• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

strobogo

Banned
He cant tell a story in a match, he is a dumb brawler for cash now. Wouldnt survive in ROH.

Brock is a MMA guy walking around the wrestling realm, novelty act part timer at that
just completely irrelevant after his act is finished.

I've never been so confused over if someone is trolling or really has that terrible of taste and sense.

Impact spoilers

-7/24 Impact
Bobby Roode vs. MVP Falls Count Anywhere. MVP wouldn't come out so Roode went to the back. They brawled into the building. The crowd loved the brawl. Way hotter crowd tonight. Kenny King attacked Roode but Eric Young hit the scene and ran him off. Roode worked over MVP with a chair and locked in the Cloverleaf for a submission. Really fun brawl!

TNA Knockouts champ Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell. They were having a really good match when The Beautiful People attacked them. No contest.

Gunner & Mr. Anderson vs. Magnus & Bram. Bram pinned Anderson. After the match, Bram went to attack Gunner with a piece of metal from under the ring. Samuel Shaw ran in but was laid out with it. Bram beat down Gunner. Abyss' music hit and he came to the ring. They brawled and Abyss cleaned house.

Destination X is next.

It opened with Kurt Angle doing the same speech as last night, minus mentioning the names no longer with the company. Could be a reshoot.

Out comes Dixie Carter with her crew including Snitsky and Big Zeke. Dixie cut a promo and the crowd was so loud you couldn't hear her. I think the promo was that these were the true stars. EC3 said they were his Army of Extreme. They are calling Snitsky by that name but renamed Zeke. EC3 cut a hell of a promo. He said this is war and issued a challenge for a final battle. He said he will put them down forever.

TNA Tag Team champions The Wolves defeated The Hardys. Great match and a super hot crowd for everything. Just an awesome match. Best match of the taping a so far and by far the best The Wolves have looked here to date.

Low Ki defeated Zema Ion and Manik. Great stuff.

James Storm introduced Sanada and said the student has now surpassed the teacher. He said he is Sanada's new teacher. Brian Cage vs. Sanada vs. Crazy Steve. Cage did lots of awesome power spots. Sanada wins with Tiger Suplex and a bridge on Steve.

Tommy Dreamer and Team 3D come out. They say they will go to war right now so no one has to wait. EC3's crew came out and said they will do it on Carter time, next week. Bully Ray said no one wants to go to war next week. Ray threatened to start a riot and the crowd wanted that and chanted for it. He said if it's next week, it's going to be an Eight man Extreme Weapons Hardcore War. Ray then swore to God he is putting Dixie through a table.

Samoa Joe vs. Homicide vs. Tigre Ino. Joe cut a great promo saying he told Kurt Angle to put him in the X-Division. He said he is still pro wrestling. Big reactions for Joe and Homicide. Joe pins Homicide. He and Homicide shake hands after. Crowd popped for the reunion of old ROH foes. Good stuff.

Lashley defended his title against Austin Aries.

Tommy Dreamer, Team 3D and their surprise partner, Al Snow defeated EC3, Rhino, Zeke, Snitsky. Bully put Dixie through a table with a middle rope powerbomb. All of the roster was ring side.

I really did want Bryan and Punk to be the Ken and Ryu of WWE. Two men cut from the same cloth and really just tear the house down in co-existence eventually leading to a money match against each other. I guess I'm the only person that wants that. Not even Punk wants that. But no, fuck you. Both from Wrasslegaf and WWE.

Joeki11a

Banned
I've never been so confused over if someone is trolling or really has that terrible of taste and sense.

Are you seriously saying you enjoy this pathetic dumb brock of today?.

Rollins vs CM vs DB in a ladders match
Is heaven compared to Brock of today

seriously if your taste is Brock the maniac
sluggishly beating down wrestlers you must watch wrestling as a circus act, dont understand wrestling at all and how they tell stories in the ring, well the greats do.

