• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Browny

Banned
I feel we should always blame Big Show for everything.

o6q.gif

Just heard about
BNB
- that truly sucks. Honestly when I saw the headline, I thought it was
Orton again

Everyone's getting injured now :(

BNB
Bryan
Me

Well that's about it, BUT THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

he is a worthless bum, this is like the 4th time hes been hurt in less than 2 years, and they release people like drew Macintyre, when he is hands down better wrestler and a lot more dependable than barrett, bring back drew and release that cream puff barrett

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hmmm... Mediocre, skinny fatass, average on the mic but hailed as Godly because he uses the same phrase over and over gets injured by notoriously clumsy wrestler. Where have I seen this before?
10369874.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
he is a worthless bum, this is like the 4th time hes been hurt in less than 2 years, and they release people like drew Macintyre, when he is hands down better wrestler and a lot more dependable than barrett, bring back drew and release that cream puff barrett

There is no chance in hell they'd ever be able to turn Drew into a serious competitor, why on Earth would they keep him employed? Why on Earth would you even want them to?

Aiii

So not worth it
So are you saying they should release Emma?

Emma has been a joke character ever since her debut in NXT, but like Santino, you need some of those around.

Drew was just a joke. Period.

A big difference between people like Emma/Santino/Fandango and Drew/Jinder/JTG is quite simply: The first batch win matches sometimes. The latter never do.

He had nothing going for him until he started using BNB on Raw. I can't speak for everyone else, but he's always been bland as fuck.

I actually find him quite entertaining but like most projects around WWE, he and many others lack any coherent direction. Just like Emma, Paige, Adam Rose and soon Bo. You're not giving anyone angles and reasons why they are who they are. No angles, no commitment to the character. Why should I care? Strictly in kayfabe terms, why do I care?

Oh yeah, I forgot you guys blamed Big Show for what was a complete freak accident.

He had nothing going for him until he started using BNB on Raw. I can't speak for everyone else, but he's always been bland as fuck.

FITE ME IRL

I actually find him quite entertaining but like most projects around WWE, he and many others lack any coherent direction. Just like Emma, Paige, Adam Rose and soon Bo. You're not giving anyone angles and reasons why they are who they are. No angles, no commitment to the character. Why should I care? Strictly in kayfabe terms, why do I care?

It's all about booking that marketable catchphrase now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of my usual tangents, but I was looking up some of my favorite feuds since WWE's recent ones have all been pretty lackluster aside from Triple H/Daniel Bryan(not Authority vs The People) and the first month of Cena/Bray.

Savage vs Jake has got to be the most heated feud of all time. WWF was so cartoony then you tune in to Tuesday in Texas and Survivor Series. You watch Jake's creepy fucking promos. You watch Macho Man completely out of his mind. Not fun crazy anymore but crazy crazy. You watch Jake DDT Macho Man, pick him up, make Elizabeth beg him to stop and then just DDT him again anyways. Which in those days was basically like little Jimmy figured Macho Man was probably in a concussion permanently. Jake smacking Elizabeth. Jake talking about hwo much he loved slapping Elizabeth.

If I saw that as a kid, when I thought it was legit, I don't think my heart could have taken it. Holy shit.

Hasney

Emma has been a joke character ever since her debut in NXT, but like Santino, you need some of those around.

Drew was just a joke. Period.

A big difference between people like Emma/Santino/Fandango and Drew/Jinder/JTG is quite simply: The first batch win matches sometimes. The latter never do.

So then they make them win matches. Simples. The difference between Drew and everyone else on that list is that he already proved he could be a damn good serious threat.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1...wade-barrett-vs-drew-mcintyre-vs-rey-my_sport

From 23 minutes onwards. So fucking good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I get the impression with Harper/Rowan's music that they were going for a Waylon Mercy thing, but they still own the Waylon Mercy theme. And that character was around for like ... a month tops. Why not just reuse the theme and remove the dialogue at the start? It's an awesome theme. and it even has a similar sound to the one they gave Harper/Rowan

And thus begins the Wrasslegaf cycle of "Oh, I always hated that guy."

This week's superstar: BAD NEWS BARRETT
KMGJBnt.gif

From April...
Never got the appeal of Wade Barrett. Still don't.
There is none. He's British Miz.
What always irks me about Wade is that he has a striking finisher yet his strikes suck. Sure, Dolph made it look awesome the other week, but it's Dolph.

Aiii

So not worth it
So then they make them win matches. Simples. The difference between Drew and everyone else on that list is that he already proved he could be a damn good serious threat.

Too late. He was the guy that lost all the time for at least 2 years.

Nobody was ever going to take him seriously again.

alstein

Oh yeah, I forgot you guys blamed Big Show for what was a complete freak accident.

Your taste in wrestlers is as bad as your Street Fighter skills. ^_^

Barrett's always been awesome, he was every bit as good as Bryan on NXT. I'll stand by that.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's been a solid midcarder from the day he debuted.

It's okay, nothing wrong with being a solid midcarder. His Bad News gimmick is entertaining enough.

Vylash

He's been a solid midcarder from the day he debuted.

It's okay, nothing wrong with being a solid midcarder. His Bad News gimmick is entertaining enough.

No way, dude was main event caliber until Cena got to him. Had the look, the in ring ability,and the mic skills to carry himself and an entire group of green as shit rookies

Hasney

Too late. He was the guy that lost all the time for at least 2 years.

