• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Alucard

Banned
Interesting. Would you conclude there is actually no hive mind on who to like or not like?

Not everyone has to like the same people. I just think it's the cool thing to turn and hate on some guys. I'm not saying that's why people do it/have done it, but it's sort of like how it's cool to hate on Cena. (which it sort of is, and the fucker deserves it)

Aiii

So not worth it
Not everyone has to like the same people. I just think it's the cool thing to turn and hate on some guys. I'm not saying that's why people do it/have done it, but it's sort of like how it's cool to hate on Cena. (which it sort of is, and the fucker deserves it)

I believe it's the overexposure of the product is what's making people turn on wrestlers.

Basically WWE is turning everyone into the same old shit within months after getting a push, so obviously people will sour on certain wrestlers due to not being entertained enough by them.

Hasney

I personally think a lot of it is due to how over-exposed the same guys are every week with so many hours of TV. I think that's why it's rarer to see people turn on the good NXT mainstays since they're not on every single week.

Browny

Banned
I personally think a lot of it is due to how over-exposed the same guys are every week with so many hours of TV. I think that's why it's rarer to see people turn on the good NXT mainstays since they're not on every single week.

Do we think that if they cut Raw down to 2 hours, and say dumped one (or both) of Superstars and Main Event, that the product would improve?

Probably not...

Hasney

Do we think that if they cut Raw down to 2 hours, and say dumped one (or both) of Superstars and Main Event, that the product would improve?

Probably not...

Nah, it'd just be the same guys doing the same thing every week still. I haven't watched Raw, but I saw what the main event tag match was and I don't think i would have stuck around watching it.

Alucard

Banned
I can buy the overexposure argument. When you think about Hogan in the early 90s, he was basically the same character for over half a decade. However, people didn't notice as much because:

1. There was no Internet for people to bitch about it.

2. There was only Superstars and Saturday Night's Main Event...and Hogan almost never actually wrestled on those shows. He just cut a 2-minute backstage promo here and there, and only wrestled PPVS and some house shows.

Today, we've got a guy like Bray potentially having to cut three original TV promos per week. That's really hard to do and to keep each promo fresh.

Sblargh

Banned
I'd say my plan to just watch the two hourly network shows (Main Event and Superstars) is helping me to enjoy the product. Watching Raw was starting to feel like work, now I look forward to my one hour of WWE on tuesday and my another hour on thursday after NXT.

Alucard

Banned
I'd say my plan to just watch the two hourly network shows (Main Event and Superstars) is helping me to enjoy the product. Watching Raw was starting to feel like work, now I look forward to my one hour of WWE on tuesday and my another hour on thursday after NXT.

Yeah, that's basically how I feel with ROH. Just 50 minutes a week, which I actually look forward to.

Raw and Smackdown feel like I'm doing homework. Although I will admit that reading GAF while watching makes me more smarky and critical of the product when it's on. I think we should all try watching 2-3 weeks of Raw without reading online reactions. We'd probably enjoy it more.

Aiii

So not worth it

Probably not...

Well yeah.

Look at the matchlists from Raw last Monday and from last week's and this week's Main Event and Smackdown last Friday:
Main Event 17/6:
Rusev vs. Santino
Naomi vs. Paige
Wyatt Family vs. Sheamus and Uso's

Smackdown
Rollins vs. Kingston
BNB vs. Ziggler
Adam Rose vs. Titus
Kane vs. Ambrose
Big E vs. Swagger
Bo vs. Fandango
Cena, Sheamus & Reigns vs. Orton, Bray Wyatt, Cesaro & Del Rio

Raw:
Harper vs. Jimmy Uso
Rowan vs. Jey Uso
Naomi vs. Alicia Fox
Bo Dallas vs. Titus
Seth Rollins vs. RVD
BNB vs. Ziggler
Swagger vs. Kingston
Big E vs. Sandow
Cena, Sheamus & Reigns vs. Orton, Bray Wyatt, Cesaro & Del Rio

Main Event 24/6:
Rollins, Swagger and BNB vs. Ziggler, RVD & Kingston
Bo vs. Fandango
Rybaxel vs R-Truth & Xavier Woods

---
So lets look at this card. You can see they did several matches more than once in one week time. Due to WWE style, pretty much every match that's the same people end up in the same structure, only the finishes are different. Both Smackdown and Raw had the exact same Main Event. Bo vs. Fandango happened twice for some reason. Bray Wyatt was in matches with Sheamus on 3 out of these four shows. Harper and Rowan have been in matches with The Uso's several times. Not to mention the many interchangable people that just switch back and forth with opponents, like Ziggler, Kofi, Swagger, BNB, they'll face off one way this week, another way the next and then back the week after that. If you go further back, you will notice even more rematches and patterns like this.

