• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Welp nice push Barrett. See you in a while.

It's his time.
tumblr_n7ooqtfNFb1tpq2s4o1_400.gif

Laserfrog

At least Cena is chuckling to himself at the end of that promo, as long as he finds it funny then it's fine. We're not as important as him and therefore don't need to be entertained.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At least Cena is chuckling to himself at the end of that promo, as long as he finds it funny then it's fine. We're not as important as him and therefore don't need to be entertained.

True. The only babyface that has ever felt it necessary to tell us it's ok that we boo him. That we need his permission.

strobogo

Banned
Poor BNB. Sucks for Swagger, too, since I'm sure it was just a freak accident. Maybe Wade has weak ass shoulders like Orton.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Outtanowhere finishers are pretty much the thing that WWE runs into the ground more than anything else. 'How many ways can we set up this guys finisher to be OUTTNOWHERE' It's like a fucking video game

I miss a guy just lifting up a limp opponent and hitting him with his finisher.

somedevil

From Konnan on MLW about Sheamus run ins with Sin Cara and Yoshi tatsu:

Konnan then spoke about Sheamus' incident with Sin Cara, better known as Hunico, referring to an alleged backstage fight between the two in May. The former WCW star said Sin Cara got the better of Sheamus, and the Celtic Warrior tried to "cover it up like it was nothing."

Apparently, Sin Cara had a problem with Drew McIntyre, accusing him of shaking hands with the bigger and leading guys in the back, and not the others. Konnan related it to the incident involving Batista and Booker T of the same nature.

According to Konnan, a few days later in the trainer's arena, Sheamus walked by Sin Cara, who was lying on the bed, and made a remark saying he was more important than him. He told him to get off, and that he needed to be attended to. After getting up and "calling him out," Konnan said that Sheamus threw the first punch and then had his legs swept by Sin Cara, while getting punched seconds later.

"He said when he got called out, he said he thought Hunico was playing," Konnan said. "He said that out loud, and I'm thinking to myself, then why did he throw the first punch?"

Konnan then was asked about Sheamus' fight with Yoshi Tatsu before they made it to the main roster, and the Cuban wrestler said Sheamus had asked him to borrow some money. Konnan said Tatsu kept asking him for the money back repeatedly, and kept getting an excuse. He didn't know if they were roommates or if Tatsu showed up at his door, but Konnan said he "slapped the shit out of him" after approaching him one last time. The co-host confirmed after hearing the story from Tatsu backstage, he ended up getting his money back.

Sin Cara with the mortal kombat leg sweep

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jim Duggan is in the Hall of Fame.
Jim fucking Duggan.

Might as well have just inducted the flag and the 2x4. They did more work than Duggan's ass ever did.
arnddtdujh0.gif

From Konnan on MLW about Sheamus run ins with Sin Cara and Yoshi tatsu:

Sin Cara with the mortal kombat leg sweep

'Beat yo ass like you owe me money'

Vylash

Outtanowhere finishers are pretty much the thing that WWE runs into the ground more than anything else. 'How many ways can we set up this guys finisher to be OUTTNOWHERE' It's like a fucking video game

I miss a guy just lifting up a limp opponent and hitting him with his finisher.

ii137hlf3SLno.gif

Sblargh

Banned
Out of nowhere finishers is like mashing ultra on wake up, except you can become the world champion by doing it a lot. Wrestling needs a counter system like a parry or something.
-
It's really a shame about BNB. WWE feels like it is crumbling, but it probably felt like this many times before.

Oh, balls. BNB was one of the few people I like to watch, and I liked that he was the IC Champion. Why can't John Cena or one of the boring guys get an injury for a while instead...it's always the good guys...

Was injury the reason BNB was only doing those podium segments a few months ago? I drifted back in around the Royal Rumble for the first time since about 2000, so I didn't even think he was a proper wrestler for a while.

Vylash

Was injury the reason BNB was only doing those podium segments a few months ago? I drifted back in around the Royal Rumble for the first time since about 2000, so I didn't even think he was a proper wrestler for a while.

Nope, it was just to introduce the gimmick I guess, he was an active wrestler since mid 2010 i believe

It's doubly a shame cos in terms of memorable and even mildly fun gimmicks, Bad News Barrett is pretty much as good as it gets in the current WWE roster. So many of these guys are just bland muscleboys with normal people names and no distinguishable personality. I mean I don't like how they keep saying 'the demon' Kane (i liked the big red machine...) but even though Kane's super old he at least has an aesthetic to him.

It obviously isn't what they want to do, but I wish they would put more effort into having people with fun gimmicks and good names. The music is all really bland and boring, too.

Commentary. Stat.

That's probably a great idea, if they would let him run his mouth.

Cagey

Banned
Smackdown is Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns

* Roman Reigns vs. Kane ends in a DQ when Randy Orton interrupts right before Reigns spears Kane. Reigns spears Orton instead. Kane chokeslammed Reigns and set up a ladder. He allowed Orton to climb up and pose with the titles. Orton goes to punt Reigns but gets speared. Kane also gets speared. Reigns poses with the titles to end SmackDown.

tumblr_mz5rzuIgXv1rg3folo2_500.gif

Holy shit when did I become a member?! I'm gonna make an OT about butts

I got full membership last week, too. I think it was cos I have over 300 posts, right? Or I dunno what their process is. It's all very mysterious.

By the way, has Kofi ever gotten a push? He's really entertaining.

Vylash

I got full membership last week, too. I think it was cos I have over 300 posts, right? Or I dunno what their process is. It's all very mysterious.

Yes, but Orton stopped it, he's been irrelevant ever since

Kofi was never really entertaining to me, but back in 2009 (I think) during the height of Orton and Legacy's reign of terror Kofi was (for some reason) given a push as the guy to take them out. During this time he displayed a more "aggressive" attitude, doing things like trashing Orton's car and boom dropping him through a table. All was going well until one RAW Kofi missed a punt spot by getting up too early, which Orton had to salvage with an RKO. As you can see, he wasn't very happy about it:
2338872_o.gif

Orton blew up on Kofi to the management after the match, which led to the angle being killed, Orton and Kofi being put on separate brands for a couple of years, and Kofi was permanently put in Jobber Town.

Damn, this BNB news is unfortunate. Dude has bad luck.

Logically, they should just hand the title to the man who took him out and give Swagger a SHOOT INJURER gimmick, and he holds on to the belt forever

Top Bottom