• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT-2| Money In The Bank, None In The Stock

Catching up!

My favorite finisher is the Diamond Cutter. DDP was god damned amazing at it and the RKO makes me sad. It's not OUTTA NOWHERE if you just stand and wait for them to get up and jump into it every god damned time.

But she was immediately over. The crowd was chanting for her by the end of her entrance. I'm not seeing how it's a "botched debut" just because the gimmick is wacky.
I don't get that, as soon as it's a gimmick people don't like, it doesn't matter whether it's over or not.

It's silly, for sure, but I've come to expect it and I don't expect Devitt to get hit by it for various reasons. I don't think it'll last to that degree either, she'll morph into something else gimmick wise over time. The most important thing is she looked good as a performer.

I agree with you actually! I'm just saying that the immediate debut for me is kinda soured by the ridiculous dancing and music. She's still really good so she'll be fine either way probably.

My favorite has always been the Emerald Flowsion. I just love how smooth it is
emerald-flowsion-o.gif

Either that or a good old fashioned lariat

Sephzilla

My favorite finisher is the Stone Cold Stunner. It was a quick and effective move, but the kick to the stomach that sets it up made the move long enough to not be "outta nowhere" and be just long enough to get hyped for it.

Also, hi Wrasslegaf

It is hard for me to narrow down to an all time favorite but if I had a top three, it would be:

1) Macho Man Elbow Drop
2) Perfect Plex
3) DDT (Arn Anderson)

I also am a sucker for Stalling German Suplexes and all the various variations. Such a beautiful move.

I'm also a fan of the stalling suplex, I always really liked the jackhammer.

Davey Boy's running powerslam was a favorite for me as well for some reason.

Also was always excited as hell when I knew the Swanton Bomb was coming.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Strange question time, if Cena absolutely had to have a manager and you had to pick from who's on the roster now, who would you choose as his new mouthpiece? Feel free to take it anywhere. Heyman is a cop-out answer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I legit feel Big Cass needs different ringwear or a haircut. There's one thing that's just a liiiittle off about him.

Sephzilla

Strange question time, if Cena absolutely had to have a manager and you had to pick from who's on the roster now, who would you choose as his new mouthpiece? Feel free to take it anywhere. Heyman is a cop-out answer.

this is a tough one because it's hard to find anyone who can compensate for Cena's blandness.

is Punk an answer?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
this is a tough one because it's hard to find anyone who can compensate for Cena's blandness.

is Punk an answer?

It's an answer.

I dunno what I'd do. I think of a lot of people in NXT (because they're not afraid to bring managers back, or have wrestlers in manager roles) but I think there's a handful of people down there that could be a lot of fun with Cena.

Well retroactively I'd have it be Wyatt. Not necessarily him joining the family or anything. But just have it to where Wyatt has his ear. Bray can cut some odd "I have convinced the king to commit treason" angle or some odd promo stuff. It would be fun. Probably.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to see Bo Dallas on a quest to help Cena get his mojo back. 3 month program.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Only one person currently on the roster has shown time and again his ability to shift into a new gimmick without skipping a beat and so I say Cody Rhodes.

Carnby

Summerslam is going to be such a cruel game of Roulette. All I want is a Brock title match win, and I would reup my contract. But my contract ends before the PPV, so I have to throw my money at the hands of fate (or Vince in this case) hoping that the right thing happens.

I am going to be pretty depressed if I reup for another 6 months, and then a week later I see Cena win clean vs Brock.

You didn't do a trial week before signing up for six months? I did which means mine expires on September 3rd. At which point I will not renew.

Heel

Pastor Big E, giving sermons as if John Sina was God. Endless possibilities.

Bo Dallas, friend.

So he can pass the torch to the new up and comer, John Sina.

This could work as well.

Gorillaz

I hope creative turns Big E into a preacher. Coming out in the clothing and having the ring setup like pulpit.How could you hate him after that

Actually...idk if I can trust them with pulling that off

strobogo

Banned
The brainbustaaaaaaaaaaaah was tricky, because it either looked like a soft landing that couldn't have hurt at all, or like someone just broke their neck and probably busted their dome when it bounced off the floor.

Kaladin

The brainbustaaaaaaaaaaaah was tricky, because it either looked like a soft landing that couldn't have hurt at all, or like someone just broke their neck and probably busted their dome when it bounced off the floor.

And when done right, it's fucking awesome. Great as a finisher too because it is a big spot that feels like a finish, and often was.

Bizazedo

Sandow.

He played the heel manager during the house sho....sorry, live event, in Newark, DE, and was amazing until the one Los Matador got hurt.

Heel

I hope creative turns Big E into a preacher. Coming out in the clothing and having the ring setup like pulpit.How could you hate him after that

Actually...idk if I can trust them with pulling that off

You could even fold in some shifty, snake oil "scam minister" mannerisms to his gimmick. Have his new finisher be a blessing, in which he touches his opponent's forehead with the power of Sina and they stiffen up like a board, falling to the mat for an easy 3 count.

Top Bottom