But nah you mark out over the dumb Brock jumping over ring steps, that does it for you huh? Smh

I really did want Bryan and Punk to be the Ken and Ryu of WWE. Two men cut from the same cloth and really just tear the house down in co-existence eventually leading to a money match against each other. I guess I'm the only person that wants that. Not even Punk wants that. But no, fuck you. Both from Wrasslegaf and WWE.

If you say so, friend.
igXsLLJecvXIQ.gif

jred2k

He cant tell a story in a match, he is a dumb brawler for cash now. Wouldnt survive in ROH.

Brock is a MMA guy walking around the wrestling realm, novelty act part timer at that
just completely irrelevant after his act is finished.

Human Hulk beating the piss of anybody in his way is the story. The fact that you are this angry about him shows it's working.

Are you seriously saying you enjoy this pathetic dumb brock of today?. Rollins vs CM vs DB in a ladders match Is heaven compared to Brock of today seriously if your taste is Brock the maniac sluggishly beating down wrestlers you must watch wrestling as a circus act, dont understand wrestling at all and how they tell stories in the ring, well the greats do.
But nah you mark out over the dumb Brock jumping over ring steps, that does it for you huh? Smh

- Samir, Pakistan

Alucard

Banned
Impact spoilers

-7/24 Impact
Bobby Roode vs. MVP Falls Count Anywhere. MVP wouldn't come out so Roode went to the back. They brawled into the building. The crowd loved the brawl. Way hotter crowd tonight. Kenny King attacked Roode but Eric Young hit the scene and ran him off. Roode worked over MVP with a chair and locked in the Cloverleaf for a submission. Really fun brawl!

TNA Knockouts champ Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell. They were having a really good match when The Beautiful People attacked them. No contest.

Gunner & Mr. Anderson vs. Magnus & Bram. Bram pinned Anderson. After the match, Bram went to attack Gunner with a piece of metal from under the ring. Samuel Shaw ran in but was laid out with it. Bram beat down Gunner. Abyss' music hit and he came to the ring. They brawled and Abyss cleaned house.

Destination X is next.

It opened with Kurt Angle doing the same speech as last night, minus mentioning the names no longer with the company. Could be a reshoot.

Out comes Dixie Carter with her crew including Snitsky and Big Zeke. Dixie cut a promo and the crowd was so loud you couldn't hear her. I think the promo was that these were the true stars. EC3 said they were his Army of Extreme. They are calling Snitsky by that name but renamed Zeke. EC3 cut a hell of a promo. He said this is war and issued a challenge for a final battle. He said he will put them down forever.

TNA Tag Team champions The Wolves defeated The Hardys. Great match and a super hot crowd for everything. Just an awesome match. Best match of the taping a so far and by far the best The Wolves have looked here to date.

Low Ki defeated Zema Ion and Manik. Great stuff.

James Storm introduced Sanada and said the student has now surpassed the teacher. He said he is Sanada's new teacher. Brian Cage vs. Sanada vs. Crazy Steve. Cage did lots of awesome power spots. Sanada wins with Tiger Suplex and a bridge on Steve.

Tommy Dreamer and Team 3D come out. They say they will go to war right now so no one has to wait. EC3's crew came out and said they will do it on Carter time, next week. Bully Ray said no one wants to go to war next week. Ray threatened to start a riot and the crowd wanted that and chanted for it. He said if it's next week, it's going to be an Eight man Extreme Weapons Hardcore War. Ray then swore to God he is putting Dixie through a table.

Samoa Joe vs. Homicide vs. Tigre Ino. Joe cut a great promo saying he told Kurt Angle to put him in the X-Division. He said he is still pro wrestling. Big reactions for Joe and Homicide. Joe pins Homicide. He and Homicide shake hands after. Crowd popped for the reunion of old ROH foes. Good stuff.

Lashley defended his title against Austin Aries.

