• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Syder

The Shield were absolutely more than the sum of their parts and splitting them early was a great idea...

...but they're still massively overrated, in my opinion, and I have no desire to see them back together for a very, very long time.

The Shield were absolutely more than the sum of their parts and splitting them early was a great idea...

...but they're still massively overrated, in my opinion, and I have no desire to see them back together for a very, very long time.

They were a decent faction. Just that. Decent.

The fact that WWE wants to compare them to the Four Horsemen, the nWo, and DX is absolutely ridiculous.

I think the main problem with those guys is we know they will always be a bit of a glass ceiling for their respective places on the card. Always hovering around the top. It makes things feel a bit stagnant and predictable.

Beefy

Better as a group then individuals. But yeh hyped to hell

Dude, the shield was better than Dx

a081c82d268f530203088ed8fd3d21cf.gif

Hex

Banned

DX was a running fart and tit joke that just somehow kept going mainly because it was right in the audience wheelhouse.

That kind of thing can happen when you have the in guy, and the prodigal son and their buddies.
Merch wise also they were a beast (second to NWO if I am not mistaken though)

But ring impact wise, and potential wise?
Shield, not even close.
When I heard that call go out and that entrance? You know shit was going to go down.
When you heard the DX theme kick in, you know you were probably in for a 20 minute comedy skit

DX was a running fart and tit joke that just somehow kept going mainly because it was right in the audience wheelhouse.

That kind of thing can happen when you have the in guy, and the prodigal son and their buddies.
Merch wise also they were a beast (second to NWO if I am not mistaken though)

But ring impact wise, and potential wise?
Shield, not even close.
When I heard that call go out and that entrance? You know shit was going to go down.
When you heard the DX theme kick in, you know you were probably in for a 20 minute comedy skit
And some of their comedy skits are repeats. I got tired of them after half a year

Zach

Watch their RAW match a month or two before Mania that year. The one where Punk uses a banned move.
Give me a date or something.

And this reminds me that TarpitCarnivore wants me to watch the Xmas Eve '12 RAW. Gotta remember that.

(Probably won't. >_>)

Give me a date or something.

And this reminds me that TarpitCarnivore wants me to watch the Xmas Eve '12 RAW. Gotta remember that.

(Probably won't. >_>)

CM Punk vs John Cena RAW 2/25/13

This may be a different year than what your watching either way watch it.

Hex

Banned
I want to be a fan and be hyped for the new Black Panther trailer, but after reading the thread my skin is too pale to allow genuine hype.
Sad though, it looks fantastic.

T.v

Black Panther looks different enough from the standard superhero movie to have me mildly excited for it, regardless of the politics people ascribe to the movie.
I thought the same for Doctor Strange though, and that one turned out a big disappointment.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You know, I kind of appreciate that they're actually treating Finn Balor right this time - instead of immediately throwing the demon out, they're letting him establish himself as a regular dude so when he brings out the demon it seems special.

You know, I kind of appreciate that they're actually treating Finn Balor right this time - instead of immediately throwing the demon out, they're letting him establish himself as a regular dude so when he brings out the demon it seems special.

The way they treated him before was silly. I think it would be better for him to lose a few times then use his demon thing to go over.

Like on the best matches of all time with Liger and Muta. But uh, with Balor winning I guess.

Top Bottom