• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Cagey

Banned
They are complaining already

Nah, the complaining the poster notes is in reference to criticism of the wrestler, not complaining about how the wrestler gets handled by the company.

Complaining about the booking of your favorites is the quintessence of "smark" fandom.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1kzB4dB.png

Ithil

I hope they keep Barrett on TV, doing promos. He's on the first real bit of momentum he's had since 2010 right now and it would suck to lose it again.

Growing in a house full of cats, the hero heads would not last long for me.

AYO,

that talk (er, speculation) about punk's workout life:

If your belly has a little jiggle, but doesn't hang over your pants and roll up, that's fine to me.

Do cardio a few times a week, don't eat outrageously bad, lift weights once a week. It's the way to live, in my opinion.

-is pretty much how I work out and I feel like a dumpy loser that is doing bullshit half-measures in the fitness world...I dunno, mang. Once a week in the gym will just never really get you gains.

(but yes the increased conditioning from the cardio is nice)

Roman / drew debate brings up a question. Is Cena the only Vince guy to have a degree of success.

Lashly is currently TNA champ
No idea what they saw in ken Anderson
Sheamus is a failure
Even more so for del rio
Drew was the chosen one

Orton is the only one

I liked Drew: the future shock (shook) was a great DDT, even though the feud with Kofi went on forever it had some great matches, and he was pretty cool in that lone EC match he was in (didn't he throw Wade through one of the pods?).

But yeah, he was booked to hell, some time off and a return might actually do some good, if that's even the kind of thing that can happen in the HHH era anymore.

DGUSA/EVOLVE are in such a bad state at present, in spite of having one of the most talented rosters on the indies - it's really quite depressing;

. DVDs take a freaking year to be released and they refuse to try the MP4 model, sticking with the less popular, less user-friendly renting out of VOD access instead
. the buildings they run are small, because they're still charging the same for tickets as when the promotion was full of Japanese talent worth paying those sort of prices to see
. the crowds they attract are fairly lacklustre or maybe it's just the way they're mic'd up, but regardless, they never seem terribly excitable
. a complete lack of Japanese talent for DGUSA, which has seemingly taken a back seat to EVOLVE
. they run too many triple-shots. I don't WANT to watch three iPPVs of the same company over the same weekend
. heaven forbid you should forget about an iPPV until the day of the show, because if you do you'll have to pay $5 more than everyone else

So, yeah, Gabe's made the Florida shows in August a triple shot and is promising an "all star!!!" talent roster;

-EVOLVE Champion Chris Hero
-Open The Freedom Gate Champion Ricochet
-Johnny Gargano
-Rich Swann
-AR Fox
-Anthony Nese of The Premier Athlete Brand with Su Yung
-Trent Baretta of The Premier Athlete Brand with Su Yung
-Caleb Konley of The Premier Athlete Brand with Su Yung
-Drew Gulak
-Biff Busick
-Timothy Thatcher
-Plus more to be announced

Basically, everyone you saw on the last EVOLVE show and the last DGUSA show before that. So little to get excited about. Give me Hero vs Ricochet and I might buy one of your iPPVs.

Jamie OD

DGUSA/EVOLVE are in such a bad state at present, in spite of having one of the most talented rosters on the indies - it's really quite depressing;

. DVDs take a freaking year to be released and they refuse to try the MP4 model, sticking with the less popular, less user-friendly renting out of VOD access instead
. the buildings they run are small, because they're still charging the same for tickets as when the promotion was full of Japanese talent worth paying those sort of prices to see
. the crowds they attract are fairly lacklustre or maybe it's just the way they're mic'd up, but regardless, they never seem terribly excitable
. a complete lack of Japanese talent for DGUSA, which has seemingly taken a back seat to EVOLVE
. they run too many triple-shots. I don't WANT to watch three iPPVs of the same company over the same weekend
. heaven forbid you should forget about an iPPV until the day of the show, because if you do you'll have to pay $5 more than everyone else

So, yeah, Gabe's made the Florida shows in August a triple shot and is promising an "all star!!!" talent roster;

-EVOLVE Champion Chris Hero
-Open The Freedom Gate Champion Ricochet
-Johnny Gargano
-Rich Swann
-AR Fox
-Anthony Nese of The Premier Athlete Brand with Su Yung
-Trent Baretta of The Premier Athlete Brand with Su Yung
-Caleb Konley of The Premier Athlete Brand with Su Yung
-Drew Gulak
-Biff Busick
-Timothy Thatcher
-Plus more to be announced

Basically, everyone you saw on the last EVOLVE show and the last DGUSA show before that. So little to get excited about. Give me Hero vs Ricochet and I might buy one of your iPPVs.

