerslam. If he loses, he will look strong and Brock will look weak. Because that's how John Cena rolls.

Toki767

You guys seriously think Brock won't beat Cena?

They let Cena beat Brock after coming back from being gone for like 10 years and being a legitimate UFC champion. There is no guarantee Brock will win.

KissVibes

Banned
Legitimizes Brock some more when he beats Cena clean. No idea who they're giving Brock's eventual loss to. Reins maybe? I can't imagine that match will be good, but then again, neither was the match that broke the streak.

The plan was for Cesaro to turn face and fight Brock Lesnar and Heyman at WM31.

And Cena already ate Brock's lunch. Him winning don't matter.

Nobody remembers Brock's win over Triple H after Mania, just that Triple H beat him on the BIGGEST STAGE OF THEM ALL.

Have they added a table stip to that title match at Summerslam?
Several crooked officials?
Rusev running in and CRUSHING Cena while Lesnar then pins John in a match that makes him look like a coward?
Several Cesaro sneak attacks?
A low blow by Paul Heyman?
A returning CM Punk to lay Cena out?
Triple H calling The Demon Kane to do Brock's bidding?

Because there is no fucking way John Cena is going down like a chump at Summerslam. If he loses, he will look strong and Brock will look weak. Because that's how John Cena rolls.

Yes, I mean, John Cena has never lost clean at Summerslam. That has never happened. And no, being shoot injured doesn't count.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bork is losing to Bryan, the question is when.

If they can get Rock for Mania he'll drop it at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble. If they can't then they'll push it to Mania.

Top Bottom