What's even worse, all these pairing. ALL THESE PAIRINGS will end up on the PPV facing eachother again. Yep, we got Uso's vs. Wyatt's on two shows over the past week and it will happen again this Sunday. Who even cares at that point? What, I'm supposed to pop for the Uso's over the top-rope suicide dives for the FIFTEENTH TIME in the past month? No, of course not, I'm gonna not care two shits about the Uso's, because I've already seen that spot so many times before. Hell, they did one where an Uso ran up a ladder a few weeks ago. No ladder, fuck you Uso's, you suck!

Look at a guy like Titus above too, he faces Adam Rose first and Bo Dallas next, sure it's a different match but it boils down to the same thing. Midcard new guy squashes big black man that's going nowhere. Who fucking cares?

kirblar

Too much wrestling, not enough talking has been the biggest problem with their TV for a long time.

Someone decided to listen to the smarks and repeatedly do 10-15 minute matches on every show. This is not a good thing.

Browny

Banned
Well yeah.

snip

Who fucking cares?

It looks scarier when you write it down like that... I have no problem with rematches when it's reasonable; and we all love a thrown together tag match playa (a good way to build towards PPV) - but seeing it like that just takes the piss.

Alucard

Banned
Too much wrestling, not enough talking has been the biggest problem with their TV for a long time.

Someone decided to listen to the smarks and repeatedly do 10-15 minute matches on every show. This is not a good thing.

It's not a good thing when you get a PPV-length show every week plus 2 hours of Smackdown and an hour each of Superstars and Main Event. Otherwise, I think most fans want a mix of story and character, as well as in-ring action.

Sblargh

Banned
The 10-15 minutes matches thing doesn't seem factually correct.

Raw:

some dude in the pwinsider said:
Seth Rollins versus Dolph Ziggler: 8 Minutes
Wade Barrett versus Dean Ambrose: 9 Minutes
Sheamus versus Bray Wyatt: 8 Minutes
Rusev versus Heath Slater: 1 Minute
Adam Rose and Summer Rae versus Layla El and Fandango: 1 Minute
Battle Royal: 14 Minutes
Cameron versus Paige: 3 Minutes
Goldust and Stardust versus Curtis Axel and Ryback: 1 Minute
John Cena versus Kane: 13 Minutes

Smackdown:

Seth Rollins versus Kofi Kingston: 3 Minutes
Dolph Ziggler versus Wade Barrett: 4 Minutes
Titus O’Neil versus Adam Rose: 1 Minute
Titus O’Neil versus Adam Rose: 1 Minute
Dean Ambrose versus Kane: 4 Minutes
Jack Swagger versus Big E: 1 Minute
Fandango versus Bo Dallas: 1 Minute
Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, Alberto Del Rio, and Randy Orton versus John Cena, Roman Reigns, and Sheamus: 16 Minutes

Hey guys, what's going on this morn-

http://www.wwe.com/inside/intercontinental-champion-bad-news-barrett-injured-26428145

SD_06242014cm_1335_article.jpg

lDkZJwW.gif

BALONEY, FUDGE N' MUSTARD!
THERE IS NO POWER OF JUNE, NO JUSTICE, NO HOPE!

The winds of change have been taken out of my sails, who do I root for now in these times of uncertainty and shitty product?

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey guys, what's going on this morn-

BALONEY, FUDGE N' MUSTARD!
THERE IS NO POWER OF JUNE, NO JUSTICE, NO HOPE!

The winds of change have been taken out of my sails, who do I root for now in these times of uncertainty and shitty product?

Sheamus of course, just like Konnan:
On a recent episode of MLW Radio featuring Court Bauer and former WCW alumnus Konnan, the hosts were speaking about this weekend's WWE Money In The Bank pay-per-view, and Konnan voiced his displeasure at having Sheamus possibly win the title on Sunday night.
Konnan then spoke about Sheamus' incident with Sin Cara, better known as Hunico, referring to an alleged backstage fight between the two in May. The former WCW star said Sin Cara got the better of Sheamus, and the Celtic Warrior tried to "cover it up like it was nothing."

Apparently, Sin Cara had a problem with Drew McIntyre, accusing him of shaking hands with the bigger and leading guys in the back, and not the others. Konnan related it to the incident involving Batista and Booker T of the same nature.

