• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

That Ric Flair number is way more arbitrary than most seem to feel like it is.

Not to me. I feel like its a holy number, that HHH respected, but whats Cena going to be 20 time when its all done?

I hope everyone realizes in today's climate that its different than when Ric did it. Cena is a caricature of himself, and Orton has been a card board box for a decade.

Sorry Im really angry with all this.

I can not bolieve people put up with Cena and Orton for so long, yet run real talent out of the company.

Not to me. I feel like its a holy number, that HHH respected, but whats Cena going to be 20 time when its all done?

I hope everyone realizes in today's climate that its different than when Ric did it. Cena is a caricature of himself, and Orton has been a card board box for a decade.

I just think that Ric's number was inflated by politics all the same. The belt may not have been so freely thrown between guys, but Ric getting to 16 wasn't an accident.

Cena and Orton may not be as talented, but talent has little to do with who gets a belt. And talent didn't matter in the 80's nearly as much as some like to think it did.

Whether we like it or not Cena had been on top of the WWE for a decade. He's earned a boat load of title runs and he still draws and generates buys and gets crowds invested, love or hate.

I wish he'd put more people over in matches. I wish he hadn't ruined multiple people's pushes. But he has stayed where he is for longer than most of the top names in wrestling.

And that's earned IMHO.

I just think that Ric's number was inflated by politics all the same. The belt may not have been so freely thrown between guys, but Ric getting to 16 wasn't an accident.

When he lost the belt to the supposed next guy to carry the torch, NWA always panicked and gave it back to Ric, Case in point Kerry Von Erich. This happened a lot. Because he really was on another level.

Cena sells sippy cups to 3 year olds, and is given the torch to run with because the talent pool is so underutilized.

Why was Hogan fillet for doing this 12 years ago, but Cena is celebrated? He is 100% worse IMHO.

Whether we like it or not Cena had been on top of the WWE for a decade. He's earned a boat load of title runs and he still draws and generates buys and gets crowds invested, love or hate.

I wish he'd put more people over in matches. I wish he hadn't ruined multiple people's pushes. But he has stayed where he is for longer than most of the top names in wrestling.

And that's earned IMHO.

i22bbbzG8jJLZ.gif

Cena and Orton may not be as talented, but talent has little to do with who gets a belt. And talent didn't matter in the 80's nearly as much as some like to think it did.
That's just what Hogan fans say to themselves before they cry themselves to sleep. "In ring talent mattered in the eighties. Hogan was good in the ring."

Blah blah blah Japan ichiban blah blah blah.

DominoKid

it's just what you get in a diluted era.

don't sweat the reign counts. anybody who has seen more than just the current era knows that cena/orton really aint all that.

BHZ Mayor

The thing that bothers me about the whole Cena/Ric thing (which in actuality has nothing to do with them specifically) is that the WHC is included in the count, yet outside of that count, it's basically a B belt.

When he lost the belt to the supposed next guy to carry the torch, NWA always panicked and gave it back to Ric, Case in point Kerry Von Erich. This happened a lot. Because he really was on another level.

Cena sells sippy cups to 3 year olds, and is given the torch to run with because the talent pool is so underutilized.

Why was Hogan fillet for doing this 12 years ago, but Cena is celebrated? He is 100% worse IMHO.
Uhm. In what world is Cena not getting massively booed? Did Hogan ever get booed like Cena does during his face run?

Bowser

Another return confirmed tonight:

AJ Lee
, who apparently is returning
as a babyface challenger to Paige? What?

Uhm. In what world is Cena not getting massively booed? Did Hogan ever get booed like Cena does during his face run?

Yeah but its like "Oh at least hes getting a reaction"

No he sucks hes horrific in the ring, his personality might be among the worst I have ever seen.

I really dont get what he brings to the business.

Like I said im just upset with the way these two have been handled.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If true,
would allow Paige to be anti-Diva like she was on NXT. No idea how they'd spin AJ, but whatever.

But she was piss poor at that. Her in-ring mannerisms and 'gimmickry' are absolutely shit tier. One of the worst in the company.

No he sucks hes horrific in the ring, his personality might be among the worst I have ever seen.

He brings PPV buys, merchandise sales, ticket sales, mainstream media attention and good PR for his charity work.

That's what he brings.

Horrific? Hyperbole much? Cena's not great by any means, but calling him horrific is laughable. He's had too many good to great matches throughout his career to be considered horrific.

Kaladin

I just realized, with his hair bleached on one side, Seth Rollins is like Two Face....

Bah gawd we should have seen this coming!

Top Bottom