Take away the boring stuff (Premier Athlete Brand) and you have the PWG roster. The hype and enthusiasm for each company is almost night and day.

Take away the boring stuff (Premier Athlete Brand) and you have the PWG roster. The hype and enthusiasm for each company is almost night and day.

It's pretty remarkable - even the style of wrestling isn't that different from PWG, which is a given what with the similar rosters. Perhaps it's the crowd, I don't know - it just seems like there's a ton of little things that all conspire to make Gabe's stuff far less interesting than PWG. His insistence on always having a shitty heel stable involving Caleb Konley, for one thing. I actually like Konley elsewhere, but he's poison in EVOLVE.

Working on the G1 thread, how's this look?

Got all the info typed up, I just need to gather the gifs and write bios for the entrants. The hardest part of doing the preview last year was trying to sound enthused about Shelton Benjamin matches.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

The only reason the NWA title still even remotely works in Japan is because, for them, it went Thesz, Harley, Flair, Hashimoto, Severn........Conway. They didn't see all the nonsense in between.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Truth the champ we want but the push we wasn't ready for.

No lie I rooted for him in that god awful Capital Punishment ppv. Water bottle and all :/. Probably one of the greatest heel pushes of all time. Them promos were beautiful.

Yessir

R-Truth was gold on the mic during that brief flirt with the main event. Smoking! Water bottles! LITTLE JIMMY!

It really says a lot when he got Little Jimmy, a thing that doesn't even exist, over.

RP912

Banned
That one month of R-Truth going insane was fucking awesome. Shame they dropped the ball on that.

Well he dropped the ball on that :(.

Awesome truth was such a great tag team. It brought the best out of miz. Felt like a politically correct version of the new age outlaws.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Little Jimmy is the ignored millions of black fans wanting a black champion to put their faith in. They exist - the crowd reacted around it. R-Truth treated Little Jimmy as real, despite the administration's best efforts to keep it invisible.

The Truth Will Set You Free

In classic WWE fashion though, they aimed too high, it went over too many peoples' heads. Thus leaving R-Truth as a "crazy person saying insane things" because Little Jimmy never materialized.

It's a shame.

Little Jimmy is the ignored millions of black fans wanting a black champion to put their faith in. They exist - the crowd reacted around it. R-Truth treated Little Jimmy as real, despite the administration's best efforts to keep it invisible.

The Truth Will Set You Free

In classic WWE fashion though, they aimed too high, it went over too many peoples' heads. Thus leaving R-Truth as a "crazy person saying insane things" because Little Jimmy never materialized.

It's a shame.

at least tthey didnt put hornswaggle in blackface

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know right. They made you believe they were disgruntled workers.

Vince plays "out of touch white guy trying to keep things clean" really well in that. You believe Vince as a racist.

Crazy R-Truth was the greatest. What's weird is that it was super over, even when they neutered him as a face. Why go back to the rapper gimmick? It gets no reaction.

Working on the G1 thread, how's this look?

Got all the info typed up, I just need to gather the gifs and write bios for the entrants. The hardest part of doing the preview last year was trying to sound enthused about Shelton Benjamin matches.

Looks great on the white theme. A bit hard to read on the dark/black theme aka greater theme.

Hasney

Crazy R-Truth was the greatest. What's weird is that it was super over, even when they neutered him as a face. Why go back to the rapper gimmick? It gets no reaction.

Survivor Series didn't draw then he got hit with a Wellness violation so they just reverted him back to keep him bubbling around the low end of the card.

Top Bottom