• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Don't leave me!

I walk alone.

p36o42p.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I really dislike everything about Ziggler. His bumping and selling is designed to make him look good, not his opponents. His actual selling is garbage and nearly non existent. He has no idea what to do on offense. His promo work is iffy at best, where he either repeats himself constantly, tries to act, or just screams shooty shit. Then he'll go on Twitter to say that his promo was fucking amazing and everyone should watch it to see how it is REALLY done.

That's not something a great promo guy would say. He wouldn't need to, because his great promos speak for themselves.

Great signal for Youtube, but not good enough to call 911. Mad Ox being berried by Big Cell.

ASSESS AND ATTACK
ASSESS AND ATTACK

Wait....a match with Kane? Why are they still trying to make Kane happen? Corporate Kane was alright, but The Demon Kane is just dumb.

Extreme Rules did 107,000 PPV buys. Not bad with the Network, but the international buys were not good which is not a good sign for the Network internationally.

Alucard

Banned
Hayes just flat-out said him and the Freebirds made WCCW what it was and took a bunch of credit for the company's success.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hayes just flat-out said him and the Freebirds made WCCW what it was and took a bunch of credit for the company's success.

I mean... like half of it was them. But the Von Erichs were a draw before the Freebirds feud even happened. The Freebirds were what Fritz marketed. WCCW was a success because Fritz was probably the smartest promoter before Vince in terms of marketing his product.

Alucard

Banned
I mean... like half of it was them. But the Von Erichs were a draw before the Freebirds feud even happened. The Freebirds were what Fritz marketed. WCCW was a success because Fritz was probably the smartest promoter before Vince in terms of marketing his product.

I don't know enough about the company. Does the Network have the whole run?

Alucard

Banned
Also, good for Punk and AJ. I truly wish them the best. No internet smarkiness. Just wish them well as people. They've both worked really hard and deserve some happiness.

strobogo

Banned
Punk has the right idea as far as I'm concerned: Do a bunch of cardio so you never get blown up, but eat whatever you want whenever you want.

I'd much rather be in good cardio shape with my body not being all cut up than be super jacked and cut, but having to be super strict on my diet at all times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What the hell was Jim Neidhart's gimmick supposed to be?

and everyone was right. Scott Norton's twitter is great

Barrett's Injury sounds really bad (from F4WOnline):

It's far too easy to write that I'm afraid I've got some bad news, but Bad News Barrett, after getting on a roll with his catch phrase and IC title win, suffered a shoulder injury tonight in Pittsburgh.

We don't have details, but Barrett suffered an injury that seemed to be serious. He was wrestlling Dean Ambrose, but was thrown hard into the barricade by Jack Swagger. He was clutching his shoulder and swearing loudly, very similar to when he had an injury that required surgery a few years ago. An "X" was thrown up immdiately and medics came out and helped him to the back.

somedevil

Extreme Rules did 107,000 PPV buys. Not bad with the Network, but the international buys were not good which is not a good sign for the Network internationally.

Its down 32,000 from last year but how many of those have the network already is the question.

edit: Swagger injuring someone again

UberTag

Barrett's Injury sounds really bad (from F4WOnline):
Hopefully it winds up being only as serious as Epico's injury was and he's on the shelf for only a month.

It's unfortunate given the kind of match he had with Ziggles on Monday.
Clearly he's out of that contract ladder match now too which pretty much telegraphs the Rollins-Ambrose finish more than it already was.

Swagger's on borrowed time.

strobogo

Banned
Punk looks like a dude who runs 3 times a week, goes to the gym once a week, and eats pizza/deli sandwiches all week and feels pretty good about it. That's the way to to do it. Edge and Sunny can want to be huge and muscley, and I respect their choice, and I respect your choice not to agree with their choice, but gosh darn it, I respect it. I would much prefer to be on the Punk regimen. If your belly has a little jiggle, but doesn't hang over your pants and roll up, that's fine to me.

Do cardio a few times a week, don't eat outrageously bad, lift weights once a week. It's the way to live, in my opinion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Zodiac would totally be a NXT gimmick. And it would make it to the main roster too.
and completely flounder

goddamn i hate i fuckin hate Swagger. zero charisma, zero promo skills, his body looks like a damn ape stuck mid-evolution, barely passable inside the ring.

i hate him more than i hate Ziggler.

Smackdown is Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns

* Roman Reigns vs. Kane ends in a DQ when Randy Orton interrupts right before Reigns spears Kane. Reigns spears Orton instead. Kane chokeslammed Reigns and set up a ladder. He allowed Orton to climb up and pose with the titles. Orton goes to punt Reigns but gets speared. Kane also gets speared. Reigns poses with the titles to end SmackDown.

It's funny how people have been saying for years Swagger's a jackass who doesn't deserve to be there and keeps hurting people while there, yet they still employ him even though he embarrasses them constantly

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Smackdown is Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns

* Roman Reigns vs. Kane ends in a DQ when Randy Orton interrupts right before Reigns spears Kane. Reigns spears Orton instead. Kane chokeslammed Reigns and set up a ladder. He allowed Orton to climb up and pose with the titles. Orton goes to punt Reigns but gets speared. Kane also gets speared. Reigns poses with the titles to end SmackDown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0eJY95rMY
It's funny how people have been saying for years Swagger's a jackass who doesn't deserve to be there and keeps hurting people while there, yet they still employ him even though he embarrasses them constantly

Victoria did the same thing and they kept her around forever.

Sblargh

Banned
Watching The Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling. One of the talking heads just said "We didn't have any gimmicks. We were just ourselves. That was our gimmick."

I really believe this can work today. I also believe it's what people actually want more of in 2014. I don't mean that everyone should be generic and angry ala TNA, but just show the wrestlers as real people.

#GlobalForceHOPE

If I'm remembering it right, the talking head in question is the surviving Von Erich (Kevin?) and he was talking about himself and his brothers. The territory itself had gimmicks, they weren't cartoonish and over the top, but there were characters. What he was saying is that they were in an unique position to not have gimmicks, because brothers wrestlers from a wrestling family was already who they were.

Some people work better being themselves, no doubt about that and everyone seems to work better when at least a portion of the character is based on what they really are (even Barrett was saying that Cody suggested the Bad News gimmick based on how he acts in the locker room); but don't take my cartoon character from me, mang. :,(
I mean, would you sacrifice poor Captain New Japan?

Edit: Not that I don't think a spear isn't a cool move. But who came up with the notion that it was such a cool move that it was ok to repeat it a lot of times in a row?

UberTag

goddamn i hate i fuck hate Swagger. zero charisma, zero promo skills, his body looks like a damn ape stuck mid-evolution, barely passable inside the ring.

i hate him more than i hate Ziggler.
I'm not sure anybody likes Swagger.

His entrance theme? Sure.
Zeb? Most assuredly.
The Real American gimmick? Gold.
Chanting "We the People"? Lots of fun.
Chavo as the Swagger Soaring Eagle? Adam Rose's bunny has nothing on him.

But Swagger the Man? The Wrestler? The Crippler? He can go to TNA and get put over Samoa Joe. Nobody will miss him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean, would you sacrifice poor Captain New Japan?

Happily. The only real 'gimmicks' in NJPW that have any sort of value, whether I like it or not, are Okada, Nakamura, and Yujiro. Jado if you count him, but I'm pretty sure he's like that irl.

Top Bottom