• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Thanks for reminding me how much Renee Young fucking sucks at commentary. She's so goddamned bad at it, she's put in the bush league.

There's a thing called learning. It's the process you go through before you are good at something. That's where she's at. She can't have been demoted because she never did it to begin with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
uhhhh, i'm just gonna assume the joke went over your head.

it's okay, it's not that great of a joke.

Is this some Aiii perversion joke? I just don't think like "his kind" do.

There's a thing called learning. It's the process you go through before you are good at something. That's where she's at. She can't have been demoted because she never did it to begin with.

So it's not just me - she totally does suck at it.

Kaladin

I'll be the alpha to the omega and say Devitt (or whatever name they'll give him) will have the bloodiest of blood feuds with Neville. Their Super JR match is what got them noticed anyway. With Regal on commentary also? WOWZA.

WindyQuestionableIvorygull.gif

now if you'll excuse i'm gonna daze on meds while i look at this renee gif.

It's a party in her head and the entire WWE universe is invited.

Just about to start Feb 2002.

What I have to 'look forward to':

- FMW Cluster Battle 2002
- XPW Freefall
- WWA Revolution
- WWF No Way Out
- The 5th coming of the NWO?

What I have noticed is that the whole NWO 'injecting poison' angle was still right out of left field. Even though I knew it was coming this time around it was still so far out there and unexpected and strangely still felt like a 'surprise'.
Vince McMahon's crazy face during that monologue on his swivel chair is intense. I've really enjoyed his feud with Ric Flair, and it's a shame Flair couldn't/wasn't involved in the inVasion angle. It would have added so much more authenticity to the whole event.

Also Stone Cold really wasn't involved in anything, even back in Jan. He's just appearing and rattling off his 'WHAT' catchphrase. It's almost a precursor to today's wrestling format. No real feud, a catchphrase with a random match thrown in. Crowd lap it up, but it's such a waste.
I never picked up on this back in the day.

I totally under appreciated Christian during his 2001-2002 run, he's awesome and can't understand (I can) why he wasn't given the push Edge was. He's much better on the mic and has a greater charisma too.

There was also a really cool '4 Generation' video package on the last Smackdown of January that was like a quick historical overview of everything that had happened in North American wrestling from the WWF Perspective. Really helped build up the NWO's imminent arrival and potential destruction of McMahon and the WWF.
It was interesting to see the likes of Jeff Jarrett, Macho Man, Chyna & Bret Hart appear in it all things considered at that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU4YlBDzsxw

Going to be honest the nostalgia overload left me a little emotional!

XenoRaven

I had enough cism accusations on gaming side. "Half breed is a racist term. Think of the werewolf's feelings!!!". What's so racist about Bekcy Lynch? (Seriously, I haven't seen her gimmick. What is it?)
She does a vaguely Irish jig even though she seemingly has no idea how to dance and only does it by virtue of the fact that she is Irish and Irish people supposedly do jigs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We ain't a powder keg. We've ALWAYS been explosive. We don't get mad, we STAY MAD!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thanks for reminding me how much Renee Young fucking sucks at commentary. She's so goddamned bad at it, she's put in the bush league.

Man, I seem to remember getting a lot more shit for this when I brought up her and her constant bland delivery of 'OH's!' on commentary.

somedevil

From Meltzer:

So WWE sent out a news blast to fans today that included the SummerSlam poster with John Cena and Brock Lesnar on it, seemingly giving away not only SummerSlam's main event, but obviously Sunday's Money in the Bank PPV finish. What I can tell you is that the original plan over a week ago was for Cena to win. Was told today that now that the poster is out, particularly with them pushing it hard in this news blast, there is a good chance they'll switch the finish on Sunday. From what I can gather, one way or another Brock vs. Cena for the belt is likely still headlining SummerSlam, so make of that what you will.

In the usual Meltzer maybe it will happen maybe it won't style. Basically they might change the Money in the Bank finish to give someone a month run with the title before Cena takes at Battleground. My guess if this happens is Cesaro.

Cena beats him so Heyman gets Brock to get the title back.

From Meltzer:

In the usual Meltzer maybe it will happen maybe it won't style. Basically they might change the Money in the Bank finish to give someone a month run with the title before Cena takes at Battleground. My guess if this happens is Cesaro.

Cena beats him so Heyman gets Brock to get the title back.

meaning another talent steamrolled by Cena. well that's just fucking great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's weird that people try to compare Ambrose to like... Cactus Jack, Jake, Pillman, etc. Because he's absolutely 1980s Terry Funk. Like down to the mannerisms and everything. Hasn't had his Beautiful Dream promo yet though.

Gorillaz

I can definitely see someone like Cesaro holding it and dropping it the same month. But I don't think they have that much trust in him yet.

It could work as Heyman's new client couldn't get the job done to handle Cena, so he will call Bork to get the job done instead

Yeah. I'd rather see Cena win in a ladder match with a bunch of other people where no one is likely going to end up looking bad (other than Kane... lawl) than see someone else win it, and drop it to Cena after a month or so.

But I'm completely okay with Cena winning, and then finally putting Brock over. So long as Brock THEN puts someone on the way up over.

There's a lot of ifs there. And so much potential for that to go wrong, even if that's what they want to do. One injury screws the pooch.

That sequence of events though, yep. I'm very comfortable with.

and the fact that she doesn't do the dancing for a particularly long time makes me feel like she's very uncomfortable about it and has zero confidence about it.

hope she's overcomes it, she's quite the lady.
I did feel uncomfortable after about the 4th jig. I still laughed but it was nonetheless uncomfortable.

strobogo

Banned
It's a party in her head and the entire WWE universe is invited.

I think the rabbit slipped her some molly. Oh, did the cat story in Sandman have some kind of tie in later, or was it just a non-sequitur, break between stories kind of issue?

Sunny, I beg you, please don't post that gif again. It's so terrible.

Duncan, there's one guy that hasn't been steamrolled by Cena. As in, they had one match and the other guy won. This guy hasn't been beaten by John Cena.

yet

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the rabbit slipped her some molly. Oh, did the cat story in Sandman have some kind of tie in later, or was it just a non-sequitur, break between stories kind of issue?

I really need more gifs of Guy Fieri being gross.

Cesaro can get fucked for what he said about the god king Daniel Bryan

Cesaro said:
With Daniel Bryan not in the picture, it makes it maybe a little bit easier for me to get those titles.

Fuck the hell off, you inhuman piece of shit.

Kaladin

You mean the dream of the thousand cats or whatever?

It's mostly just a diversion meant to emphasize a few things.

We actually agree on something. Is it a full moon tonight or what?

Guy Fieri wouldn't be nearly as bad if the only annoying thing about him was his schtick but then there's all those stories about him being a real life prick.

Guy Fieri wouldn't be nearly as bad if the only annoying thing about him was his schtick but then there's all those stories about him being a real life prick.

on the real i thought all the hate about him just seemed so shallow and thought he'd be an alright guy. but yeah finding out about him being a homophobe to a point that it would warrior blush really kinda warranted it.

somedevil

I smell Bray/ Cena 4. Ugh

Heymans bill Alfonzo story is great

Cena has to face someone at Battlground for the title. Going through everyone in the match Sheamus seems to feuding with Wyatt now. Orton is going to face Reigns. So who is left is Kane, Del Rio or Cesaro. Out of those 3 who should face Cena at Battleground?

Top Bottom