Tommy Dreamer, Team 3D and their surprise partner, Al Snow defeated EC3, Rhino, Zeke, Snitsky. Bully put Dixie through a table with a middle rope powerbomb. All of the roster was ring side.

It certainly sounds like they're trying.

Watching the Angle promo to close tonight's Impact now. Is he...is he shooting, bros?

strobogo

Banned
Is there anyone in ROH that can lift Brock?

Edit: I mean other than Michael Elgin, inventor of strength spots.

Oh man, I would buy an ROH show if Bork was there to make Elgin look like a midget and then knock the shit out of him while probably picking him up with one arm.

sluggishly beating down wrestlers you must watch wrestling as a circus act, dont understand wrestling at all and how they tell stories in the ring, well the greats do.

This is like the 3rd week of Alicia Fox's crazy gimmick when WWE went overboard with it.

Are you seriously saying you enjoy this pathetic dumb brock of today?. Rollins vs CM vs DB in a ladders match Is heaven compared to Brock of today seriously if your taste is Brock the maniac sluggishly beating down wrestlers you must watch wrestling as a circus act, dont understand wrestling at all and how they tell stories in the ring, well the greats do.

- Samir, Pakistan

Very high on the 'cism scale. But I'll admit...I laughed.

1nqjHIX.gif

somedevil

It certainly sounds like they're trying.

Watching the Angle promo to close tonight's Impact now. Is he...is he shooting, bros?

My problem is the whole main angle focused on people from ECW and random ex WWE guys and not TNA guys. It screams trying to keep the NY fans happy because the regular TNA wouldn't do.

Also, this impact show in 2 hours had 23 minutes of wrestling.

Here is Dixie going through a table because I don't think Spike will show:

http://instagram.com/p/pux0YlLfiL/

Joeki11a

Banned
Human Hulk beating the piss of anybody in his way is the story. The fact that you are this angry about him shows it's working.

That story its worthless when he doesn't win,
the right booking would be Brock never getting defeated at all!. goes and beats Oldertaker, now he returns as the number 1 guy ready to take the title.

My problem is the whole main angle focused on people from ECW and random ex WWE guys and not TNA guys. It screams trying to keep the NY fans happy because the regular TNA wouldn't do.

Here is Dixie going through a table because I don't think Spike will show:

http://instagram.com/p/pux0YlLfiL/

I can't tell which is funnier

The new heel stable they had for all of about 2 weeks being defeated,
The face team needing the addition of
Al Snow
to get it done,
or the fact that the only thing they managed to say would happen on-air and stick to over the past few years was putting a woman through a table.

Alucard

Banned

Totally valid complaint about them not pushing actual TNA guys. I do wonder if it was solely to neutralize the NYC crowd.

And yeah...too much talking tonight, but it's more bearable with the benefit of fast forwarding.

Gonzalez

Banned

Come on man. I loooooooove Punk(should have won a few of those March something or others...), but you're seriously going overboard with these gimmick posts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bull Dempseys look leaves a lot to be desired but he's a good promo.

strobogo

Banned
Does even the NY crowd give a fuck about AL SNOW and general ECW nostalgia? TNA has been doing ECW nostalgia since their first year in business. Then they did it when WWE started milking it with the first ONS. And then again after the second and reboot of the brand. And then again in 2010 after WWE killed the brand, including shunting their own PPV with their talent and storylines in favor of an ECW reunion PPV. And now again, in 2014. 13 years after ECW went out of business.

Remember all that EV2 bullshit when they had Hogan stand in the middle of the ring with a straight face and say ECW was as important to wrestling as Hulkamania. And then they wanted to do the reunion PPV (despite WWE already doing 2, plus Shane Douglas having done a yearly one since then), but WWE sent a cease and desist, so they had to start saying EV2 and had to change the names of half the guys on the card due to trademarks? And they're doing this again.

somedevil

Come on man. I loooooooove Punk(should have won a few of those March something or others...), but you're seriously going overboard with these gimmick posts.