Nobody was ever going to take him seriously again.

It's easy. He leaves 3MB which is all he was remembered for at that point, fueds with Slater and destroys him and then carries on moving on up. It wouldn't have been hard, it's wrestling. No-one would have given a shit about his past.

Barrett hate, you guys disgust me. Barrett's been awesome since the day he debuted

Damn straight. Probably would have had a decent run swapping title reigns with Orton if Cena wasn't around. Nexus was awesome and over to fuck.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No way, dude was main event caliber until Cena got to him. Had the look, the in ring ability,and the mic skills to carry himself and an entire group of green as shit rookies

Both debateable. His physique is highly unimpressive and would be more noticeable if he weren't so tall. I would say he's exceedingly average in the ring. He can't cut a promo like Bray, he can't wrestle like Bryan, and he doesn't have a strong character like Rollins could potentially have or Ambrose could potentially have.

I mean, Miz main evented once or twice as well, but he's still The Miz. And that's Wade Barrett. He sits in that Jeff Jarrett position quite comfortably.

I also can't believe I'm putting over Tyler Black. What a career turnaround he's had. Hated him so much in ROH.

Edit: Dream, I think I found the next big NXT gimmick
tumblr_mknlyg6oOZ1rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
It's easy. He leaves 3MB which is all he was remembered for at that point, fueds with Slater and destroys him and then carries on moving on up. It wouldn't have been hard, it's wrestling. No-one would have given a shit about his past.

So now he's the guy that used to be in 3MB, but he's still the guy that loses matches with no offense in under a minute, but hey, at least he's better than THE OTHER JOBBER that did that.

Yep, people would have totally embraced him as legitimate contender.

If he'd been a squashguy for half a year, perhaps your plan would work. If you're the jobber for two years or more. Forget about it. And mind you, we're talking about an actual jobber here, not what the IWC commentboxes call people like Dolph Ziggler or Kofi, but a legit job guy. Which is what Drew was. He's the guy that gets beaten all the time. He's not at the level of anyone even remotely worth something.

Hasney

So now he's the guy that used to be in 3MB, but he's still the guy that loses matches with no offense in under a minute, but hey, at least he's better than THE OTHER JOBBER that did that.

Yep, people would have totally embraced him as legitimate contender.

If he'd been a squashguy for half a year, perhaps your plan would work. If you're the jobber for two years or more. Forget about it. And mind you, we're talking about an actual jobber here, not what the IWC commentboxes call people like Dolph Ziggler or Kofi, but a legit job guy. Which is what Drew was. He's the guy that gets beaten all the time. He's not at the level of anyone even remotely worth something.

That's just the start. It would take less than a year since it is a scripted TV program and if people enjoyed it, they would accept it. The win-loss record over an entire career would mean shit and they could do this with anyone who has talent with smart booking.

You're probably right in the fact that WWE don't have enough talented people to book him into a situation where it would work and commentary wouldn't put him over in the right way for his gimmick transition like Regal would, but it could easily be done with the right people in the back.

I honestly believe anyone with the talent and intensity that Drew has could be booked into a legitimate threat in half the time he's been jobbed out.

Browny

Banned
There are so many people who could be great - either as solid mid-card, upper card or main event. But as it stands, with the roster as it is, a name of some kind (Dolph, Bert, Drew, Kofi, whoever) is always going to have to lose to someone else.

We need nameless jobbers.

Bring back Barry Horowitz (which was frankly quite a good little storyline).

Alucard

Banned
Wrestlers that have been turned on by some GAFFERS over time:

-Daniel Bryan
-CM Punk
-Wade Barrett
-The Usos
-Bray Wyatt
-Roman Reigns

I'm waiting for people to start complaining about Dean Ambrose before the summer is up.

Aiii

So not worth it

-Daniel Bryan
-CM Punk
-Wade Barrett
-The Usos
-Bray Wyatt
-Roman Reigns

I'm waiting for people to start complaining about Dean Ambrose before the summer is up.
Interesting. Would you conclude there is actually no hive mind on who to like or not like?

Hasney

-Daniel Bryan
-CM Punk
-Wade Barrett
-The Usos
-Bray Wyatt
-Roman Reigns

Eh I've never disliked Bryan, Punk, Wade or Wyatt. The other 3 are hit and miss.

It's a thread with a lot of different people and opinions, so it'll never be unanimous
other than the fact that TNA sucks now they even lost you :'(
I wouldn't dare a bet on it to be honest. This is not (just) Yuke's we're talking about anymore.

I'm getting really interested in the reveal now. I'm thinking that PS3/360 are going to be the same as last year with a faint hope of PS4/XB1 being good. Even a faint hope is better than I ever expected.

Alucard

Banned
That's just the start. It would take less than a year since it is a scripted TV program and if people enjoyed it, they would accept it. The win-loss record over an entire career would mean shit and they could do this with anyone who has talent with smart booking.

You're probably right in the fact that WWE don't have enough talented people to book him into a situation where it would work and commentary wouldn't put him over in the right way for his gimmick transition like Regal would, but it could easily be done with the right people in the back.

I honestly believe anyone with the talent and intensity that Drew has could be booked into a legitimate threat in half the time he's been jobbed out.

Does anyone even know that Drew was in 3MB? He was always a background player and Heath was clearly the main guy there. Flipping Drew and putting him on a new path wouldn't have been that hard.

"I'm better than this. And starting tonight, I'm going to prove it."

Top Bottom