According to Konnan, a few days later in the trainer's arena, Sheamus walked by Sin Cara, who was lying on the bed, and made a remark saying he was more important than him. He told him to get off, and that he needed to be attended to. After getting up and "calling him out," Konnan said that Sheamus threw the first punch and then had his legs swept by Sin Cara, while getting punched seconds later.

"He said when he got called out, he said he thought Hunico was playing," Konnan said. "He said that out loud, and I'm thinking to myself, then why did he throw the first punch?"

Konnan then was asked about Sheamus' fight with Yoshi Tatsu before they made it to the main roster, and the Cuban wrestler said Sheamus had asked him to borrow some money. Konnan said Tatsu kept asking him for the money back repeatedly, and kept getting an excuse. He didn't know if they were roommates or if Tatsu showed up at his door, but Konnan said he "slapped the s--t out of him" after approaching him one last time. The co-host confirmed after hearing the story from Tatsu backstage, he ended up getting his money back.

Sheamus of course, just like Konnan:
So him being a jerk and getting into brawls is in fact very much in character, except the only thing getting hit of of nowhere is Sheamus himself.

One simple answer:

BOLIEVE[IMG][/QUOTE]
I just can't get behind this guy at all, Bo will never ascend past the midcard, I'f I'm wrong then I guess I just couldn't Bolieve.

No in a time like this I need to fall back on a reliable hard worker, a man who is impenetrable to injury, whose momentum can never be stopped and who always overcomes the odds...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fydzU.gif

Working on the G1 thread, how's this look?

Got all the info typed up, I just need to gather the gifs and write bios for the entrants. The hardest part of doing the preview last year was trying to sound enthused about Shelton Benjamin matches.

^ I don't know much about G1 stuff so on that note that format looks like a solid way to introduce each participant if that's what you're going for.

This has been the worst June ever. People are even taking Konnan at his word.

I'm just working from the character WWE has presented me with on TV for Sheamus and joining the dots accordingly.
Unless you're saying that there's too many lies, too many lies?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Working on the G1 thread, how's this look?

Got all the info typed up, I just need to gather the gifs and write bios for the entrants. The hardest part of doing the preview last year was trying to sound enthused about Shelton Benjamin matches.

Pretty darned good.

AgQUFTs.jpg

How about - the first match you remember watching? Mine would be Vader squashing a young Marcus Alexander Bagwell, with a save by Surfer Sting. The clip opens with Ventura looking boss, so there's always that...

I've actually got no idea...it might have been Hogan vs Macho Man on the UK Rampage show in '89, or the Royal Rumble '90 PPV. I definitely remember watching old World of Sport wrestling before that, though I can't recall any specific matches.

Vince McMahon said:
Pretty darned good.

Thanks man, I'll chuck it up on legitshook as a G1 preview when I'm done.

Hasney

Looks good - looking forward to reading it!

Ok GAF, how about - the first match you remember watching? Mine would be Vader squashing a young Marcus Alexander Bagwell, with a save by Surfer Sting. The clip opens with Ventura looking boss, so there's always that...

First moment of wrestling I can remember was Pillman running around the ring ropes against someone on Saturday night.

First full match I can remember was High Energy V The Headshrinkers. It wasn't a bad match at all... However, Boss Man V Nailz soon took the shine off the event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
First match I remember seeing was Tito Santana vs a jobber. A sad beginning, even though Tito's dope. He was...El Matador at the time.

Something with Benoit on Heat, funnily enough. First full match I remember is Hardyz vs Dudleyz on my first PPV, Royal Rumble 2000. Some flashes of WCW Worldwide UK Batman censoring in there as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Correction on mine, I remember the Road Warriors putting out Dusty Rhodes' eye before Santana.

Cagey

Banned
I know I saw plenty beforehand in that time period, including the same damn show, but the match that I remember most is Razor v. 1-2-3 Kid.

Can't comprehend how Jack Swagger is still employed at this point. And wow at that anti Drew McIntyre debate.

Barrett was not being booked to win the title brahs. I don't know how anyone thought that was even a possibility.....

Can't comprehend how Jack Swagger is still employed at this point. And wow at that anti Drew McIntyre debate.

Barrett was not being booked to win the title brahs. I don't know how anyone thought that was even a possibility.....

He was in the match for the briefcase, not the belt.

People have won the briefcase and not the belt before. Look at Sandow :[

jmdajr

Wrestlers that have been turned on by some GAFFERS over time:

-Daniel Bryan
-CM Punk
-Wade Barrett
-The Usos
-Bray Wyatt
-Roman Reigns

I'm waiting for people to start complaining about Dean Ambrose before the summer is up.

They are complaining already

2014-06-25-shield-breakup.jpg

Top Bottom