Welcome to this thread where gimmick posters are slowly bringing this thread down a peg.

Other than Aiii, who takes pro wrestling very seriously, don't we all watch it as if it's a circus act?

I watch it as its a fake show like all things on television. You know a lot of people takes shows seriously because that what people do when it has viewers. For example, Doctor Who, 24, Legend of Korra, or when Lost was on tv. Hell people here took all the Batman films seriously.

dream

But, somedevil, the people who watch the shows you listed watch them because they are good.

Do you think WWE is good, somedevil? Do you enjoy the seven (10 if there's a pay-per-view) hours a week you spend watching World Wrestling Entertainment, somedevil?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who was Becky Lynch before? This gimmick....is pretty heavy handed.

Joeki11a

Banned

What the hell has Brock done for this business?, the guy doesnt care about the biz at all, already proved that before and now is more about wwe begging for his time.

This love for Brock its overboard, he has never had a memorable run/ career like CM/DB, they come from the bottom, this idiot was handed the wwe title at 25, he isnt a true pro wrestler he is just a character "ooh the beast" get out of here with that.

strobogo

Banned
Brock is just in it for money.

CM held out on extending his contract for more money, but that's different.
Here's Brock barely surviving with his head during an encounter with former ROH champion, Jamie Noble.

Everyone is in it for the money. If they weren't they would stay on the indies making nothing and turn down WWE offers. Bork also loves wrasslin. Punk used to love it. They both hate the grind of the schedule. There aren't a whole lot of dudes in it 100% for the money. Anyone doing it has to like it to some degree. Kevin Nash tries to pretend like he does stuff only for the money, but he does stuff for the money for stuff he likes to do, otherwise he'd be doing something else for money.

What a weird time for Joeki11a to start gimmick posting. Really came OUTTANOWHERE.

somedevil

But, somedevil, the people who watch the shows you listed watch them because they are good.

Do you think WWE is good, somedevil? Do you enjoy the seven (10 if there's a pay-per-view) hours a week you spend watching World Wrestling Entertainment, somedevil?

lol, you don't know what your talking about then because all the stuff I listed are not considered good by some yet they still keep watching and still keep posting. Legend of Korra thread hated last season yet they are hoping the new one is good. Doctor who fans watch while endlessly debating what show runner had better episodes. The lost people watched and started to turn on the show and hated the ending. Batman fans fight over if the last movie was good.

The point is doesn't matter if I enjoy or not because everyone has there own opinions. If its good or bad it doesn't because when something gets popular people will still watch.

To your question I watch raw and the last two weeks were fine and I watch the pay per view because I have the network and I enjoy posting while watching.

Why do you post here if you seem to hate the product and want the network to fail?

Heel

Other than Aiii, who takes pro wrestling very seriously, don't we all watch it as if it's a circus act?

I'd love for someone who does take it seriously to discuss their position in an articulate manner, but I don't believe that person exists.

Why do you post here if you seem to hate the product and want the network to fail?

I'm not involved, but like I said the last time somebody asked somebody this type of question: the thread is the wrasslin' thread. Last I checked, there's thankfully more to wrasslin' than WWE and TNA.

Joeki11a

Banned
Everyone is in it for the money. If they weren't they would stay on the indies making nothing and turn down WWE offers. Bork also loves wrasslin. Punk used to love it. They both hate the grind of the schedule. There aren't a whole lot of dudes in it 100% for the money. Anyone doing it has to like it to some degree. Kevin Nash tries to pretend like he does stuff only for the money, but he does stuff for the money for stuff he likes to do, otherwise he'd be doing something else for money.

What a weird time for Joeki11a to start gimmick posting. Really came OUTTANOWHERE.

Its facts, branded whatever you like but its fact
Cm/DB and others like them reaching the very top after starting from the very very very bottom, Its more Honorable than some big dumb monster being handed the title just because.

Top Bottom